Football!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kes

yerssot
you don't like real?

mechmoggy
Hmmmm debatable that statement is. stick out tongue

Kes
I love real! Its the only good thing in spain!stick out tongue

yerssot
because of figo I take stick out tongue

Kes

yerssot
not difficult then wink

well, he can't do bad, he has all the good players wink

Kes
yeh!But Madrid is like :really good or really bad!stick out tongue

happy kine
damn... i saw football and got soccer...

yerssot
hope they beat Man U with 5-0 winkwinkwink

Kes
Manchester is pretty much Madrid's client! They lost basacly every game they (Manchester) play.

Kes
lol if you had read the name of the thread starter that would not have happen!stick out tongue

yerssot
just teasing any mancunians here for losing david backie wink

Kes
lol i like Manchester!But Madrid is better!

yerssot
you still like man u?

Kes
yes. beckham had nothing to do with me liking man u!stick out tongue

yerssot
are you absolutely sure? wink

Corran
I went to the Bernabeu last week., anyhow enough about me. smile

I heard that they were looking for someone to coach Real who would let certain players interfere with selection and tactics, doesn't sound too trilling a job if that is true.

yerssot
that's why they fired Hiero: he didn't want beckham, he wanted someone for the defence

Kes
yeh I'm sure yerss. well he knows atleast 1player really well so it wouldn't suprise me if the work together. you have to see corran these are the best players in the world. but he's not the tipe to be told what to do by the players!

Kes
That and he's really old!stick out tongue

Kes
The entire team is attack, attack!big grin

yerssot
laughing out loud nicely put kes smile

can you blaim them?

bigbadbike2
What he said.

Kes
No. I mean all the players have that characteristic stick out tongue
Sorry bbb2!

bigbadbike2
No worries Kes.

Kes
big grin

yerssot
hehe, well you have roberto carlos there, attacking defender big grin

Kes
He's better at attacking then he is at defending stick out tongue
Thats saying a lot cause he is a great defender!

yerssot
and the occasional good free kick smile

Kes
occasionally is putting it mildly!stick out tongue

yerssot
didn't want to boost his ego wink

Kes
lol

Kes
I just don't understand why they spend that much amount of money on Beckham. It seems more like a publicity stunt!

Tex
Soccer is so boringroll eyes (sarcastic)

Kes
Well you're from the U.S so I dont expect (sp) you to understand! stick out tongue

yerssot
go do some baseball tex stick out tongue

well, he has an excellent technique, that's the entire point!

Kes
they have like Macmanaman or whatever is name is. his great. and gutty and figo! to many!

Corran
It's his marketing they are after, they will net at least double what they pay out because he is the biggest player in the far east, they are starting to go massive on football, plus he is still the England captain they will tap more into the Evlish fan base. Fans of clubs other than Man Utd may be prepared to buy a shirt with Beckham on it now etc etc.

Kes
yeh thats what i say its a marketing stunt! but you know for a team that has the last 3 best football players in the world is already pretty famous and sells a lot.

yerssot
heck, how else can they earn money at all if it's not for marketing

Kes
yeh but his quite expensive himself and he could bring instability (sp) to the team. Not to mentions raises for everyone stick out tongue

yerssot
well, a team with only stars is always difficult to manage

Kes
yeh but the other stars already now each otherstick out tongue

yerssot
doesn't matter, if they work xhours a day they want to play, especially if you're named Carlos, Ronaldo, ... so if then one day this british bloke arrives, things could get heated

Kes
yeh. Thats why Gutty was pissed, I mean the guy was thinking he had finally made to the 11 and now puff. Same for Mcmanaman (sp) he doesn't want to leave and was the substitute for Figo but now?! He (mcmanaman (sp))could come to Benfica stick out tongue

yerssot
to such a bad team?? stick out tongue

Kes
HEY! We have lots of trophys! stick out tongue From centuries ago! lol Now we have Camacho, we will win!

yerssot
catanacio yes stick out tongue

Kes
catanacio? confused

yerssot
don't ask me about the spelling, just means ultra-defensive anti-football

Kes
why his he anti-football or ultra-sensitive?

yerssot
no, just teasing you with your fav team... obviously I failed again sad

Kes
Ah lol sorry kinda slow today! like my server! or is it the forum?

Corran
It does sell a lot, but the biggest money making team and best marketed team is Man Utd, even though Real won more the past few years, so the thinking is that they can become the best marketed club in the world if they have the one of the most marketable players in the world. Granted they have Ronaldo, Zindane etc but these guys are not the same photographers dreams that becks is. There is talk that he will not be certain of a place in the team even.

yerssot
well, the only player selling shirts in asia IS beckham, so with him going to real, they will already make millions the next years with only that!

Kes
yeh but the marketing in man U is not just Beckham ,its the leadership (this isn't the right word).
Yes the other players like their privacy!.p
Beckham is a showman, easy on the eye too!
Where the hell is he gonna play? Thats the question!stick out tongue

Corran
Same place as McManaman. laughing out loud keeping the bench warm.

yerssot
well, if you look at the team real already has ... I have no idea!
though a midfield with Figo, Zidane and Beckham would be marvelous!

Kes
yeh so he can see Roberto Carlos breeze by him! lol Thats his lane you know! Gutty was there! Poor kid! I agree with Corran his gonna keep Mcnaman company!big grin

Corran
The only other option would be to play 4-2-2-2, with 2 attacking wingbacks, 2 midfielders between the other 2 midfielders and centre backs, these 2 could cover back if the wingbacks attack down the flanks then 2 forwards, Raul and Ronaldo. So Figo and Zidane as the normal midfielders and beckham would have to be one of the midfielders between the backs and midfield.

Corran
Oh btw, I went to see the trophy room at the Bernabeu and it was a sight to behold.

yerssot
have to agree, been to the trophy rooms in madrid and barca, not bad at all smilesmile

well, becks could switch places with figo from time to time if they both get tired on the field, perhaps?

Kes
lol that was kinda confusing!And dont forget the entire defense attacks. and figo is more to the sides.
yeh the trophy room must be amazing!
did it say anything about the champions league final of 62 (or 61,not sure) when Benfica won 5-3! LOL LOL

Kes
LOL LOL LMHO!
Well figo said he would like to play in england. His just kinda..hmm..expensive!

yerssot
only their victories I take wink

Kes
You mean in the trophy room?!stick out tongue
Man it must have been beautiful! From 3-0 to 5-3! Against Real Madrid!!!

yerssot
your only trophy? stick out tongue

belgian teams started training today... have good hopes for my team againsmile

Corran
FC Bruge?

yerssot
Club Brugge, yes
5 times in a row, second, won with miles ahead the title this year smile

Kes
We have 2champions league cup, another one that was before UEFA was created, we are the portuguese club with more national championships and cups. we have lots of trophys. we may be in a loasing streak but benfica is 1 of the greates clubs in europe!stick out tongue
they started training? here they just went on vacation!

Corran
Yerss, do you ever go to a game?

G.P
Hey Hey! Talks about football without me ! Let's do a review

It is definitely In fact Beckham is the key for Real to reach the Huge Asian market.

McManaman is a Left Midfielder. How could he be the substitute of Figo, who is a Right Midfielder ?

The italian defensive system that you hate so much (used in most of the italian teams, including Milan)

Corran
McManaman can play either side or through the middle.

yerssot
thought porto would (not that I mean benfica isn't good!!)

yeah, corran, been to belgian games (mostly Westerlo, cause they're nearby and T Kuipke has an excellent game-atmosphere)
and seen some spanish games (barca and real) and a turkish... and some more but that was when I was little and my dad's company sponsered teams so we could get in for free smile

Corran
Yerss, I meant do you go to Brugge Games?

yerssot
the Brugge Games???
You mean De Bruggse Metten?
the game they play in juli-august somewhere against a semi-top team?

G.P
Sure he can...now, he can clean every side of the bench wink

Corran
Yers, I meant do you ever go to watch FC Brugges, you team, when they play league games or European games.

yerssot
oh yeah! definitly! not much though sad

Westerlo-Brugge, erm... Brugge-Charleroi (the not so big games, otherwise it's quite expensive) and some european games too of course smile

how come?

Kes
yerss porto only started winning know i'm talking history here if you notice , where benfica plays hundreds will go and see, wee have more supporters and fans than porto and sporting together.
G.P. Figo plays everywhere mid,left,right all he needs is the ball!stick out tongue

yerssot
ah! didn't knew that smile
the portugese league isn't my best subject smile

Corran
I am thinking of going to Brugge in the next 6 months, I would consider going to a game too, wondered how hard is it to get tickets.

Kes
probably just expensive. nothing like in englad that games are sold out fo years!stick out tongue

yerssot
oh darn, that could be difficult for you ...

I'm not sure how the rule goes for this season but we got these cards named Football Fan Cards, and you need to have them to get in (that was two years ago), now you don't need them (but you need to get your tickets in advance) but since you're from england (to say it in other words: a hooligan-country, sorry corran, it says so on the list) you might have some trouble...
I can always mail them to ask, ... and since there is no pic on the fan card, if you look young and speak some dutch you can borrow mine wink

G.P
But wasn't Figo originally a Right Midfielder...I do think so (I know he can play everywhere, but is he still happy ?) : The problem is that The Real has now two players at the same place (Yeah, I know Beckham could play Goalkeeper & Figo Defender... stick out tongue). So I do think there will be some fights (and that Figo may leave)

Corran
don't look young and I am not sure calling them Krankzinnig, or whatever the spelling is, will work too well.

yerssot
darn, just that I don't know the rules about the ticketselling if it's for foreigners ...
I'll go check it out

Kes
yeh i know nothing about belgium footballstick out tongue
nor french stick out tongue italian (unfortunatly!), english but just the bigger teams and not all the players and my neigbours!stick out tongue

G.P
Oh Yeah, I've heard of this complicated belgian system to get tickets; It's quite amazing

Corran
Thanks.

Kes
well figo does seem to prefer right side. but he can play left so no difference to him i think. real already had a player for that spot Mcnaman and his good. i dont think figo will leave. its his spot, he wont lose it for beckham,please!stick out tongue

Corran
I heard that Figo is going on a free to Everton next season.

G.P
The problem is (Yeah, I like to say that stick out tongue stick out tongue big grin) that Becks is a best product than Figo (And they're both Right Midf.)

G.P
Very funny laughing out loud laughing laughing laughing out loud

Kes
well he had a 5year (if i'm not mistaken,cant remember how long its been)contract. he did say he would like to play in england so who knows?!

Corran
sad I was being serious.

Kes
LOL LOL LOL LMHO best..LOL LOL

yerssot
mail has been send, hope to get back on you quickly corran smile

Corran
Cool, you are one of the nicest Belgians I have ever met, virtually.

yerssot
so far you only met two belgians ... virtually roll eyes (sarcastic)

G.P
I know Corran, I hope I haven't offended you...
But it seems quite unrealistic...Everton was 5th ( 6th ?) of the last season of premiership...I don't think their players & budget will be enough to do the same next year (Everton lacks sex-appeal, If you understand what I mean)

Corran
Vavavoom.

Corran
Well that's not a bad stat.

yerssot
that's until you meet more belgians ... then I drop to the last place

Corran
I've met loads of Belgians in RL.

yerssot
that's why I ment in OL smile

Corran
There's 3 now methinks.

yerssot
oh, a lot more but some barely come here

Kes
yeh maybe Arsenal or Man Unt.
What's your club Corran?

Corran
Everton of course.

G.P
I think It's everton...It is one of the two clubs in Liverpool, am i right ?

Corran
oui.

G.P
As you live near Liverpool, it's quite logical...smile

Corran
Well I live half a mile from Tranmere Rovers ground, so they would also be an option.

Kes
lol didnt notice where you liveerm sorry!

G.P
I see... I didn't mean to offend you (when talking about Everton). I'm also very harsh with the club I support, the PSG (they lack sex-appeal too)

G.P

Corran
no offence taken, I do not offend easily. I also do not expect people to take offence from things I say, either ignore me or expect them to be daft.

G.P

G.P
smile Everything is OK, then

Kes
Honey they dont lack sex-appeal! they suck!!! lol j/k

Corran
we have not strayed too far, we are still talking about football clubs.

but yes we follow like sheep.

G.P
Honestly they do !

Kes
yeh the conversation is still about football. just not Madrid.

Kes
I now!!!I was just being polite!

G.P
But I rely on the new coach Vahid Halilodzic (sp stick out tongue) to rehabilitate this bunch of bad players

Kes

G.P
The problem is (again stick out tongue) that he decides if he want to play well or not... Consequently we have seen only 8/9 beautiful games this year (league + Cups+ European Cups)

Kes
stick out tongue
They played well agains Boavista for the UEFA cup. lol Couldn't resiste. Sorry.

G.P
*shakes his head*

Kes
LOL

G.P
Good night, Kes. Tomorrow I'll go to work, but I'll come. smile
Edit (I know we're not in the bar but this topic really looked like it) If someone is offended, please delete my post.

Kes
good night. I'm leaving to actually! smile see yaa!

yerssot
damnit! I'm not happy now!
I received an answer from my email corran,

to put it nicely ... no, you can't get in without a fancard, doesn't matter which country you're from (what about i.e. Brugge-Roma? Roma-fans can't get in then??), they were VERY rude at answering damn it!

Corran
Damn Belgians.

yerssot
wanted to reply to them you would rather go to Anderlecht then... or Westerlo, where they don't do retarded about that!

Kes
You live in a very wierd country yerss!stick out tongue

yerssot
you didn't had to remind me of that stick out tongue

G.P
Hey, tonight there is the semi-final game of the Confederation Cup between France & Turkey. I'm devastated because France win some game, though the team played so bad! sad

Kes
LOL Its very difficult to attend a game there!smile

Kes
A player from Camarons (sp) died during a game of the Confederation Cup . They were playing against columbia! I read that the guy just dropped during the game!

G.P

Kes
yeh what happen?

G.P
He felt faint during the game...The medical staff hadn't managed to revive him...It seems to be due to some kind of Heart Failure...but we're not sure yet

yerssot
I haven't heard of this! my waffle! that's some bad news!

Kes
Damn how does a football player has heart failuer?erm

yerssot
taking drugs?

G.P
That's a possibility.

Kes
I didn't want to trash the mans' reputation!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>