figure out these elvish phrases

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gabby077
these are really hard. You must know elvish to answer them. Some of them i will make easy though. here goes nothing.

1) vanimle sila tiri

2) lasta lalaithamin

3) lissenen ar' maska'lalaith tenna' lye omentuva

4) mellon

5) Rhun

6) Taur'Ohtar

7) Elendili

8) Peredhil

9) Tarion

10) Narquelie

11) mor

see if u can answer those. hehehe

turin
4) friend
5) sea
8) little people?
11) black

thata about all i can guess at

Metroplex
7) Elendil??

Fire
8) has something to do with warrior

glenn
4=friend
8=little people

thats all i can guess

Fire
okie sorry my bad I read something else in 8 sorry

Rin

Hypernova

Rin
Yes, it is...

I answered you question, but that answer seems so trite.

Rin
Yes, it is...

I answered your question, but that answer seems so trite.

claidisa_felton
what about
'dolen nad gwaith im soga i sereg vin adain'?
smile

Exa
I'm not really sure about the sentence because I don't really understand the grammar and don't know if the words are lenited or not

I think it means something like
"Hidden in the shadows, I drink the blood of men"

But there must be something wrong with my translation, for example I translated "im soga" word by word while "I drink" in Sindarin would be "sogon"

Nad gwaith cant be related to each other because then it should be mutated to nan'waith, na'waith or something similar;

Vin looks like a form of vin but I cant really associate it to any word I know

And in the plural of adan, the first a should be mutated to e so adain must come from an other word, not adan... and I have no idea which word

bLooMiLiCioUs
how do you guys KNOW all this!!!tell me!!!!!!!eek!

Exa
We inform us about it wink wink

bLooMiLiCioUs
laughing
*runs to join the ppl who are referred to as "us"*

Exa
big grin big grin
Hm, good question, who is "us"?

Sorry I just noticed a spelling mistake in my upper post can't edit anymore - of course I mean vin could be a form of min or bin, min like fx "one", "our", "between" and "roads" :P

bLooMiLiCioUs
us??LOTR obsessors maybe?happylike mebig grin

Exa
Maybe

However, could anybody tell me what it really means?!?

claidisa_felton
you people are scaring me. i just found it off quizilla. sad according to them it means 'hidden in shadows i drink the blood of men' but i dunno. jeeeeez chill out hahahahahahha. sorrry. evil face

bLooMiLiCioUs
OH MY GOD WHERE DID YOU GET THAT PICTURE???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*hyperventilates n goes into a dead faint*

claidisa_felton
DOESNT THE PIC ROCK??? i got it off sum website. like i said. if you ever need a good lotr slash or humour website, just ask me.
P.S. RotK IS OUT IN 9 DAYS!!! OH MY GOD!! *HYPERVENTILATING*

Exa
Strange that must be wrong cuz thats exactly what i translated so it must be incorrect

hey ppl would you mind coming back to topic?

Rin
::sighs::

I know you people "LUURVE" Orlando Bloom.. but this is getting out of hand.. What with this "hyperventalation" at the mere sight of him..

Right. You all hate me now.

Now, the topic.. Where is the original starter of this thread? They're GONE! So.. we will have no answers to the actual translations of the words.. Only my and other peoples' amateur (mine, anyway) attempts to speak Elvish. Damn Tolkienites.

Exa
Very nice, no answers...

Tolkienite? Nice word...
does anyone else have some sindarin phrases?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.