Why the kyberdart? Why not a blaster?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ELVISFCK
Why would Jango use the kyberdart to kill Zam and allow Obi-Wan to trace it back to Kamino, thereby discovering the massive cloning project underway there?

If all this was somehow part of Darth Sidious' plans, then why would he then try to have Obi-Wan killed in order to prevent him from discovering the cloning facilities when he arrives on Kamino? If Darth Sidious wanted the cloning facilities kept secret, then it doesn't make sense that Sidious would lead Obi-Wan to Kamino.

Dim
It might be Jango's weapon of choice...some people just can't shoot..Imperial Stormtroopers for instance.. of course there could also be properties of the Kyberdart that we just don't know about yet.

Raz
The only reason the Kyberdart was linked to Kamino was because of Jester Dexter. Maybe Jango wasn't expecting that.

ELVISFCK
Agreed but they're covering up this fairly large conspiracy, they've got this massive cloning effort underway and it's just careless, why not open up with blasters and missles and whatever else Jango has got?

Dim
I think another reason he didn't use a blaster was because it draws more attention... I think the idea was to get rid of Zam in the quietest and most effiecent way possible..

Raz, I haven't heard the Dexter connection..what's that about?

ELVISFCK
A little noise is a small price to pay to keep the Jedi from finding out about this faraway planet where a massive cloning operation has begun initiated by someone impersonating a Jedi Master who called himself Sido-Dyas which sounds a lot like Sidious.

Unless the Jedi Council was SUPPOSED to learn all this. But that doesn't make sense either.

Raz
Maybe Jango didn't have a gun on him? I guess we'll have to wait until we see on the big screen.

*****POSSIBLE SPOILER***********
Supposedly Obi-Wan and Dexter are past good mates. When Zam is killed, Obi-Wan asks Dexter what sort of weapon it is, he tells them its from Kamino.....
******END OF SPOILER*************

Dim have you given up being spoiler-free?

ELVISFCK
Maybe when they enter the club, they don't allow weapons.

Raz
That might be true, as there is supposedly meant to be a bouncer at the entrance.

King Jedi
Maybe the Kyber Dart is something else and all this specualtion is wrong? Aldera.net's plot line has so many holes in it I now don't beleive anything.

How would Dexter Jetser know where the dart is from? Is he a weapons expert? Is he from Kamino? Do people in his bar use them a lot? Why does Jango use a weapon from Kamino?

And there is this: The nightclub scene is supposed to happen at the beginning of the movie. Later there is supposed to be a scene where Obi-Wan meets with the Prime Minister of Kamino to talk about the cloning. If that's the case then why is Obi-Wan going to a planet on his own to meet the PM when he knows something is wrong?

*edit* I forgot. Raz do you remember a few months ago there was a T.V advert in the U.K which had Anthony Damiels in it? It was of people trying to get into a nightclub but the bouncer wouldn't let them in. Someone used the Jedi mind trick and they got in. Do you think the "source" that told TFN that story saw that ad?

Ratcat
I am really worried about these so called Plot Compilations. At first I was very much into reading them but since way before Christmas I have given them a miss.

There are certain webmasters out there, present company excluded, who are passing off pure speculation as definative. I can't deal with that anymore. Even TF.N are in on the game to a certain degree.

Raz
I do agree that most of TPOA' plot summary is *pure* speculation, but some of does hold some water, although its just a rehash of TFN.

I don't know if you guys know this but the whole first draft of Episode II was leaked and offered to several websites, for a measly $100,000!....
Most of the info leaked is from a handful of people who were offered "samples" from the script...

We know for a fact that we will see a nightclub, because of the tons of picture released from LFL, on their website, and the official mags.

JediOasis
I don't doubt that we will see a nightclub, with Anakin there, we've seen the pics that shows this. But we've not seen OB1 at the club. Some of the rumors going around probably are true, Kamino and Genosis might be the actual names, Dooku may be Tyranus(still don't like that name though, what next Darth Velacaraptor?) But I really doubt that Lucas would let anything major get out, like the end fight scene or the opening scroll.

Ratcat
But we've already seen the image of Anakin walking through the nightclub.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2000/49/img/hayden.jpg

This was a production shot used to show Sony just what a great job their new camera technology was doing.

King Jedi
But we have no proof that Obi-Wan is in the club.

Another thing is bugging me about Aldera.nets story. They say that Padme is on Naboo for a large part of the movie with Anakin. Then they go to Tatooine. Do you remember the pic of Natalie sitting with scars across her back? Where does that fit in?

JediOasis
Yeah, maybe Anakin is in the club for a secret date with Padme for all we know, this is a "love story" afterall. Maybe the Jedi look down upon dating so Anakin and Padme have to sneak around a little bit. Maybe the asassain notices Padme leaving and tries to kill her in the nightclub and thats why Anakin has that look on his face, he senses something is wrong. Then afterwards Anakin has to go back to the council explaining how he had snuck out, but had saved Padme's life.

Dim
Well, according to the spy reports OB1 is in the club with Anakin...as for where in the movie Padme gets those claw marks on her back....I DON'T KNOW!! *excited* but I'm sure it will be cool

IGOTMYBEAT
That'd be cool if Ani goes to the club to meet Padme.

Raz

King Jedi
Another thing - If aldera.net have a script or have seen one then why are they only telling us things everytime a select pic comes out? Either that or they wait for pics in the magazines and all of a sudden they have things to tell us.

IGOTMYBEAT
cuz they're making it up.

Raz
The problem with TPOA "spoiler marathon" is that he doesnt make it clear which bits are from the script, and which bits are pure speculation.......which most of it is....
I think the only thing he has got right is the starting....the rest is all @#%$...

queeq
About that script. Is there any chance for us to read what you have. Send it by e-mail perhaps?

queeq abides

drpepper023
who am i

queeq
drpepper023. Welcome.

Dim
It seems to me that all this info that's coming from wherever is so mixed with personal imput that I'm kinda trying to ignore it at this point..I'm to the point where I want the straight info and not anyone's takes on what it means..and nobody will present it like that..

Welcome drp. big grin

queeq
It's called speculation, I think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.