Agents' strength

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fr3dY
In the first movie, Agents were very powerful... Morpheus told Neo that everyone who faced an agent had died. Neo trust in his powers and fighted against Smith in the subway (Morpheus said "he's starting to believe"wink.
Now, in Matrix Reloaded, Neo , at the first encounter with agents, say that they were upgraded. OK, now we have stronger agents than in the first movie, but since Neo is more powerful, that doesn't matter much.
What I noticed was the ability for Morpheus or Trinity to fight agents without much disadvantages... don't you think agents should beat non-Neo characters in an easy way?

nickjs21
yeah, that bugged me a little. but trinity got her ass kicked by the agent in the building. and morpheus . . . well, kick anyone that hard from a moving vehicle and they're bound to go flying.

i would've liked to see a little more outta the agents, though. only ONE bullet dodge in the entire movie? man.

bigbadbike2
The agents did seem in b the background of the movie. To think also how Morpheus got slaghtered in the first movie when he fought Smith. At the beginning of Reloaded you here Neo say, "Upgrades" when he didn't hit the Agent on his first attempt. You would think the agents would just walk through Trinity and Morpheus.

DarkMage31
Yeah, I agree. The Agent's power seems to be overrated, but never fully shown in the movie. Or at least their full potential against an opponent who is normal (as in, not Neo). As for Trin and Morph, I guess they qualify as "normal," but they are two main characters that the Wachowski brothers can not afford to loose for the Matrix series. Possible plot-hole? Do you agree?
-DM31

nickjs21
i wouldn't go so far as to say it's a plot hole.

morpheus said "no one has ever fought an agent and lived." but we can exclude neo from that list. trinity DID die in her tango with the agent, keep in mind. superfreaky CPR was the only thing that saved her. but morpheus did seem to handle his own against the agent on the highway. maybe you could excuse the lack of overbearing-ness on the agent's part by saying he wasn't trying to kill morpheus; he was just going for the keymaker. it's like pushing a low-hanging tree branch out of the way while walking in a jungle. or we could just chalk it up to luck.

either way, i think the agents are still pretty powerful and they just rode the bench most of m2 because there was just SO MUCH they needed to put into this movie.

DarkMage31
Yeah, I guess you are right, nickjs. Thanks.
-DM31

Ginerninja
I dunno though, Morpheus may have been getting a few good shots in, but i think majority of that exercise on top of the lorry in Reloaded was the Agent kicking his butt

bigbadbike2
I agree. They didn't have enough time in this movie to include more of the agents.

DarkMage31
Agents are cool. I am looking forward to some more Agent battles in Revolutions. You too?
-DM31

bigbadbike2
hell yeah!

Ushgarak
Yes, Agents are still the most deadly generic thing you can face.

Remember, Morpheus never said that Agents always killed anyone they faced with no contesat. He even said he said seen them thrown through things. The POINT is that does not stop them.

Whenver a talented rebel goes up against an agent it should be a series of neat moves that slows thw Agent down, but that is of no avail as eventually the Agent gets a killer blow in.

So unless you run or there is a convenient way for the Agent to be taken out of action, the Agent WILL kill you.

bigbadbike2
Amen brother.

penaeidae
An Important part of the Agents strength in the first movie, is before Neo no one had defeated one. Note Cypher's comment to Neo, "when you see an Agent do what we do - RUN". In Battle as in the MATRIX perception and fear are formidable weapons. When Trinity Killed the Agent with Neo's help it is likely the first time she had done so.

Vim
From what I know, Agents are programs, and since the Matrix itself is a program, then those that can bend the Matrix's rules, such as Morpheus and Trinity, then they have a better chance of fighting the Agents, than unawakened people. And Smith I feel has always been something different. So when Morpheus fought him in the first one, it was never a fair fight, Smith was like a Super Agent, then when Neo destroyed him, it made him even stronger. Which comes to my point, Trin and Morph have some power against the Agents, but when it comes right down to it, they would still be killed.

Fr3dY
There are some contradictions, regarding agents' skills. They are fast enough to dodge bullets (that means SPEED), but in the truck fight, the agent was cut, both in his clothes and face, by Morpheus' katana.
Like I said before, Agents in this movie aren't as impressive as I expected, specially it they were 'upgraded'.
And regarding Smith... if Neo can beat LOTS of Smiths at once... what's the power on just ONE of them? Almost nothing. That sucks.

Caliden
the fight scene between morpheus and smith in M1 was in a cramped bathroom but in M2 it was on top of a semi and even then morpheus was thrown off twice and had his katana which was better than his fists in M1.

Magee
Yea but is'nt smith like the main agent...stronger than the rest?
And morpheous got thrown around like a rag doll ffs.The only reason he lived was because of niobe.And then surprised the agent with a super kick thing.
Then again in the hall way of doors morpheous almost gets turned in to a smith no , trinity well what can i say

nickjs21
fr3dy, neo's the freaking ONE. he can fight agents with a much higher degree of success than a normal person. i would've thought that's practically established fact.

Fr3dY
OK, he's the ONE. But then, from now on, we won't be able to see interesting fights when Neo is involved, since he should win in seconds. If he beats a bunch of Smiths, there are no possible rivals.
Maybe there are no more "Neo vs Someone" fights inside Matrix in the next movie, like Seraph's scene?
It seems he only fights against groups now :-)

Evil Dead
I think the fight scene in Revolutions (Neo v/s Smith) will be one on one............in the first Matrix, Neo had to grasp his powers subtley....he was dodnging bullets on the rooftop with Trinity but still didn't know he had all the powers he does.......he then learns he can stand his ground with agents and live......then he learns he can beat agents.......then he learns he can fly.

Smith recieved part of Neo's code at the end of the first movie.......in their first battle in Reloaded Smith(s) are getting beaten left and right.....but Neo still can't win and must run (actually fly) away.......maybe in their next encounter Smith will have realized that he has picked up most of Neo's powers when he picked up his code......this would lead to a fair one on one fight between Smith and Neo as they would be equally matched.

Crash_Overload
Yo,
Evil what you said about Smith (not AGENT Smith as heard in ETM (Ni-are you and agent? Sm: No. I am the Alpha of Your omega.)) Because in the trailer seen at the end of the credits in reloaded and at the end of the game in ETM, we see a "Flying" Smith comeing through a wall.

AND THEIR WILL BE MORE FIGHTS IN REVOLUTIONS! if you look at the trailer Neo fights Smith (wich one who knows, just "Smith"wink.

Also I believe that their are other Smith agents that have NOT been upgraded. Because in M1, when Morpheus is about to fight Smith the following happens:

Morpheus: Who are you?
Smith: A SMITH , agent Smith

Meaning there are more then one.

nickjs21
i always thought that's just a pause in speech. like, "uh, smith. agent smith."

Crash_Overload
NO it IS " A SMITH, agent Smith"

Ushgarak
He means 'A Smith' as in name, not as in there is more than one of him. He could be a Jones or a Brown or a White, as they all have dull names; as it is, he was a Smith.

Crash_Overload
Hum hum........

Korri
neo can beat agents b'coz he is the one THEY DONT STAND A CHANCE!!! lol sorry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.