Evil Dead 4 has gotta be made!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badass
Now that Sam is Mr Big, he should make a new Evil dead movie with Brucey, making it as high-budget and visually stunning as Pirates of the Carrybeeen.

Come get some!

BackFire349
shouldnt be high budget. it just wouldnt seem like evil dead with a large budget. it needs a grainy picture and cheezy special effects.

chico23
I agree backfire. That was the reason the Evil Dead series was so cool. They shouldn't ruin it with high end special effects or put alot of big name stars in it either.

TedO
If Evil Dead was a high budget film, it would flop. It would probably still do great for the first week or so at the box office because of all the die-hard fans, but after that everybody would be saying how terrible it was, nothing like the other ones.

And I don't think they should make another one. The series is great as it is, why dig it up and destroy the greatness by adding crap (or risk ruining by adding crap I should say)?

rinoa
I dont know when your posts were put on but a group of fans have made evil dead 4 it doesnt star bruce though. Unfortunatly i havent seen it and i dont know where to find info on it so soz if this sounds a bit sus but trust me it is out there somewhere maybe somone will read this and be able to say more. beer

BackFire349
hmm, thats not really a sequel. more of a bootleg.

Evil Dead
They should have stopped at Dead by Dawn.........Army of Darkness has forever tainted the series........how can they make a 4th installment in a film series a horror movie when the last one was a comedy?........

turdmuppet
Army of Darkness had it's moments, I don't think it tainted the series though, the only problem i had with it was the removal of Ash's Chainsaw replaced with the bionic hand.

TopVideoGamer
Army of Darkness OWNED.

AOD > j00.

BackFire349
army of darkness was hilarious, i have no problem with a movie not taking itself seriously. and it would be very easy to make the fourth one scary again. Just because the last one was funny means nothing.

Dario Argento
No, a high budget would destroy an Evil Dead movie. Their is something charming about them the way they are.

pablo007
Yeah, let's pray for it. Bruce Campbell is very underrated if you ask me.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Army of Darkness was stupid in a hilarious way. laughing out loud

BABOON
i found this on aintitcool.com...thought it might be of interest to you folks...

Hey Harry,

This morning Gustav and Daria, two local Portland radio mini-celebs, interviewed the King- Bruce-I'm cooler-than-Colin-Farrell Campbell- on the opening/ short run of Bubba-Ho-Tep at Cinema 21.

Daria began her last question with the warning to Bruce that he wouldn't like what she was about to ask, then preceded to tell him she'd interviewed Robert Englund a couple of weeks ago and he said a Freddy/ Jason/ Ash crossover was in negotiations and if Bruce could confirm that rumour.

Bruce answered that "Robert was a pretty smart and perceptive guy" and that negotiations were underway by guys in suits at the studios. Basically the fight is over whose franchise would come out on top in the potential crossover. Daria quipped that "we should just let the geeks fight it out" to which Bruce answered "yeah, let Harry Knowles decide who wins."

Personally I'm not keen on the crossover idea of a crossover with Ash and Freddy. The "Evil Dead" films are light years cooler than the "Nightmare" series and Ash wouldn't be caught dead slumming on Elm street. On the other hand: I'll take what "Evil Dead" their willing to dish out, even if he has to share time with Freddy, 'cause the franchise looks all but dead. And I'm always happy to see Bruce working.

Stay out of Double-Secret-Probation.

Dean Wormer

BackFire349
i think that would be great for the genre, 3 of its most alluring and popular icons fighting it out in what would be the ultimate crossover. im all for it if they can do it.

pablo007
Yeah, and if it does happen I wish it's long cuz Freddy Vs. Jason is like 45 minutes long.

DeNiro
i would watch a evil dead 4 for sure cause i luved one and two and two esaplly i luved the part when the head less woman was trying to kill ash with the chainsaw but imagine that secne with great speacil effects it would just suck i also agree it should be low budget

grymlock
anything goes for me.... cheers!!

Mormegil
Oh, HEL YEAH! Evil dead movies were freaking awesome!!! Bruce is the BEST!!! Awe, if they make an Evil Dead 4, it had so better be low budget. It totally wouldn't be the same if it was a high-budget film. But, anyways... I gotta go to school, so I gotta go!

Wolfie
Do you mean the first two Evil Dead movies were scary? The reason they made Army of Darkness was because the first two weren't scary, just stupidly funny, so they finish the trilogy off by making a comedy on purpose.

Fbeauvaisc
I think evil dead was'nt a comedy for sure, evil dead 2 was kind of a mixup of comedy and horror cuz it's so gorry and funny at the same time. I'd say both had it's scary moments. I defenitly think if they made a 4th one it should be goryer than army of darkness. More like evil dead 2 witch is the best one of all I think

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.