Resident Evil: Apocalypse [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

buffymitch
Do you think this movies sounds promising?? I can't wait for it.
I don't know if it's true but i heard that their budget is just 50 million.
Seems a bit low for a resident evil movie. Let me know what you think

BackFire349
first one wasnt very good. so i doubht this one will be. coulda been great, but they fired romero who was originally going to write and direct it. bad move.

Darth Vicious
Me on the other hand loved RE1 and cant wait for part 2

BackFire349
it wasnt awful, but it coulda been so much more.

Skynline652
M. Jovovich is sux in Resident 1 movie...
She playing in the resident 2???

Kes
I also loved the 1st and cant wait for the 2nd! stick out tongue

KidRock
i hope that hot girl from Fast and Furious is in it again!

glenn
i thought the second was called RE2: NEMESIS.

Kes
She is dead.erm
She was pretty cool though!

buffymitch
For the second movie i hope they put some puzzles and riddles just like the game. It will give us the feeling we're in the movie. This time around they must at least have some characters from the games.

Prototype_Angel
i heard they put jill valentine charcter in this movie but stil havent find the match actress dough sad

glenn
I thought that Jill Valentine would have been in the first movie. But if shes in the second movie then it will bring the movie alive.

buffymitch
Jill valentine Claire redfield Chris Redfield and Carlos Oliveira sound coool and maybe one of those annoying kids who always get you into trouble. Milla has to stay in the picture and have som interaction with these original characters.

Thomas H
I liked this movie very much..it was surprinsingly good!

but they should have used the reel characters as Jill and Chris!

buffymitch
we will just have to wait and see. but i do hope they give the budget a boost

808Morpheus
50 mill?? Hmm, that does seem a bit low, considering the first one in my opinion was surprisingly good. I did not think or expect the first one to be as good as it was, but was surprised wby what I saw. As for the name, that depends on the synpsis of the film. Since I don't kow what type of storyline they are carrying with it it is hard to say. Looking forward to it though.

buffymitch
Now i have another question. What did you guys think about the music in The first film by Marilyn Manson. I'm not a manson fan but this score wa amazing. It was perfect for the movie. I don't know what they wil do for the next movie but i hope they do something just like it. Not some stupid songs by some hard rock band. Just a score.

808Morpheus
I agree, I am not a manson fan either, but it did fit the movie perfectly!! I hope they do not disappoint us in the next film. Of course you realize, if you make a hit movie with very little money,then you profits skyrocket, maybe that is what they are aiming at....maybe. The name alone will draw such a crowd. Anyway, the music rocked!! I have the soundtrack,and it is one of myfavorite soundtracks!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kes
i think that budget is way to smal!its got to be more!
how well did the 1st movie do?

808Morpheus
Yeah, but look at blair Witch, that was low budgeted, but they brought it big bucks!!

buffymitch
Blairwitch did indeed bring big bucks but do you realy want to see a resident evil movie filmed that way. A 80 million sounds good

Kes
A very good marketing stunt brought in bucks besides Blair witch as no special effects and a cast that was not famouse.
Not to mention that it sucks big time!Stupidest movie ever made!

Metroplex
http://www.killermovies.com/r/residentevilnemesis/articles/3287.html

BackFire349
id rather see 28 days later again.

Rogue Jedi
i agree, kes. blair witch bit the big one. part 2? excuse me.....RAAALLPPHHH!!!!!!!!! im ok now.

Evil Dead
I hope it is better than the first.........I liked the first but agree that it could have been better.

It probably will be Nemesis.......based on the fact that the last thing we see in the first movie is about the Nemesis project.......

$50 million isn't exactly a small budget.........it's actually a pretty healthy budget...........there aren't any mega-stars in the movie announced so far so they don't have to pay alot..........remember that the Matrix was made for $75 million and they had to pay good sums of money to Keanu Reeves and Larry Fishburn + have all the effects......most movies have much smaller budgets........the only movies that get mega budgets are those who are believed to be Blockbusters (Star Wars, Titanic, Spider Man, Matrix Sequels, etc.).....and ofcourse Hulk which backfired........you know that they still havn't made their money back on that film.......I bet somebody lost a job over that movie.

Kes
In the Killermovies site the call it Apokalyps. There some news there.

Rogue Jedi
i cant wait for pt.2....mila jovovich...daddy likes.....

Kes
laughing out loud

ZombieMan127

ZombieMan127
First of all Jill doesn't have raven hair she has brown and Jill and Alice will never meet in this movie so says Paul W. Anderson so far.

SaTsuJiN
*sigh* naturally it will be better, and since the character alice was an original character by JW Anderson, I would hope she and jill wouldnt meet (since a meeting was never documented). However it would be interesting to see what happens if they do meet.

For R.E.2 Im more concerned about the cast, because the originals supporting cast was kind of shitty. Milla was the only good actress there. Everyone elses acting was like school play quality (even home movie for that matter). So I hope they look at peoples acting talent this time around before hiring them. Not to mention we could use some new media on this subject. :P

DemonicGambit
Here's what I want to know about the movie. Is Adda going to be in it? I don't think they should have changed the name of the movie either.

DeNiro
i never realy played the video gmae to much but i liked the part in the movie were u saw that one chicks cooch

Kes
Resident Evil news:http://www.killermovies.com/r/residentevilnemesis/

Kes
Who's in it? Milla Jovovich , Eric Mabius , Jason Isaacs , Sienna Guillory , Oded Fehr , Emily Bergl
What's it about? The monster from the third game, Nemesis, makes his horrific debut alongside Alice, Matt, Jill Valentine and Claire Redfield in a "side story set within the game's universe", according to the director.

More news:http://www.countingdown.com/movies/567549

ZombieMan127
I kinda posted tht, well anyway Leon is sposed 2 be in but Emily will suck as Claire.

ZombieMan127
Oh Yeah I go 2 counting Down same name its my fav board 2 go 2. big grin Its really good Carlos is aparently going 2 be played ODED NOW!!! tht F***ed Carlos is younger.

THe RoCK82
I like the Resident Evil games, but when I saw the first Resi-movie, I was disappointed. It sucked big-time because it didn't had the same tension you have like in the movie. To me, it was more like an ACTION movie, then a HORROR-SURVIVAl movie !!!

ph33r m3
Does anyone know the song name in the movie when Alice cocks the shotgun and it start playing a really sw33t piano bit. Please tell me, tis a great sound. It sooths the sole and your |_337|\|355 will show more. Spanks yous guys.

lukeyduckey
The film sucked
The games are good. If the second goes to the game i may be able to smile, but plz say the director from the first isnt doing the second, i coulda done a better job.

Furzarsch

Furzarsch
Maybe there is a third!!!!!!!!!!!

smokin' smokin' smokin'

Furzarsch
Happy Dance
stick out tongue

I Love You Milla!!!

Dennie Scheuten.

Kes
What are you talking about?Where did you read that?

Fire
still have to see resident evil

Furzarsch
@Kes
They started filming the second part and they used another actress.
Dont know were I read that but I think its the truth.

diegocala
pooor us...I love her! sad

Darth Vicious
I didnt really liked Milla in RE, i liked her betterin the Fifth Element before she spoke any english in it!

diegocala
yeah, yeah!!

Fire
hehe

SaTsuJiN
thats bs, her character is very crucial to this next film. I mean SHE's the one who goes through the entire city. The game characters really only have cameo-ish appearances. Im not sure if they have such a big role as milla does.

Theres no way milla is NOT going to be in the film. She said so herself she wanted to be in all of them.

Furzarsch
The problem is that they just started filming and I saw some pictures somewhere in the web, very inofficial and there is another actress playing headrole (not shure). Without Milla I think Resident Evil 2 is not that good. Well, if you like Resident Evil Pc Games then you may like the second, but I think without Milla the film is not that interessting.

Fire
well I still have to see the first one, if I ever get around to it but Milla is a good actrice so I can imagine her carrying the movie

Kes
Furzarsch>I think there would have been news here (killermovies.com) if she wasnt in it.
Makes no sence without her and if the change the actress, thats even worst.
My opinion what you saw was a pic of someone who is going to play a character from the game and they made a big deal about it.

BackFire349
the sequel shouldnt even be made to begin with, with or without milla jonovovovovovocivivovich or whatever it is.

Furzarsch
Well, but if you like her and... ok the other films are different.
If You like Horror Movies, softer ones, then you love this one. Of course if you like Milla, you should love this film or do you think that she is a ZERO-Actress. I think she can play everything. And that why Resident Evil 2 is a must for her. Or Not?
** Yes, I mean I like to meet her when I got my stuff done here in germany. smile Sorry for the logname.

BackFire349
resident evil wasnt a horror movie, it was action in my eyes.

Fire
dunno, but from what I've heard I agree with backfire

Furzarsch
Or do you like to know something?

Kes
blink

Furzarsch
Well, Well, maybe Apocalypse is just on the right way.
Sorry for the misunderstandment.

And dont trust nobody! And dont believe pictures!!
Sorry for that.

embarrasment No Milla, no Resident Evil!

rolling on floor laughing
laughing out loud ????

SaTsuJiN
lol.. you mean "misunderstanding". Its np, oh and resident evil is techincally Survival/horror/action mixxed with a bit of sci fi (since you got all that geneology and dna splicing going on there). Therefore its not out for 100% scarefactor. I think RE's scarefactor went out the window after 2. Now its more or less for the thrills and the wondering who lives or dies and how.

buffymitch
Info on resident evil apocalypse:
Starring Milla Jovovich As Alice, Eric Mabius as Matt Addisson AKA Nemesis,Sienna Guillory as Jill Valentine, Jared Harris as Dr Ashford and Oded Fher. I donn't know who that last guy is playing.
Filming began on august 11th on a 50 million budget.
The girl in the pic is Sienna Guillory

SaTsuJiN
Heres the cast (main cast)

Cast (in credits order)
Milla Jovovich .... Alice
Jared Harris .... Dr. Ashford
Eric Mabius .... Matt Addison
Sienna Guillory .... Jill Valentine
Oded Fehr .... Carlos Olivera

carlos is that annoying guy from RE3 that would never have a spanish accent until he said his name....

Oded Fehr:

SaTsuJiN
oh sorry for the double post but heres one of Sienna as Jill (^ ^;

this movie is gonna be exciting big grin

Kes
What do you mean didnt have a spanish accent till he said is name?blink

SaTsuJiN
he'd be like "OMG jill!! RUUUN@!!"

and then when you had first met him or he introduces himself he's like :

"My name... is *spanish accent* Car'los"

I guess he wanted to sound suave or something :P

Kes
Ah ok. Well 2 options:
1) His english is good and he doesnt have an accent. But likes to say his name right.
2) He is an american (with spanish parents) has no accent and just likes to say is name right smile

SaTsuJiN
lol.. if you say so whistle

Does anyone have any pictures of milla from the new movie? I wanna see her new outfit (^ ^;

buffymitch
that pics looks exciting. but i have to say that it doesn't look like Jill. Where do you think she is. TO me it seems like that police station in RE2

h0ck3yh0rr0r
the movie wasn't considered horror but the games was.

Kes
Description of the teaser (or so it says on the net):

"A young woman sits in a chair in the middle of a blank white room. It plays like a commercial you'd see on TV. A female voice over starts to talk about the effects of aging as the camera moves in on the woman's face. While the voice over talks about aging, the woman's face starts to show wrinkles. More and more wrinkles show and the woman becomes older and older until she looks very elderly. We then see a shot of a product which will help fight aging. It is made by The Umbrella Corp. The "commercial" ends with the voice over saying "Some side-effects may occur."

buffymitch
Where can i see that teaser Kes

Kes
Here are some news:
http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/residentevil2.html

buffymitch
GOd you're fast. You're not only the incarnation of storm but also Quicksilver Hahaha

Kes
Some artwork here:http://filmforce.ign.com/residentevil/articles/402/402276p1.html

Kes
buffymitch> laughing out loud

Also read somewhere that this is the story:

"The nightmare isnt over, William Birkin ordered The Hive to be reopened, and in doing so contaminated all of Raccoon City, a city of the dead, with Alice stuck right in the middle. Now, along with other survivors, Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield and Carlos Oliviera, they must fight to survive, to escape the nightmare that has plagued Raccoon City. But now there is a new threat, Matt Addison has fully mutated into a seemingly unstoppable creature, code named Nemesis, who will stop at nothing until everything around it is dead, but it also has another agenda."

Makes sense.

Kes
Dont like the way this sounds messed :

"From what director Paul Anderson says, Evil 2 will feature a zombie behemoth known as The Nemesis. "I can't reveal too much," he said, "but I will say that Jill Valentine and Alice will never meet in the story. There will be two separate stories going on in the movie." Anderson also said that he's hoping Mira Sorvino will play Jill, with Milla Jovovich and Eric Mabius returning. (Empire Online) "

Took it from here:
http://movies.go.com/movies/R/residentevilnemesis_2003/

Oh I think we all know Mira Sorvino turned down the part.

BackFire349
the first one sucked, they shoulda stuck with george romero as writer/director, coulda had a good movie, rather then the typical crap was had.

Kes
Oh sorry hadnt seen this. The teaser is not out yet.
But its about to come out with some movie...cant remember which on thou. But this next few weeks.(I think blink )

yerssot
seperate stories huh?
game-like wink

Kes
Yeh this movie is suppose to be more like the 3rd game or something like that.

buffymitch
The two story thing doesn't sound too great to me. I like the first premise and i also think that will be it because Mira Sorvino is not Jill. I think Alice and Jill Should meet because that way you'll have more of a survival feeling. Yes It will be a bit more game like but at some point i think they should meet.

This is the premise from yahoo: (if this is a problem you know with copyrights feel free to edit this Kes)

Picking up where the end of the first movie left off, an elite military agent, Alice (Jovovich), finds herself stranded in the ruins of Raccoon City folowing a virus outbreak which has turned the city's inhabitants into bloodthirsty zombies. Searching for a way to contain the virus, Alice also teams up with other survivors, who include Jill Valentine (the key heroine from the games) (Guillory), who finds herself being hunted down by a massive monster called Nemesis (Mabius) with ties to Alice, and the tendency to moan 'Starrrrssss' a lot. (Oded Fehr plays the head of Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Force; Jared Harris plays Dr. Ashford, the wheelchair-bound scientist who developed the "super soldier" formula that caused this whole problem.)

Kes
laughing out loud

buffymitch
naughty girl KES!!!

Kes
Its funny big grin

Mujaffa
http://www.moviezine.se/filmbilder/004/resident_evil2_bild.jpg

buffymitch
I know trhis is kinda late but i just read that RE 1 was shot on a 35 million budget. And they still made a good movie. So me nagging about the budget beinbg low (50 million for the sequel) was really stupid.

paintballwizard
when is Resident Evil: Apocalypse coming out

DeNiro
yeah if i knew what that was i would tell ya lol r u referring to the game or is that a movie coming out i am thinking u r talkin about the game

paintballwizard
its the game

DemonGnome
The Resident Evil: Apocalypse teaser came out this week prior to Underworld.

lukeyduckey
Hmm the first film sucked so bad, but from what you lot are saying this one could be good. Although i would of liked it of been on the second game. But the nemsises is cool, espicaly if he does go Starssssss!! Seriously what is this guy obsesiion!!

BackFire349
*craps on resident evil*

SaTsuJiN
Actually he kinda keeps going "Stars stars stars stars stars stars" as he runs after you (in the game you're jill valentine, A member of S.T.A.R.S. Special Tactics And Rescue Squad). He's a downgraded version of Tyrant that was mass produced by umbrella and sent to eliminate any interference from S.T.A.R.S. team members. In RE 2 a form of nemesis was introduced, but I believe he was called mr. X. Nemesis on the other hand, opens doors and goes through many obstacles to kill S.T.A.R.S. members big grin I think I remember one time he kinda roars "STAAAAARRSSSSS!!!!" after you escape from him

Nemesis, as close as you ever want to get ~_-

lukeyduckey
What a handsome devil

CandyKoRn
lol..

I actually liked the movie *runs away*

buffymitch
Is the teaser any good??
Is it online??

buffymitch
There is no release date set yet, It's defenitly in 2004 but the exact date is isn't know. Yahoo believes it will be in marcg or in April

buffymitch
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/residentevilapocalypse/synopsis.html

updated resident evil movie site

buffymitch
I'm going to answer my self: Yes it's great and it's online

buffymitch
milla

buffymitch
Jill

buffymitch
Hey guys just one more

paintballwizard
thanks

SaTsuJiN
wow the teaser is right on the site, thanks buffymitch! big grin

LOL @ "Regenerate" Resident Evil goodness...mmmmmmmmm

they better hurry it up, I wanna see iiiiiitttt~! :P

ya cant trust umbrella as far as ya can throw em ~_-

buffymitch
That's right.
Just think that there are some secret places around the world where they making bio weapons. Antrax or SArs. Just think about it

nemesis1984
i saw a coupleof pics from the movie i just hope not to be dissapointed by the big man nemesis

SaTsuJiN
Well I know nemesis carried a rocket launcher with him, which he also bashes you with if you get too close. As long as they can get the outfit and the attitude right it should be smooth sailin' big grin

buffymitch
what didi you guys think of the teaser?? It actually gave me the creeps. But i can still watch it over and over.

paintballwizard
yeaHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy Dance:danc
e:Happy DanceHappy Dance

SaTsuJiN
Well the first movie was good, considering they used only a few elements from the video game. Since this one involves alot more elements from the game it should be excellent.

I loved the atmosphere in the teaser. Now that its so much more larger than "The Hive", I really want to see what happens. The characters look perfect. Even the way Jill was acting was how she is in the game. The emotion that milla has as an actress is superb. She really brings the character to life with her subtle emotion changes. Can't wait to see this one >_<!

Kes
Where did you see all that?

BackFire349
thumb down

MUSE(a band)_16
i hope the zombies are going to look like zombie

buffymitch
Kes you ean the teaser. here it is

enjoy

AsmartAss
MAN ARE YOU PEOPLE F****** STUPID??? OFCOURSE SHES GOING TO BE IN THE NEXT MOIVE..WITHOUT HER THAT MOVIE IS NOTHING. WHERE EVER YOU PEOPLE ARE GETTING YOUR STUPID ASS INFO ITS WAY ****IN WRONG..I MEAN COME ON I WENT TO GO SEE UNDERWORLD AND I SAW THE ****IN PREVIEW AND SHE IN IT IF THERE THINKING ABOUT PUTTING ANOTHER ACTRESS IN THIS MOVIE THAT GOING TO BE VERY VERY RETARDED....IF YOU WANT THE REAL INFO COME TO ME E-MAIL ME I HAVE EVERYTHING IF YOU DONT BALIVE O WELL GO BALIVE THOSE LAME ASS SITES YOU PEOPLE GO INTO....ICANT BALIVE YOU WOULD LISTIN TO THOSE BOGUS ASS SITE BEFORE I GO AND LET YOU PEOPLE BALIVE THAT SHIT..IF YOU WANNA ARGUE ABOUT THIS SHIT THEN JUST MAIL ME OR SEND ME A ****IN MESSAGE..
mad

AsmartAss
MAN ARE YOU PEOPLE F****** STUPID??? OF COURSE SHES GOING TO BE IN THE NEXT MOVIE..WITHOUT HER THAT MOVIE IS NOTHING. WHERE EVER YOU PEOPLE ARE GETTING YOUR STUPID ASS INFO ITS WAY ****IN WRONG..I MEAN COME ON I WENT TO GO SEE UNDERWORLD AND I SAW THE ****IN PREVIEW AND SHE WAS IN IT IF THERE THINKING ABOUT PUTTING ANOTHER ACTRESS IN THIS MOVIE THATS GOING TO BE VERY VERY RETARDED....IF YOU WANT THE REAL INFO COME TO ME E-MAIL ME I HAVE EVERYTHING. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE O WELL GO BELIEVE THOSE LAME ASS SITES YOU PEOPLE GO INTO....ICANT BELIEVE YOU WOULD LISTEN TO THOSE BOGUS ASS SITE. BEFORE I GO AND LET YOU PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT SHIT..IF YOU WANNA ARGUE ABOUT THIS SHIT THEN JUST MAIL ME OR SEND ME A ****IN MESSAGE..
mad

lukeyduckey
Somebodys have sexual frustration times. oh well man, better luck tonight.

Kes
I've seen the teaser but you see the chick with the dog and then some flashes. You cant see them act like SaTsuJiN was talking.

Kes
RELAX! What the hell are you talking about?If you mean Milla not being in it, yes we already know she is. That was a rumor that appeared sometime ago.

buffymitch
To who is asmartas responding??

BackFire349
seemingly someone who punched him in the face, being that upset thats the only reasonable answer.

buffymitch
i think so too

buffymitch
does any body here know who is doing the music on this movie??
I liked the first score by Marilyn MAnson.

BackFire349
probably a bunch of rock bands again.

wicker_man
I agree with Backfire, hopefully they will try some new bands instead of SlipKnot and Manson every horror movie soundtrack seems to have them on it.

buffymitch
no i mean the score not the soundtrack because the soundtrack sucked. What marilyn manson did with the score was good. I hope they do that again. They should not let any song (with singing) play during the movie just music (score)

wicker_man
Yeh the score rocked look forward to seeing who will behind the next one.

buffymitch
Yep it rocked. If you had to recommend a band or someone who would it be?? I would love they asked MArilyn manson again but i doubt they will do that. A korn or Limpbizkit would do great

wicker_man
I dont think they will have any1 of those two i think they will choose some1 with a dark image to tie in with the film.

SaTsuJiN
for someone who had no real soundscaping background I thought Manson did a fantastic job for RE movie big grin

nemesis1984
you guys should stop worrying about the soundtrack and worry about getting some pics of the big man NEMESIS for us all.

I REALLY WANT TO SEE A PIC OF NEMESIS!!!!!!!

AsmartAss
Sorry for being a real big smartass sence it is a rumor im glad because milla is in it cause shes hot and stuff..soo sorry for blowing steam at yall.....oo yea i want a pic of nemesis too lol.....cant wait until this second movie comes out Happy Dance

SaTsuJiN
Actually it sounds more like someone who only read the first post and not the rest of the thread, or else he'd know not to yell about milla not being in the movie.

Sadly, I was only able to find a pic of the nemesis mask being used.. not the actual character in the movie.
its on this site if you're interested : http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/residentevil2.html

buffymitch
We forgive you asmartass. there is no pic available yet. I hope it looks a bit realistic. because those dogs in the first movie looked very fake.

nemesis1984
i just want nemesis to look real the licker from the last movie sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the worst cg monster i have seen ever

Kes
I read an interview with Milla were she says that its a guy in a suit so at least no CGI...or not all in CGI.

SaTsuJiN
Yeah hehe, costume is better than mixing movie with cg (depends on the budget)

Thing is... how are they gonna squeeze a rocket launcher on nemesis' arm? lol

Kes
Weird...does he have 1 in the game?
That would look kinda stupid I think...since this nemesis its Matt (i think that was his name) mutated.

SaTsuJiN
Well he carries a rocket launcher and fires it or hits people with it.

SaTsuJiN
Here is what nemesis is based on from resident evil 2

Mr. X

wicker_man
Apparently Eric Mabius (From the first film) will b playing Nemisis after all it was his character that was put in the 'Nemesis' project hopefully they keep his apperance as close to the game version as possible.

Kes
Maybe he stills a rocket launcher from the army guys big grin

buffymitch
this is some dissapointing news for eric mabius fans but it seems he won't be returnig as NEmesis.

nemesis1984
that sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the first time i saw the movie i thougt it was chris
but they've got to get this big guy to play nemesis, i mean the guy in the game is about two times jill when standing and almost her size when he get in his knees!!!!! i mean the guy who plays him is gonna have to be really tal an muscular.

buffymitch
that's probably why he won't be returning. He has to be muscular and BIG and Eric MAbius is defentilt not that.

Kes
He is in the cast list:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0318627/

buffymitch
Yahoo said that he won't be returning.

(9/28/03) Although this movie involves the monster called Nemesis, Eric Mabius, whose character was mentioned in the first movie as being pegged for the "Nemesis program", will not be returning for this movie as that character.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808495842

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>