All FOUR movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

COREWORLD
According to TF.N, the National Museum of Film and Photography in Bradford is going to be showing all four SW movies back to back! It goes under the title: 'Festival of the force' and runs 24th-25th Feb. Time to dig out that Obi-Wan costume again! (Just kidding...Maybe!)

Gundark
Ummm...Bradford...where ?

finti
A tiny, puny little town around Leeds in the UK.

COREWORLD
I see you've been there, then Finti? wink

finti
I actually been there but i didn`t get to look to much around.

Gundark
You going, COREWORLD ?

finti
I got my own thing going. Started off last week and I have now reached ROTJ halfway through. Video is such a great thing. I`ll do the Indiana Jones trilogy next.

Gundark
How can you turn off a SW movie halfway ?????? eek!

COREWORLD
Gundark, as tempting as it is, i think i'll hang on and wait for all six to be complete (12 hours!!!) before i subject my buttocks to the torture, i still have the memory's of seeing the OT in one showing, have they shown them in a quad near you and did you go?
Finti, I have also just rewatched the trilogy on VHS, i had to rebuy the set after selling my Laserdisc copies and funnily enough just purchased the Indy trilogy on Monday to watch this weekend! (Twenty quid for all three movies in widescreen THX! How could i resist!)

Gundark
No, COREWORLD, they haven't done a OT special anywhere around here, although I've had an ear open....I figure I'll just take a pillow along for my bum. smile

finti
What I meant was that with rotj to start I was half way through the sw saga so far.I forgot the comma

queeq
I want the DVD's first. So where are those?

queeq abides

Gundark
At the DVD store, silly. smile

queeq
If you find the SW movies on DVD, let me know.

queeq abides

finti
GL has deceided that SW will not be put out on DVD.

queeq
I know. The bastard. He will wait untill 2006, for the next generation of DVD's. And then he will release all 6 at once.

I wonder why? We'd buy them all, anyway.

queeq abides

COREWORLD
Queeq, the last i heard TPM was slated for a christmas 2001 release, as for the rest of the saga, well your guess is as good as mine. I wish that he would just put the movies out there with not so many extras, (perhaps one side with the original version of the film and the other the special editions.) and then in 2006 release the souped up editions with all the gubbins, after all it hasn't stopped him releasing them on VHS over and over.

queeq
I agree. I just feel GL was not being a pain in the butt on this one. And the TPM one may turn out very good. It is rumoured to contain three versions: 1 animatics version, 1 live action without effects and only blue screens, 1 complete version. And if uncle George will allow us to switch between the three during play, I'll be o so happy.

queeq abides

COREWORLD
You and me both Queeq! GL has released what you might call a compromise by way of SWmessedpecial Editions on VCD, but the drawback is that they are in (the dreaded) pan and scan, i could not go back to those if you paid me!

queeq
laughing out loud
The VCD move is weak, even for a compromise. He might as well have slapped them unto a DVD then. And GL is Mr. Digital... *sigh*

queeq abides

Gundark
You're right, queeq, I forgot George wasn't releasing DVD's in the near future. Maybe he'll wait until he releases ep3 on tape, then do a dvd package of the OT, the PT or a 6 volume set. What do you think ??

queeq
Well so far, there is only talk of a full OT release on DVD in 2006. TPM is supposed to be released next year and the full 6-box set will also have to wait until 2006. But I really hope Flanel-pop changes his mind.

queeq abides

COREWORLD
A short while back there were whisperings about GL working on SW:The Final Editions, which would incorperate footage which has not been seen before and further augment certain SPFX shots (Obi-Wan's dodgy ANH lightsaber and ESB's TaunTauns) If this comes to pass then expect those to be released theatrically first and then a years wait for the DVD's...Er, so that makes it 2007!

Gundark
2007 ???? Mmmmm...COREWORLD did you really have to post THAT ? laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
Heck, they could start working on those right now, I'd say. When they're filming Ep3 these CGI dudes have nothing to do anyway. I'd prefer GL left the tauntauns for what they were and fix that awful Rancor.

queeq abides

COREWORLD
Yeah, VML(Visible Matte Line) I hate it when it does that!smile

Gundark
Yes, the Rancor needed a tune-up. laughing out loud

queeq
Not just VML, the entire sequence sucks. The lighting doesn't match, the stop-motion is always very fluent. Nope, that scene is definately in for some serious touch-up work. They should have done that for the SE I think. I mean, let's face it. ANH deserved a SE I think, but it didn't add much to ESB or ROTJ. I think the new musical sequence is a bit of a waste, the celebrating worlds at the end is great, but that Rancor scene was in dire need of fixing. And they didn't do it... *pout*

queeq abides

COREWORLD
Yeah, the more and more we talk about it, it's looking ever more likely that the OT will recieve a final spit'n polish after the prequels are finished, then GL'll release 'em one a week, to evoke the old 'Republic' feel of the cliffhangers as he originally intended them to be.

queeq
Sw as the ultimate serial? Cool...

queeq abides

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.