Favorite books

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediOasis
I love to read EU books, some of my favs are the NJO series, but I like to read others as well. My favorite author is Michael Crichton, I love Timline(all time favorite book), Jurassic Park, the Lost World, Sphere, Congo. I like some of John Grishm's stuff(ie The Street Lawyer) and of course "Getting High" the story of Oasis....smile

theEviljedi
I like Sir Author Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes books, Star Wars books,of course,and stories like Where the Red Fern Grows.

Jonce
Lord of the Rings, War of the Worlds (needs a new movie), The Time Machine, Star Trek: The Captains Daughter and Star Trek TNG: Imdazi

As for Star Wars novels, Shadows of the Empire and the current NJO series.

finti
There is a movie to war of the worlds came in the late 70`s

Gundark
I think he means an updated version, finti, but the classic World of the Worlds you're thinking of came out in 1953. But its still cool to watch today. smokin'

I of course read all the SW books (still collecting EU). My other favs are "Watership Down" by Richard Adams, and if you're never read "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" by Richard Bach, it is interesting in that some of the content could be compared with jedi's using the force. You'll just have to form your opinion of it, but thats some of what I got out of it. I also absolutely love "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" Books. I think they are hilarious. smile

Jonce
The novel of Wars of the Worlds the Martians used huge tripods to attack Earth. Back in the 50's the tripod effect would have costed to much so they opted for those scary green spaceships and thus the whole of the story changed. sad
Still a good film though.

I forgot to mention the funniest author ever, Terry Pratchett. His Truckers trilogy is a must read and his continuing Discworld series will live on forever.

Gundark
Yes, Jonce, you are correct about the difference between the novel and the movie about War of the Worlds. The novel was really quite terrifying.

queeq
There's also the great album by Jeff Wayne, starring Richard Burton. Pretty good.

queeq abides

Gundark
Now THAT'S a classic.

IGOTMYBEAT
The Lion, the Witch, and the Warddrobe.

Traya
Um.

Dr_Joshua_Keyes
Secret Window! and HP!

masterkit
Cornelia Funke Books, Chronicles of Narnia, Charlie Bone, Star Wars, X-men, Harry potter i guess, and well most mythology and science fiction and fantasy

Because I can
the tomorrow series!
hp... Deltora Quest!!!
Lotsa fav books!!
lol

Millipilli
deltora quest
dragonlance
harry potter and
eragon and eldest

Billeh
Twlight--Stephenie Meyer
Mediator series
1800 series
"The Feather Pillow--Horacio Quiroga
Harry Potter
The Pearl--Steinbeck

ibleedyankeeblu
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Bell Jar
Our Town
Death Be Not Proud

masterkit
ooooooo um

The Doctor Illuminatus series by Martin Booth

Emily_healer
Where the red fern growes

masterkit
im pretty sure this would kinda overrule this thread

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=322659&highlight=1984+forumid%3A67

Gaca
right now i'm a ***** for bertolt brecht and goethe.

all time: too many to count out. a serious lover of chekhov, bulhakov, shakespeare, pratchett, burgess, dante, hegel and kierkegaard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.