quercks about the films

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

turin
i loved both films, they are my two favorite, but there are things in both that kind of bug me. first off, at helm's deep, just before the battle starts aragorn tells the elves to show no mercy, well this bugs the crap out of me, elves have been fighting orcs since before man even existed so i dont think they need the reminder. its kind of funny it bugs me so much, but is there any parts of the movies like that for all of you?

Dexx
*cough*gunpowder*cough*

turin
here is another one that erks me. In fellowship when they are in Moria and PJ decides to add a second bridge scene where they have to jump across the hole in the stairs then it breaks, yada yada. i could have done without that in the film.

chica16
i didn't even think the elves were supposed to be at helm's deep cause they were off fighting a war of their own or something

turin
well during the war of the ring each elven home was attacked for the purpose of preventing them from aiding any one else, but i am sure PJ wont go over that in the films.

Captain REX
I don't remember Rivendell being attacked. The Galadhrim and the Mirkwood Elves were attacked, I remember.

brookealicious6
hahahaha...i noticed that a car drives by in one of teh first scenes in Fellowship of the Rings! hahahahahaha...you know when sam and frodo are walking through the fields and stuff.

Metroplex
I have the DVD. A firend pointed that out for me but i never seem to spot it.

Metroplex
I also thought that it was really stupid with the gunpowder. I was laughing so loud when i saw that. It looked like the orc was caryying an Olympic torch and hes running while others are cheering him on.

Ushgarak
"Show no mercy" is simply a war cry, it's not meant to have any historical implication! It's the sort of thing the Elves would say themselves so Aragorn can say it to them as well.

I rather liked the collapsing bridge scene.

Fire
yea well actualy it was a stairway and it was done awesomely well
and I liked the elves at helmsdeep

LilySatine
Overall, I believe these scenes all linked together and made the movie run smoothly. smile

turin
well "show no mercy" i didnt mean that it was meant as refrence to olden days, just imagine you get in a fight with someone that you have had a history of fighting with and just before they throw a punch at you someone yells at you hey put up your fists, well no kidding. To me it just sounds like aragorn is talking to a bunch of youngsters in there first battle. seems wierd to me. and the colapsing stairway thing would have been better if frodo and aragorn werent stuck on it as it is going down then they lean a certain way which sways the stone then it lines up and kind of drops them off on the otherside just before it comes crashing down, just a little cheesey in my opinion.

turin
captain rex, wasnt rivendale attacked to by orcs from the misty mountains. I could be wrong but i thought that two groups came out of the misty mountains, one attacked rivendale and one was supposed to lay waste to rohan but they ran into the ents. I will have to remember to look that one up.

Sifer
There is no bloody car in Fellowship of the Rings. You're all trippin' smile

Also, Aragorn grew up with the Elves remember, so he thinks like they do in sense...so he is definately gonna say things what are said by them smile

turin
i've looked and looked and never seen a car. Back to the whole show no mercy thing, i guess i'm not doing a very good job of making my point and also that i am the only one that is buged by it. all i am saying is that in my opinion when he says it, it sounds like to me that he is talking to people who have never been in battle or someone who knows nothing about orcs. just a funny little thing that bugs the crap out of me.

chica16
i also think they messed faramir up... he didn't act like he was supposed to i didn't think

turin
ya, i was disappointed in faramir to, but i guess he redeamed himself in the end. I guess PJ wanted it to seem more of a struggle for faramir.

ilvorlandobloom
yeah, i was mad about how they made Faramir too...I like him a lot better in the books.
and turin i can understand how that show no mercy thing bugs u...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.