What Do You Expect From Cgi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slowhand
Suppose that The Hulk was delayed for 2-3 years to better take advantage of the more advanced CGI, do you honestly believe that he, the Hulk, would ever look 100% completely "real"? ILM is the cutting edge and even their baby, Star Wars Episodes I and II, have plenty of moments when things look like crap.

The Hulk was a tremendous movie going experience in my opinion. My kids loved it and so did my wife and I. I found that the Hulk looked best in the bright light of day and not the night shots, which really is the opposite of most CGI characters. There would never be a man to play the Hulk as he should be: 11ft. tall and 1500lbs. I trust that Thing in the inevitable Fantastic Four will look as equally impressive. Man, what would I give to see Hulk and Thing duke it out for a few minutes.

I liked it a lot and will add it to my DVD collection at the earliest opportunity. cool

chico23
Yeah Hulk vs The Thing movie, now that would be fun!

ajax28
Slowhand- You make a good point. I really enjoyed the movie.
I think they could have done better with some different technique for the effects, though. An actuall drawn cartoon added in maybe? , or miniature models and stop-action like in the old Sinbad movies... should be more perfected by now I'd think...

CaptainTrips
Stop knocking the hulk would ya? They did a fine job...how in the hell do you propose to make an 11ft. tall giant look real anyways? Not unless you do the old Godzilla thing and make a bunch of tiny models. Thank God they didn't do that. I guess the people disappointed by the cgi hulk thought the titanic was a real ocean liner used in the film..sigh..what has this world come to? sad

ragesRemorse
the CGI was fun and impessive, it was the story that was lacking, bad dialouge and a worse plot made for a below average movie, why cant movie makers stick to the comics when doing comic book movies WHY????? it worked for spiderman, the original batman and for the most part superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.