Me No Likie New SW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chica16
i'm sort of disappointed w/ these new ones.... what about u?

yerssot
not really

finti
can never compete with the OT

Catch 22
I love em for what they are.

Julie
I try not to compare the 2 series....I like the new ones but the old ones are justplain classic:-)

Evil Windu
I concur !

DeVi| D0do
As do I.

The Ones
i dont want to compare them becuase its just plain sw. but if i had to then the new ones are so much better than the old ones

DeVi| D0do
Blasphemy!

Nah. I'll just never understand how people can say that... They have such different styles in my opinion. And I prefer the OT style.

Empire is practically a flawless film.

zombieman
All of the prequel trilogy have their saving graces. Ep 1 has the duel of fates, darth maul and guigon-gin. Ep 2 has jango fett, a good battle with the jedi at the end, count duku etc and ep3 has plenty of great action sequences. However, unless you a die hard fan they are nothing special and have many detrimental faults.

EHmasterJedi
OT will always have a better feel

The New History
Originally posted by zombieman
All of the prequel trilogy have their saving graces. Ep 1 has the duel of fates, darth maul and guigon-gin. Ep 2 has jango fett, a good battle with the jedi at the end, count duku etc and ep3 has plenty of great action sequences. However, unless you a die hard fan they are nothing special and have many detrimental faults. Lets not even get into the "True Fan" discussion sick

The Ones
i think the reason i like PT better is because it was the 1st one i saw. then i saw OT and i thought. "this is shit compared to PT effects wise" but the story was great. thats what saved it. all of them have there bits. PT and OT both had great storys but PT was better with effects to be able to tell those storys. and i dont even want to talk about jabba in ROTJ

Darth Travizzle
Ya, the new series is cool and all, but the old series is WAY better.

Darth Subjekt
the only one that even comes CLOSE to comparing to anything of the OT, is ROTS. Its more watchable, but the OT is just better, plain and simple. And frankly im sick of all these "new" fans saying the PT is better just because it has CGI and faster lightsaber battles.....thats not what make a movie great. Thats what makes a movie LOOK GOOD (well partailly) but the story, actors, and overall demeanor of the movie is what makes it great. And im sorry, but as good as the PT is, it just CAN NOT compare to the OT. There's more emotion in all of the OT, rather than the PT where all the emotion is in ROTS. See this is where it gets tricky...id rather watch ROTS (mainly cause it new and i love Anakins character) but its not better than Ep 4, 5 , or 6.

newjak86
I don't know i have seen OT first but if you wanna know the truth I think they are all good. The problem with E1 and E2 was that I think you had to watch ROTS to really enjoy them from a story standpoint. Plus after watching E 1 2 and 3 I got alot better feeling about the OT. It just added to the stroy and really brought the character alive more especially the endiny in ROTJ when Vader turns good. I think that is what GL wanted to do and succeded.

DarkYoda
This last one saved the PT for me. Though it needed to be longer. glare

You can have all of the effects in the world, but if the story isn't as good what's the point?

matreid
There great movies but are not the classics for sure!

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by The Ones
i dont want to compare them becuase its just plain sw. but if i had to then the new ones are so much better than the old ones
I respect your opinion. But it still sucks. The OT was so much better.

Darth_Rankkor
I think both Tri are good. They are just different. Can't compare one to another. Plus, different times. 1977 - 2005

The Ones
ESB wasnt a fan favourite when it came out but here we are 20 odd years down the line and people are saying its "the best one". i bet a few years from now ROTS will be the best in everyones mind. (it is for me) and it will be a "classic" and the story in the PT is great. PT owns the OT's ass

Cybervader
i had always thought that ep 1 and 2 were not bad until i read up stuffs and hear ppl saying that they were not that good or worth calling epic films.And i did not really find jar-jar irritating,but only after i hear star wars fans hating him that i realise he was so.Only then i began to appreciate chewwy better.

But upon watchin ep 1 again, i really feel it is rather poorly wriiten,and it becomes rather boring,except for scenes that makes viewers allude back to the OT..C3PO,R2D2,Obi-wan,yoda,anakin,tatooine..etc.Other than that the gungans are really redundant.Ep 2 is alright.Ep 3 needless to say..OT all's great except beggining of ep 6,the jabba insights scenes were all too draggy dun u guys think? big grin

Darth_Rankkor
I think you can't compare Chewie with jar jar fuc**** moron" binks... now if you were to compare, I would say that ewoks could be the ones compared laughing

idiot_1185
actually if you guys had not noticed these films connect to each other such as episode one connects to episode 4 and episode 2 connects to episode 5 and episode 3 connects to episode 6.

in episode one you meet a young anakin skywalker who has no knowledge of the force and starts to be mentored by a jedi, qui gon, who dies in the film. The same thing happens to luke skywalker and obi wan dies. In episode one anakin destroys the droid ship with two torpedoes to the main reactor and luke destroys the death star with two torpedoes to the main reactor.

In episode two, both anakin and luke begin to realize their power and must save their friends..

in episode 3 they both are jedis and luke and anakin must choose if they are going to be good or evil.. if lucas would have made the episodes in order then you would actually think it was possible for luke to go evil.. Throughout episodes 3 and 6 there is a lot of shadowing on half of anakins and lukes face to show the conflict within.

so really both trilogies are great and personally i like the new ones better because there is more action. And no matter how many times that you watch the ending of episode 3, you will always feel the same emoitions that you do the first time you watched it.

Dresta
because of episodes 1 and 2 the PT will never be as good as OT but ROTS lives up to OT even if the first two didn't. also even the first two episodes had their moments

queeq
I always loved ESB... and I always fill. It's perfect!

Yup, the PT had its moments, although I did like ROTS. But moments and effects don't make a good film. They make a good videogame maybe...

viking12344
I think the PT is spades better than the OT and I did see them back in the day. I was eight when I saw ANH in the theaters and was hooked ever since.
Say what you may and all special effects aside.
The acting was better in the PT, the stories much deeper and the characters more believable.
IMO of course.
Also IMO, the acting was B movie qualiity in ANH even for Ford. He was good in esb and roj. Hamill and Fisher made jar jar look good.

jabbar
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
the only one that even comes CLOSE to comparing to anything of the OT, is ROTS. Its more watchable, but the OT is just better...
See this is where it gets tricky...id rather watch ROTS (mainly cause it new and i love Anakins character) but its not better than Ep 4, 5 , or 6.

Confused, I am. Makes no sense, your argument does.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
the only one that even comes CLOSE to comparing to anything of the OT, is ROTS. Its more watchable, but the OT is just better, plain and simple. And frankly im sick of all these "new" fans saying the PT is better just because it has CGI and faster lightsaber battles.....thats not what make a movie great. Thats what makes a movie LOOK GOOD (well partailly) but the story, actors, and overall demeanor of the movie is what makes it great. And im sorry, but as good as the PT is, it just CAN NOT compare to the OT. There's more emotion in all of the OT, rather than the PT where all the emotion is in ROTS. See this is where it gets tricky...id rather watch ROTS (mainly cause it new and i love Anakins character) but its not better than Ep 4, 5 , or 6.

I disagree, I dislike ANH, its my least fav of all the films by far. ROTJ is my fav of the 6, but ROTS was pretty close. I try not to look at them as the OT and the PT but as SW, as a whole. It is, after all one story. and frankly splitting them apart is useless and undermines what Lucas intended to do. he didnt make I, II, and III to try to "top" IV, V, and VI. he made them to enhance the story. 1, 2, and 3 add hugely to 4, 5, and 6. comparing them to each other is pointless since its all the same story.

Swanky-Tuna
I think part of the reason why so many people don't like episode 1 and 2 so much is because they didn't include as much fan service as episode 3.

ccoo
I have yet to hate a Star Wars movie, but I do think the OT is much better. I think ESB & ANH are true classics. Then ROTJ & ROTS are in the next range of movies, that are great Star Wars movies, but I can find a couple faults within the movies. Then you have AOTC & TPM, they are very good Star Wars movies, but I find many faults in them. When I get ROTS on DVD, I will begin to watch them in numerical order beginning with Episode I, and then watch them again in order for the rest of my life. I love Star Wars, but after assessing the prequels now, with the exception of ROTS, they were not as great as I expected. But then again, didn't we all expect way too much!

obi-wan geynobi
the new trilogy looks cool and it has nicespecial efects but the OT will always have a better feeling

queeq
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I think part of the reason why so many people don't like episode 1 and 2 so much is because they didn't include as much fan service as episode 3.

I watched TPM with my 5 year old son lately. I had to read all the subtitles to him and I was amazed how boring it is. Not for him, his first SW, but I doubt he got all that crap about treaties, senate babbling, vote of no-confidence, new chancellor etc. He just wanted to see Maul chopped in half...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.