Revenge of the Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedimaster3838
Friday I went to a local Lexington theather to see the new movie "Traffic" The movie was pretty good, but thats not the point of this post. On one of the walls they had a very large "Revenge of the Jedi" posters. Man, I was shocked. It was like the coolest thing I had ever seen. My friends tried to talk me out of it, but I went to the manager and asked him how much I could pay for that. He laughed and said it wasn't for sale. I said "your making a big mistake, your throwing away a fortune." He didn't get it. Oh well, if a bunch of Ewoks could defeat a legion of the Empire's best troops, getting that poster shouldn't be too difficult wink

Gundark
JM, let me get this straight....it said REVENGE of the Jedi and not RETURN ????? You must acquire that poster immediately, no matter the cost. Sell everything you own if you have to. I didn't know any were even printed with that title. It's priceless. The moron doesn't know what he has. And as for him not picking up on your line, we'll just make sure he's the next one against the wall when the revolution comes. evil face

Jedimaster3838
I am positive is said "Revenge" cause I stared at it for like 20 minutes, my friends were getting upset that I was just standing there looking at it. I told the manager that there were only a very few of those and he said "duh" I wanted to punch him in the face....but a true Jedi would not resort to such violence smile but who says I can't steal it? Well, the 10 commandments, but for this poster I would do a lot of things that normally I wouldn't even consider. Its red with Luke and Vader holding their sabers against each other. Man, I have to find a way to get that poster. Any ideas?

Dim
Ask them where they got them...I know that there was a few up on Ebay recently..

finti
I was a member of SW fan club in the early 80`s and the original name of the film WAS Revenge of the jedi. I got this member magazine called Bantha Tracks and there were a lot of posters with the name Revenge of the Jedi, but GL change it to Return because Revenge were such a negative word.
I guess people would expect a bloodbath with the title Revenge of the Jedi. And by the way Revenge isn`t the way of a jedi. So Gl would come in a conflict with his own terminology regarding the jedi codes and so on.....

Ratcat
uh, I think that was widely accepted.

finti
What was widely accepted?

Gundark
I think what he's saying finti, is that was common knowledge among the fans. smile I'm sure RC will correct me if I'm wrong there stick out tongue

JM, you must acquire that poster...IT IS YOUR DESTINY. evil face
Find out what the theatre manager is into...drugs, booze, girls...guys...whatever..make a deal, use the mind trick on him, call queeq the hitman...DO IT MAN !!! He probably wouldn't give it to you after you drooled on the floor for 20 minutes looking at it and he had to mop the floor up. Hehehe. laughing out loud Frustrating when your friends can't appreciate your obsession isn't it ?? stick out tongue

theEviljedi
How much do they go for these days?

queeq
Just mail me the address and I'll make himn an offer he can't refuse. Does he keep horses? laughing out loud

It's the red one with Luke fighting Vader with the big Vader head in the background right?

queeq abides

theEviljedi
Is this the one? http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1403804968"]www.sirstevesguide.com/au...1403804968

It's $1000 eek! Now you made me want one.sad

Gundark
Holy cow....JM, this is big stuff now...is it in a locked case or just a frame or what ??? Have you been to this theatre before ? We need more information !!! stick out tongue

Ratcat
As long as it isn't a reproduction.

Gundark
Somebody always has to be a wet blanket....laughing out loud

Jedimaster3838
Thats the one EJ. $1000? I wish I had that much money. I'm just a broke college kid who has $33 in his bank account. Maybe I can trade something for it, but I don't have anything of value, except maybe my car wink

Gundark
and...what are you waiting for ?? laughing out loud laughing out loud

finti
Yeah go and buy it $1000 , its a bargin.smile smile smile

queeq
$1000 for a piece of paper. Well, you can win the SW NUT OF THE MILLENIUM AWARD for that one. laughing out loud

queeq abides

theEviljedi
I want one so much I would even trade my Micheal Jordan autograph ball for one.laughing out loud

queeq
A Michael Jordan autograph....? What does that go for these days?

queeq abides

Dim
I'm broke...so a reproduction would suit me just fine big grin

Gundark
Did you buy the ball already autographed, EJ..or did he sign it in person ? That would be cool. smokin'

finti
Michael Jorden never heard of him.
*finti ties his brand new Nike`s*

Gundark
OOOOOOhhhhhhh, finti busts on EJ. laughing out loud There's an apology for that one in your future, finti !! smokin'

finti
I`m a soccer fan I don`t pay attention to golf or baseball.
laughing out loud

theEviljedi
My uncle got me two autographs from a friend of his who is a secruity guard. I have a autographed ball and an autograph picture.

Jedimaster3838
Soccer? I'll pretend you didn't say that. smile

finti
But I did say it Im a SOCCER(real football) fan!!!!!!!!!!
It rules..

queeq
Baseball? Yes, Jordan did that for a while. Very good, finti, and you said you never heard of him. laughing out loud

queeq abides

UnknownBountyHunter
Ski anyone? smile

Gundark
Ahem, skiing is not the topic here, UBH. laughing out loud laughing out loud

(Gundark slowly pulls out lightsaber) I think we need to hatch a group plan for helping JM acquire this poster without having to give up his car, although I fail to see the significance of a vehicle over this poster. laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
*tosses his hat in the middle of the group*

Donations anyone? For poor EJ...

queeq abides

theEviljedi
Hehe...I think I am going to start collecting the original posters. So far I have an original ANH and an original TPM poster.

Gundark
I have some of my OT posters stored in the attic...only so much wall space, you know. smile

theEviljedi
Oooh,oooh which ones?

JediOasis
I've got a poster from each movie. And I have this poster of Yoda that is really cool. Its a bunch of stils from the OT that from a distance make a perfect outline of Yoda. I REALLY want that "Revenge" poster, but my dad want let me get rid of my car. Oh well, I'll just have to think of something else I own that is worth anything....

finti
Sell your Oasis stuff that should add up to at least $10.laughing out loud

Gundark
Well, EJ, I have a ESB of just Yoda in a frame, but the rest are rolled up in a tube...I'll have to do some digging and get back to ya. smile

queeq
Mine are stored as well. I have the ANH poster with Luke firing his blaster at you, the ROTJ poster and a small ESB poster. But I also have the space battle poster from the ESB LP album. Then there are four small version of TPM posters: Original, teaser, good guys, bad guys. Two of them hang in my office at work (as well as a display of an AT-AT from Force Commander), the good guys is in our bedroom and the bad guys is somewhere in the attic. The small ones are all framed.
But my best item is not from SW. It's a ten feet long banner from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. It's the thing they'd hang outside a cinema theatre. Very cool.

queeq abides

Gundark
That banner sounds totally cool, queeq. Why isn't THAT hanging in your office ?? laughing out loud

queeq
I have plenty of SW stuff on and around my desk. the banner would be a little too much. I'd love to do it though, hehehe. But this is my desk at the office:

SW logo on top of my computer, SW ruler, SW eraser, SW lightsabre pencil, 2 R2-D2 models, an Imperial Guard head, R2-D2 and 3PO mouse mat, TPM teaser poster and official poster (small format) framed on wall, 5 feet high cardboard display of an AT-AT.
Not bad, eh? How about you guys?

queeq abides

finti
Have no room for it at work, we have to use the available space for info on football games and horse races. I sometimes wear sw clothing to work t-shirts sweaters and so on.

queeq
MAKE some room. I did.

queeq abides

theEviljedi
I have that ANH poster,too,queeq.

queeq
It was my first SW poster. I got it when I was 10 or 11.

queeq abides

theEviljedi
Is it original? Mine says 1977 on it but I don't know if it was a reprint.

queeq
No, I don't think it is. It's smaller than a theatre sized poster. But it was my first.
I actually found it in the trash, it was inside a magazine: still attached on the original place, totally untouched and in perfect condition. And then it hung for many years in my room, so it's not perfect anymore, but boy, did I enjoy that thing.

queeq abides

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.