who likes Viggo Mortensen???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aragorniscool45
i love viggo. but he looks better in LOTR

duredhil
he was so good in LOTR
i like him also in another films ex:Perfect Murder? roll eyes (sarcastic)

turin
he plays the role pretty well, but he isnt at all how i imagined aragorn from the books

undomiel
I think he is awsome! smile

Captain REX
He is an excellent actor. smile

undomiel
I know he is one of the best Ive seen

Arwen Undomiell
I like him as Aragorn at LOTR. But at real life he isn't so handsome to me yes yes big grin

LilySatine
He's alright. I liked his character in both LOtR and 28 Days. smile

Arwen Undomiell
Could you tell me about what was that movie "28 days"? smile smile

Nefertite
Viggo is just like Aragorn. I can't imagine another actor instead of him. roll eyes (sarcastic) yes bunny

Nefertite
I've heard somewhere that Viggo Mortensen plays only bad guys because of it they didn't really want to give him Aragorn's role. But they did and they didn't do mistake! big grin

This is the photo from 28days. I don't know what's Viggo role there.roll eyes (sarcastic) I know that Sandra Bullock plays inebriate or something like that. I don't really know that too. laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic)

By the way, Arwen Undomiell, I agree, Viggo looks better as Aragorn then in real life. I hope he don't know this forum. Ha ha ha... wink

Dark_Queen
lol,yeah id have to say he looks better in the LOTR movies-i think he does suit aragorn

undomiel
I think he was perfect for Aragorn
like if they would have kept Stuart Townsend as Aragorn I wouldnt like him as much

Nefertite
Him?

Nefertite
This forum doesn't forgive mistakes. Stuart Townsend:

undomiel
ya Viggo Mortensen is MUCH better

Dark_Queen
viggo looks especially good on the teaser poster 4 return of the kingsmile
i dont like the look of that stuart towsend guy...

Dark_Queen
here it is for your viewing pleasure..i hope its not too small

Seraph
i think viggo will be an extraordinary and very cool and powerfull king.

undomiel
he looks so good in that picture

Arwen Undomiell
He loks good here too big grin cool smile wink

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/new_line_cinema/the_lord_of_the_rings__the_return_of_the_king/viggo_mortensen/king.jpg

He looks brave wink

Arwen Undomiell
He played in Queen of the Damned. He wouldn't be Aragorn we want to see big grin smile wink

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/queen_of_the_damned/_group_photos/aaliyah2.jpg

I can't understand how Peter Jackson wanted to do he as Aragor wink

Dark_Queen
nice aragorn pic arwen! he does look kinglywink

Nefertite
Ya! Viggo looks much better than Stuart ...???... whatever roll eyes (sarcastic)

undomiel
what?

BOPRecruit 16
viggo is a great actor and perfect for the role as aragorn. it's wonderful that he gets so in touch with the character. taking in all that sword training and battling. i admire him for taking on his own stunts. i recently found out that he paints and writes poetry. that's so cool! i can draw, but not paint. painting is too messy and i keep making mistakes. i need to go back to art school if i want to do that. a friend of mine writes poetry. who good is viggo's poetry? plus, i'd like to know what other movies he's going to work on after lotr. please notify me or something.

battosai yuriko

http://www.ringfaq.com/img/ttt_aragorn.jpg

as aragorn

undomiel
he is in a new movie for disney cald "Hildago"

mina.harker
yeh. viggo as aragorn i way better than in real life, and even better that stuart townsend??? and that hildago film looks quite good

Nefertite
Well, Hildago doesn't sound good for me because I have no idea what does it mean! Who knows tell me confused

chica16
aragorn is my fav character in the book.... but my 2nd fav in the movie cause orlando bloom's so hot... i can't imagine anybody else being aragorn it would be weird... yay i liike the pic of him in ROTK w/ narsil

P-NuT
Viggo was a great choice for the LOTR movies.

He will get even better.

muse5
OMG... did anyone see him in 'a walk on the moon' drool central, i thought he was kinda hot before i saw that movie, now everytime i watch lotr, which is alot, i'm mesmorized

Nefertite
It's pitty that I didn't seen any other movie with him roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dark_Queen
come to think of it,the only movie that i recongised viggo in before LOTR was in a perfect murdersmile(with Gweneth Paltrow & Michael Douglas). ive never seen any other movie with him in it unfortuantely!!

Dark_Queen
ah well,at least i have some nice pics of himwink

aragorniscool45
I LOVE THAT PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! love

undomiel
is that from ROTK?

aragorniscool45
yes

chica16
yay i'm so excited for ROTK!

undomiel
me too!

ELSA
I think Viggo is gorgeous both in the films and in real life - has anyone watched " a walk on the moon" , he does look very lovely in 28 days to! I think Stuart Townsend is really ugly. What happened with Viggo being chosen for the role of Aragorn is: the director saw some clips from other films he has done and decided he was the right man for the role. Just incase anyone wanted to know I am writing my own guide to Lord od the rings - places, races, characters and actors etc.

ELSA
evil face viggo played the devil in a film called "the prophecy" for whoeva wants to know and by the way e did all the art work you see in his loft place in "a perfect murder" and his poetry is really good

undomiel
well Stuart Townsend had already begun filming when they realized he was too young for the role
so then somebody suggested Viggo Mortensen

Eamane
He looks better in LOTR than in real life!!! He is an excelent actor and I believe he will be better in ROTK than in the previous... He is very good in the picture of the 3rd film. smile

chica16
heeh i'm so excited1!!!!!!!

BlasterE117
Yeah I like Viggo a lot, and I think he has a lot of potential to become a great actor.

undomiel
he already is a great actor

ewforeva
My friend said that her dad thinks he is going to be like the next Harison Ford. laughing out loud

Arwen Undomiell
Viggo doesn't need to be the next Harison Ford. yes yes

elenisil
Viggo IS Aragorn, exactly as I pictured the Ranger/King in my mind when I first read the books long ago.

And the man is an excellent actor, long overlooked, perhaps because he refuses to play the hollywood game.

As for Hidalgo it's about Frank T Hopkins, a pony express rider and legendary endurance race winner who along with his mustang Hidalgo are invited to enter the Ocean of Fire a 3000 mile endurance race in the Sahara Desert, pitted against the finest Egyptian Arabian horses and the elements the mustang and Hopkins manage to win the race. It looks to be custom made for Viggo given his equestrian and swordplay skills.

Elen

Arwen Undomiell
It looks like a good movie smile wink

ChinaNiki
Filmography:
Witness, Salvation, Fresh Horses, Prison, Tripwire, Young Guns II, Leatherface:Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3, The Reflecting Skin, The Indian Runner, Ruby Cairo, Carlito's Way, The Young Americans, Boiling Point, Floundering, The Crew, American Yakuza, Crimson Tide, The Passion of Darkly Noon, The Prophecy, Daylight, Albino Alligator, The Portrait of a Lady, La Pistola De Mi Hermano, G. I. Jane, Vanishing Point, A Perfect Murder, Psycho, A Walk on the Moon, 28 Days, LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring, LOTR: The Two Towers, and coming soon Hildalgo and LOTR: The Return of the King. The first movie came out in 1985.

cgtuna21
viggo mortensen is such a badass in lotr but i havent seen ne other movies hes played in but when i saw him in fellowship of the ring and two towers, what could i say hes a big pimp.

Nefertite
So many movies! I don't know, I think I have seen Viggo only in LotR. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nefertite
Such a huge picture for you! rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

ChinaNiki
He was the Mastercheif in G.I. Jane. Did you see that?

muse5
i saw the trailer for hidalgo when i saw pirates of the caribbean( GOD orlando bloom is hot) its a true story about this horserider that goes in this race across the arabian desert... looks good, viggo looks pretty hot in it as usual yes wacko

muse5
don't mind me, disregard my description of hidalgo, elenisil's is alot better, i didn't see that... the trailer looked good tho, hopefully the rotk trailer will be with that movie

Aragorn#1
Happy Dance eek! love He Is Fine Fine FINE love eek! Happy Dance

But I must agree with Arwen Undomiell and Nefertite He looks his best

as Aragorn, that other guy who was suppose to play Aragorn is a

LOSER!! geek

badkittykitty
he was real yummy in the prophecy

silvabullet
The Next Harrison ford? Is just as old as him already, Viggo is in his forties and his acting career hasn't been good to him until he played Aragorn in LOTR. He really wasn't interested at first, but his son talked him into it. He says he thinks his acting career is coming to an end as it doesn't interest him as much as other things such as his son and hobbies he likes to do like play music ( i think Jazz) Yea I read all about him.

chica16
i liked viggo in g.i. jane he kicked hte crap out of demi moore hahahahahhahaha

BOPRecruit 16
here's viggo in "a perfect murder"

http://www.couleurnewyork.com/photosfilms/meurtre2.jpg

i have a link of what movie he's going to do next, let me know if you want it posted!

http://www.film.warka.pl/images/scott/jane.jpg

what movie is he in here?

http://www.houseoftelcontar.com/images/quotes/weathertop.jpg

here's a nice one of him battling the ring wraiths in lotr. i had a better, bigger, and different picture of him battling those guys somewhere in another lotr thread.

Daragon
I really like him and as Aragorn he's fantastic!!! yes

Aragorn#1
Yes he is happy

hpxmenlotrnerd
i wanna c him in his new movie hidalgo!! big grin

silvabullet
That new pic of the new movie Viggo is doing looks like he plays a U.S. Navy sEAL.

pinksuezo
i usually refuse to comment on other males, but i do admire viggo.
hes been described as calm and centered, very dedicated to his work, he got into swordfighting when he was in training, he sed he was into going out to the countryside and he seems like a loner.
he was also opposed to war for oil.
all in all, he seems like a pretty cool dude.

BOPRecruit 16
silva, are you serious? i didn't know that was from his new movie, i thought it was an old one. want this link i found of news of his upcoming movie after rings?

chica16
i thought that pic was from g.i. jane

Verity
Viggo is the best Aragorn!!!!.....He was destined to play the part! Look at the way he got the role!! I'm so glad they didn't keep Stewart Townsend as Aragorn!smile

BOPRecruit 16
yeah, that's what i've been saying. can't wait to see his other movies after lotr.

pinksuezo
verity howd he get the role?

Verity
He got it in a matter of two days...Stewart Townsend wasn't fitting w what PJ wanted for the character, cuz according to PJ, there were"conflicts of interest" concerning how the character should be portrayed... sad So PJ called Viggo immediately...he was his first choice after Stewart, and didn't audition him or get his pic, like they usually do...Viggo gave it some thought, because he wasn't familiar w the books, but his son is a big LOTR fan! So his kid said"go for it!".Two hours later he called PJ bk to accept, and he was on a plane to NZ almost immediately!smile...Guess we gotta thank the little guy,huh? stick out tongue

billyboyd4ever
yea!!! go viggo's son!!!! heheh we owe a ton to that little kid

BOPRecruit 16
yup. didn't something like that happen when richard harris was being casted for the role of dumbledore before the first harry potter movie?

undomiel
im so glad Viggo Mortensen was Aragorn instead of Stuart townsend

aragorniscool45
ME TOO smile

Verity
He looks older in person, but still veeeeeery HOT!!!! I love his bedroom voicehttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/inlove.gif

obquiet
I'm also very glad that Viggo got the part as Aragorn. I've only seen him in LOTR.I only like him as Aragorn, He looks a lot better in LOTR than in real life and his other movies.

le_mellon
When LOtR was first shown, I fell for Aragorn immediately. It must be that charismatic look that he has.

Viggo is very much suited for the role of Aragorn (IMO) and I'm glad that he was picked to play the part.

My sister gave me something of his that I'll always treasure. She lives in Wellington, New Zealand and sometime end of last year, I think, they had a book review of Viggo's. She bought his book, Coincidence of Memory, and had him autographed it for me (in my name) ! And she gave it to me when I visited her this year. That was the best post-Christmas gift I've ever had.

Although, I'm not really an art person, his poems and photographs are really quite good.

I've seen some of his other movies. His looks are versatile that he's not that recognisable in each and every one of them.

katie1989
I think he is a fantastic actor, of course it helps like he looks like a hero, he would be the perfect knight in shining armour type thing.
You are sooooo lucky to get his autograph i would do anything to meet him and his photos are very good.

BOPRecruit 16
it's amazing how much work viggo devoted to his movie. he did pretty much all his stunts and fighting. amazing the dedication. can't wait to see what other movie offers he gets in the future and what his next movies are.

Seraph
i really like viggo and im looking forward to see him as king of gondor.

katie1989
I read somink bout him actually going out into the wild for a bit to get into character

BOPRecruit 16
i read somewhere that viggo is a painter and writes poetry. i wonder if he got the painting hobby from when he was in "the perfecr murder."

CaptainInsano
Bobrecruit I know what you mean but viggo isn't the only one who devoted time to lotrs...pretty much everyone from new zealand pitched in and everyone who worked on it pitched ina great deal.

fini
yeah he was good in the movie...........cant remember when last i saw someone look so good with facial hair.......lol........he actually looks better than when he's clean shaven

BOPRecruit 16
geez! i'm not that stupid! i know everyone did pitch in! sheez! since this place is about viggo, i refered to him.

katie1989
He looks damn fine with his beard!!! They should have a thread just for his facial hair! big grin

fini
lol........now thats going to far.....its like getting a thread for legolas ear's...............oops those legolas freaks might hear me

BOPRecruit 16
yeah, those kind of threads are annoying. people are freaking out about the harry potter characters' hair for crying out loud! who freakin' care?!

billyboyd4ever
hahaha yea....ok back to viggo
i wanna see hidalgo on the 1st day!!! he looks good in that too...but not as good as in LOTR

BOPRecruit 16
i read about that, isn't it that western story?

katie1989
yeah, i saw the trailer, looks like a cowboy thing.... oh i was only kidding bout the hair lol

BOPRecruit 16
desribe the trailer or can you post pix from it?

must_kill_Santa
i like him but i love Orlando Bloom

BOPRecruit 16
mks: have you seen the orli/legolas threads?

any more viggo pix?

Obsession
I'm in love with Viggo. He's the best. He's a little better looking in LOTR. But, he's good looking in some pix. He's good in 28 days too. Viggo is SSOO hott.

BOPRecruit 16
what was viggo's next movie after rings?

Exa
I think Viggo is far better than Orli...

and he plays exactely as i thought Aragorn should

Next film will be Hidalgo

Syren
who played strider? i asked the other day and i was told it was viggo.

Exa
Yeah exactly wink
Strider, Aragorn, Elessar, however you call him big grin

Hypernova
smile He is known in ME under alot of names/identity!

Exa
... yes, of course, he had a lot of time to invent names stick out tongue he's even some years older than Boromir's mother!!!

He fought for Denethors father big grin big grin

Well but everybody looks a bit too young in the film... I mean, Frodo should be 51 and Aragorn 87 years old big grin big grin

ROTK_Rocks
I saw both movies (LOTR and TTT) before i read the books, and i personally couldn't have dreamed of anybody else playing the roll of aragorn than Viggo.. EXCELLENT actor.....

Hypernova
I know this is a Viggo thread, but, I couldn't see anyone else playing Legolas. I saw OB as Legolas and though OMG that IS Legolas!!

BOPRecruit 16
same here, couldn't picture anyone else playing the lotr cast.

muse5
same with me... all of the actors look the part... i've seen pictures of the other guy that was supposed to play aragorn... didn't work

Exa
Ah yes far too young.

Yet I think it wasnt fair that he didnt get paid anything when he'd already learned most of the dialogues and so on...

fini
argh how did the orli freaks post here........?????????

aragorniscool45
i cant wait until viggo's next movie comes out.

muse5
oooh, same, i saw a trailer for it when i saw PoTC, i freaked out, i haven't seen one since though... very sad... sad
don't forget to mention he fought for theoden's father too... pretty hot for an 87 year old

Aragorn#1
I totaly agree!! HE WAS SO AWSOME!!! OOO SEXY (as Aragorn) sorry got carried away

BingaBonga
Viggo Mortensen is like my fav. actor ever. He does an awesome job with the role of Aragorn. He is laid back, courageous, strong, and HOT love, just like i expected. He was awesome and i can't wait for rotk, so yeah he's an awesome actor and I also can't wait to see him in Hidalgo which comes out 3/7/04, i think, correct me if i'm wrong.... so go viggo!

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

aniron
I love viggo, he is such an incredible artist, i have seen a lot of his wonderful work.

He was learning his lines pretty much as he went along and bearly got much sword lessons because he was casted late and look at his amazing job.

three cheers for viggo beer

Arwenishott
viggo is a great actor.......i also cant wait to see him in hidalgo

BingaBonga
The best thing about him is that like he's not one of those big headed actors who thinks that he lives above everything and people should bow down to him, he's really a laid back guy and i think that that's really cool

I read somewhere that one guy at an art exbit said to him don't u have enough money already? Why do u come in here and show art when your a big movie star and he like told the guy i consider myself a regular person with a passion for art, i thought that was really cool.

nazgulinthedark
yeah, he's a great actor - but the ringwraiths will always be better! eek!

Hypernova
He seems to take his craft very seriously, which is good I suppose.

I think he did play Aragorn well. I found it amazing (in the TTT trailers) the changes he goes through in ROTK. Cool! thumb up

lordAragon_2003
ARAGON IS DA BEST CHARACTER HE TAKES HIS ROLE VERY SERIOUSLY HE MAKES ME THINK THAT IS HIS REAL IDENTITY AND NOT TO OFFEND ANY1 OUT THERE BUT HE WOULD SO BEAT LEGOLAS IN A FIGHT

~fuoco~
yeah, i fancy him, he's a cool guy! i luv his smile love especailly as aragorn... it melts me

johnnys#1 fan
I love Aragorn he's soo hott! he is awsome at playing the role of Aragorn I can't wait to see him as king in the return of the king!!!!! he will be the sexiest king ever!! love

Obsession
I LOVE Viggo. He's a great actor. He did really good in LotR. Anyone eve seen him in ex:Perfect Murder? Or Prision?

~fuoco~
unless jack became a king...

johnnys#1 fan
love

Hypernova
This is a nice one... big grin

BingaBonga
*sighs* happy It's really nice because i just got back from camping and i found these wonderful pics and comments, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, lol.... Also.... Only 3 more days till his b-day, he's going to turn 45, but truthfully i think he looks like 30 in real life.

http://viggophile.com/images/az/az32.jpg

BingaBonga
speaking of him, it is confermed that the scene of arwen and aragorn's wedding scene was definately filmed, i'm mad, that is one thing that i wouldn't mind the movie screwed up... oh well.... mad sad

Anyway...... i can't wait to see him in hidalgo, i luv him in a cowboy hat! *drools* whistle love love love happy Happy Dance

OrliNElijahsGrl
Oh really?! the arwen/aragorn wedding was filmed?!!! AWESOME! Ive been reading that they got married <---hehe just in case
YES!! Horray! what a wonderful scene that will be!!!!!!! Ill be all happy! Because i love the whole arwen/aragorn relationship, its beautiful and very sweet, to have a immortal elf and a mortal man be in love, the things you would think would never be possible, its too cute!

I thought it would be cute if there was a arwen/legolas pairing, but unfortuntly it wont happen, but i still thought itd be adorable! *sighs*

WAY TO GO ARAGORN AND ARWEN!

And by the way, i too fancy viggo aka Aragorn! hes soooooooo hot! THAT SMILE! THAT COURAGE! THAT..BOD...THAT...holy mother..someone hold me up...the man is drentched with hotness!

BingaBonga
yeah, it least there is a wedding with him in it, it should be really beautiful... *keeps on daydreaming....*

BingaBonga
Happy B-day Viggo!!!!!!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/happybday.gif

Woot!!!

orlisgrl15
happy 45th birthday Viggo!!! happy

BingaBonga
Even though he's 45 he looks like he's like 30 or somethin!!!!

Lord_Andres
he looks just like our old teacher

BingaBonga
by "old" do u mean a teacher that you used to have, or do you mean a teacher that is old, because if that's the case thanks for insulting the actor that admire so much. sad

Lord_Andres
he's 23 or maybe 24 now

BingaBonga
okay, lol, wahoo, he is so hot... Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

~fuoco~
umm, EXCUSE ME?! Viggo's 45?! WOT!! I thort he was like 37. or summat... AHH!! the age gap between us!!! sad

BingaBonga
who cares?!?!? he's like a god, he doesn't grow old just sexy... well i don't know if god's do that, but oh well! stick out tongue

BingaBonga
he's 31 years older than me and i still luv him!

VampirePrincess
Viggo fan as well. I love his work as well. I seen him in many films. Awww he is so hot as well. *smiles*

BingaBonga
ooooooooo..... have u seen indian runner? VampirePrincess

~fuoco~
meh... i'm watchin LOTR:TTT... i'm really startin to like aragorn embarrasment...

juliemac
bunny Aragorn is great! he is my favorite character in L.O.T.R.! I can't wait to see Hidalgo!

juliemac
" Bloody Pirates"
"Welcome to the Caribbean love"
"It's bad luck to have a woman on board"
"I can avoid being seen if I wish but to disapear intirely that is a rare gift"
"The closer you are to danger the farther away you are from harm."
"Fool of a Took! Throw yourself in next time & rid us of your stupidity!"

hobbit_lover
omg!! viggo does an awsome job as Aragorn!!!! he is sooooo talented and sooooo hott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh he is my favourite in the book also!!! i can't wait till hes king in the last one! heres a good song from the lion king "oh I just can't wait ill hes king" well I changed the words abit!!

hobbit_lover
ya me too!!! hes sooo hott AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

~fuoco~
WOW!! Aragorn is really really hott... love especially when he's fighting and get's all sweaty... or when he's in comand... so forceful embarrasment

~fuoco~
what i would do to be Liv for just that moment she kissed him embarrasment

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>