Some questions...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AsthmaticZero
I have a question for anyone who feels that they really know. In the Enter the Matrix game, when Ghost speaks with the Oracle, she tells him that her 'original shell' was terminated by the Merovingian. Ghost asks her why she let this happen, and she replies that the people who betrayed her did it for the love of their child. Who is the child that she refers to? Could she possibly be speaking of the Father and Mother of the Matrix, and the Matrix itself as the child? Any insight?

Also, in the preview featured at the end of EtM, a scene is shown depicting a very 'dirty' looking man grinning. The man has long hair and a beard. I watched the scene with the man in the subway station again, to see if they could be the same person, but I have come to the conclusion that they are not. Any ideas?

nickjs21
they are the same person. i coulda sworn.

well, about the first question. i don't remember her saying that, but i do have a real simple explanation for you: the woman who played the oracle died. they needed to make something up to cover for it. i'll have to go watch that scene again and get back to you . . .

chica16
This is kinda long so try to bear with me.
The kid has an integral party in the movie, the animatrix and enter the Matrix, the Vid game. Let me explain in Cronological order.

The Oracle's apperance has changed, we first see this in the Vid game. What happened was the Oracle was given a choice by Merovingian, don't help Neo complete his journey...or else he will change her apperance so she is unregognizable and people from the 'real world' won't recognize her. I quote 'real world' becauseI will later reveal how Zion is the Martix saftey net...a Matrix within a Matrix.

Back to the Oracle...How did the Merovingian change her apperance? Her code was sold to him by two programs she trusted...in exchange for the life of thier son. Yes, two programs had a young boy. This young boy is seen in the second renissaunce part 2, at the very end running in the Snow. As he is running towards his parents in the 'real word' the light flashes on them and they are clearly a male and female agent. Lets focus on that. How could two agents live on the surface of 'the real' when they are programs unless the 'real world' is also a matrix of sorts. Combined with the fact that Neo was able to stop the Sentinals at the end of Reloaded it is now clear to me that the 1% of people who don't accept the matrix go into the 'real world' as to not cause to much havoc. This reality is accepted because it is so harsh. With all of the history they have to back up the destruction of the earth, why wouldn't someone beleive that this is the 'real world'

Back to the boy. As he is running towards his parents he gets scared and runs away. Then it shows him in a energy pod a split second later. My theory is that the boy would not accept his reality, the harsh war torn surface of 'the real'. However this was the only place that the agents could comfortably raise a child. They couldn't raise him in the real world...imagine if they were at the zoo, had to go on a mission, and some stranger collapsed dead next to the boy while the agent warped to a new bpody close to the disturbance. He wouldn't accpet 'the real world' and it would be impossible to raise him in the matrix, so to keep the boy they inserted his mind into the body of a toddler, to be raised by a 'real family'...however he is still essentially a program. This would ensure the boy would live and grow like a real person.

Flash forward to the "Kids Story". The same toddler is now a teenager. He has a feeling that his world is not real...this stems from his early childhood when he lived on the surface of 'the real' and the fact that he was inserted into the matrix after birth, rather than before. This is how he is able to self substantiate himself out of the matrix. This is very important because he is the first to ever do so...he can do this because he is a program.

Prediction...The oracle mentions he is VERY important. He is in the Movie, Vid game AND has a story dedicated to him in the Animatrix, so he will play a HUGE role in the Animatrix. My feeling is he will be the first to discover that 'the real' is just a safety net. He can talk to the machines because he was made by the machines. So either he will self substantiate himself out of Zion and make others realize they can do the same...or he will make peace between the machines and the humans as an ambassador of sorts. Who knows, maybe he is the son of Agent Smith...

AsthmaticZero
Chica: That is quite possibly the strangest idea I've heard regarding the 'child' the Oracle speaks of. For some reason, I do not believe that the child in the end of 'The 2nd Rennaissance pt. 2' is the same 'child' that is in 'Kid's Story'. Seems a far, far cry if you ask me. But, since I really don't know the answers myself, I'm not gonna make anything definite in my own head. Thanks for your insight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.