What state are you in??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

808Morpheus
Just curious if anyyone from Hawaii posts on this message board or not? Am I the only Hawaii resident posting? then again, what state is everyone in?? Happy Dance

yerssot
Keokiswahine is from hawaii too, so you're not alone

808Morpheus
well, that is a good thought, hee hee. Okay, so where is everyone from?

Dexx
romania

BackFire349
california

Ushgarak
A DREADFUL state! A-HA! A-HA!

Aha?

Ahem.

The UK.

G.P
Just Guess.wink

Catch 22
Hmmmm, a rather 'America Only' type query?

Hey, newsflash: Other continents discovered!!!

LilySatine
I don't live in a state...I live in a province. wink

Ontario, Canada eh?

Corran
And I live in neither of those.

finti
wasnt it those from the other countries that really rediscovered the landmass to the west known as USA???????????roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) wink

By the way Im from Norway

julibug
finti, you're in norway? wow, you traveled far. i'm still back here in arkansas - usa. most beautiful state in the union! (on the mainland that is)

Corran
We did not really rediscover it as it was not lost as such.

finti
well Corran I say rediscovered cause the native Americans is really those who discovered America but they never been credited with it.
So rediscovered cause it was already inhabited when the Vikings came there and the same 500 years later when Columbus and his followers hit the shores of the west indies and the states.

Well I am originally a Norwegian julibug, just happen to live in Arkansas (Land of Opportunities) too. Ozarks

bigbadbike2
I am from Alabama. I do think that 808 wouldn't mind if those not in the states told what country they are from.

finti
maybe he/she should have asked it in an other way big grin

bigbadbike2
True. I will ask for them.

Would anyone like to share where they are from with the rest of the board? I am sure everyone would like to represent the area they live in. big grin

happy kine
flroida here! the actual most butiful state in the union. very diverse here. a drive from the keys from the panhandle is like going through different countries.

finti
hows the gators?

LilMimister006
gators? ::shrug:: Im in ohio! big grin

happy kine
a gator just ate some kid the other day... unless you mean the gators college football team... they suck and i hop they lose al their games

Kes
lol kinda obvious...lisbon, portugal.
You're from hawaii 808??!Nice!smile

Corran
OK I get the question now. I'm OK now but later I will be in a right State.

Kes
laughing out loud

cermiestar
London! it rocks!
You can take the girl outa london but you can't take london outa the girl big grin

yerssot
*takes knife*
we can always try devil

Dexx
really?..i'm going to toronto in a couple'o'weeks

happy kine
schizophrenic state of mind.

cermiestar
*screams and runs from yerss*

yerssot
what? just need to test your theory!

cermiestar
*runs faster*

yerssot
oh come on!
one step of me and I cover half a mile, you, with your tiny legs can't run fast enough little one wink

BondJamesBond
Arizona

cermiestar
help!

yerssot
ha, sure,... THAT will work big grin
*gets knife ready*

Dexx
you guyz are clogging this with off-topicness. behave!

yerssot
what? just a friendly remark that she's from london!

G.P
*stands*Yerss !!! Yesterday the bunnies... and now Cermie. What a bad-mannered character you are !

yerssot
I try my best wink

Captain REX
Happy Leif Erickson Day, everyone! big grin

I'm a Californian.

J_To_The_P
New boring Jersey.

Gundark
Pennsylvania.

*gets clown gun out and waits for stalkers*

Tex
You'll never guess what state I'm instick out tongue

Gundark
You are in a state of Bjork, Tex dear.... cool

Tex

Evy_O
Well, it's obvious from my sig, but it's Athens, Greece big grin

808Morpheus
Okay, a lot of people from all over the world, forgot Iwas in the matrix where people are from all over, laughing out loud anyway, yes, what is you geographical location on the planet Earth?? Sorry not extraterresials allowed, this is only for us Humans, and earth based personnels only, hee hee/.

Hey, what is up with all this off topic silliness?? Makes people wonder what the H*** is goingg on in our forum!! mad

Kes
it happens sometimes.

808Morpheus
apparently, yes it does embarrasment

Corran
OK I am in a drunken state, how cool is that?

808Morpheus
Not very, especially if you do not drink like me. angel
But if that is how you would like to be, so be it. enjoy your state of drunkenness. stick out tongue

Corran
Oh I am, I am.

Kes
Too young?!stick out tongue

808Morpheus
no, had too much and no need anymore :P

Kes
lol

808Morpheus
Thank you!!! (taking abow)

Kes
The thing about drinking is that you have to know how! lol
Not much of a drinker myself.

808Morpheus
I know, beer!!! Just don't like the taste, so I stopped, angel

I know I am pretty square!!

Corran
Oh god geek-a-rama.

Kes
well i like vodka but 1st its expensive 2nd it hits hard and 3rd i'm always the driver!stick out tongue

Corran
You old enough to drive?

Kes
yes.

Corran
wow, that means you are old enough to ...well you know....

Kes
does that have age limite?or an age to start?if we're talking about the what i think we're talking!

Corran
it does in most countries.

Kes
thats interesting. cos nobody tells me what to do with my body!

Kes
what do they do? arrest the kids that start earlier?!

Corran
Sorry, I do not understand what you mean I was talking about drinking.

Kes
laughing out loud but you can drink 2years before you can drive!

Corran
Not in the UK, both are now 18. I can't wait until I am 18 again./

Kes
well here its 16. but its not very regulated.

Corran
Right, so what about sex then?

Ushgarak
PORTUGAL LAWS: 1. Has no sodomy laws, the age of sexual consent is 16 for homosexuals
and 14 for heterosexuals. Homosexual relations with 14 and 15 year old adolescents is punishable with up to 2 years in jail.

Kes
thats not!stick out tongue

Ushgarak
However, I think an on-topic return would be handy now...

Corran
So you can have heterosexual sex with someone who is 14?

Corran
Oh right ush, then I am in a drunken state - will that suffice?

Kes
If you are under 18 yes.

julibug
you don't even want to know about the underage sex and drinking in arkansas, the state that i am in (how's that for swinging the topic back around?)

Kes
thats bs. nobody knows what you do! its your bussiness!

aragorniscool45
i am from michigan

Kes
well you have to be 21 to drink , right?

julibug
you're supposed to be 21

Kes
well its wierd you can drive at 16 but only drink at 21. and when its elligal(sp) its even better!stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Kes- regardless of what you think of it, THAT is the law of your country. End of story.

Kes
your talking abot the sex?I think that law is about older ppl with younger. It has another name that I dont know in english. But to straight 14 year olds can get it on. you cant arrest them stick out tongue

Ushgarak
The law is as I quoted it.

Kes
Sexual consent to me means a 16 year old with a 30year old if the kid was 15 it would be illegal. Thats what i take from that law. Other wise it means nothing cos 1st its my body 2ndyou have to be 18 to be arrested.

Ushgarak
No, the law IS what I said it is. Age of consent is the age at which you are considered legally capable of making the decision to have sex. Anything else is irrelevant.

Kes
you're reading it wrong.

Ushgarak
No I am not. Those are the age of consent laws in your country. Any mistakes are being made by you.

Kes
Homosexual relations with 14 and 15 year old adolescents is punishable with up to 2 years in jail.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
that poff that you are reading it wrong.you cant arrest a minor (under 18) this law regards above 18years relations with minors.either that or the law is a contradiction!

Ushgarak
Proof? What sort of crap is that? Kes, I am QUOTING your law!!! Why on EARTH do you think I am saying that it only applies to minors?

Kes
Not like that. what i mean is that if a person is 17 and is with a 13yera old girl there is no law. you're just interperting (sp) diferently! how who cares!

Ushgarak
All I can repeat is that I am saying the law as it is. I am making no interpretation at all. I am just telling you what it is. Clear?

Kes
yeh. But it means with a person above 18 otherwise its useless!A contradiction.

Ushgarak
No. I assume this is a translation difficulty you are having. It makes no such contradiction. You must be reading it wrong. It simply is what it is.

Kes
"is punishable with up to 2 years in jail"

Thats the problem. Do you see?

Ushgarak
No. Because that IS the punishment in your country for having a homosexual relationship with a 14 or 15 year old. That is your law, in black and white.

Kes
But if a 17year old has sex with a 15year old he cant be punished.How can you have a law if there is no punishement! Thats why i say its for above 18 with 15 for exemple! Its to protect kids against older ppl.

Ushgarak
Again, you are being utterly irrelevant. I do not care what you consider the age of criminal responsibility to be. I am simply quoting your country's laws as they stand. Those are the age of consent laws and the punishments for breaking them. I really don't care about anything else; I was just supplying the info Corran wanted.

Kes
Thats the contradiction! How can you have a law when theres no punishement! either that or your misinterperting it.

Ushgarak
I still fail to see what your problem is. And I cannot be misinterpreting it. I am making no interpretation at all., I am simply saying what it is. You are introducing irrelevant complexity.

THAT is your age of consent law. That is all.

Kes
i said the law was a contradition and you said it wasn't.
the point is you cant have a law when there is no punishment!
Lets get back to the topic of the thread,please?!

Ushgarak
For the ABSOLUTELY LAST TIME- that IS your law. That is what it is. There is no contradiction. I have no idea why you have complicated the subject with all sorts of weird talk of at what ages it is applicable to an offender. That has nothing to do with what I was saying at all. If only you had understood this simple concept the thread would not be off-topic in the first place. I have simply given your age of consent laws. I made NO comment on how old you had to be for you to be arrested for them. That was your commentary, and irrelevant it was as well.

To answer Corran's question- the age of consent in Portugal is 16 for homosexuals, 14 for heterosexuals. He, at least, will understand what I mean without all the garbage you put in the way, Kes.

Ok, back to subject.

Kes
WHATEVER!

Captain REX
Let's there be no shouting...

Kes
yeh things got heated, its over now.

Captain REX
Good. smile

Julie
NJ......ah the overcrowded garden state....overpriced and such.....we have our perks too:-)

Ushgarak
Heh... like?

Julie
darn I knew that ques would come up.....uh.......we have us a nice dirty shore......an odd state gov't .....a good lottery????

Ushgarak
Cannot say I am entirely sold...

Kes
Isn't the lottery paid as a salary(sp)? like every month you get a bit of the money?confused

Julie
uh I dunno...I think the annuity choice for the big pots are....but you can choose a lump sum and just get a lot less $

808Morpheus
Geez, turn myback and the fforum goes wwwaaaaaay out of control. What is all this talk about Age of consent??? Hmmm, well, I am not one to bring up the past, so I will leave it buried where it is. NJ, odd govt, good lottery!! Well, here we cdon't even havea lottery!! Plus the price for livingis too high! need to be rich to own a house.. Tough in paradise

Julie
where is "here"?

808Morpheus
Here being Hawaii!!! Alooooooha!

Julie
aloha......uh.....I've never been there.....it sounds so....uh well romantic I suppose.....NJ will do that to you...make you yearn for the tropics...or islands...or anywhere but here:-)

808Morpheus
bet it snows there huh?

Kes
lol

808Morpheus
Julie??

Julie
Yes, dear.
Still here.
Uh yes we do get snow, btu mostly there's been a lot of rain here recently. I have to get out in the sunshine why it's available. big grin

808Morpheus
I don't have to worry about snow!!! Yeah!!!Happy Dance

Julie
oh but snowballs are so fun.....* throws one at 808Morpheus*

Metroplex
Anyone Canadian??? I'm from Montreal, Quebec

808Morpheus
Yuck!! I don't like snow!!! *picking up a sandball and whips it at Julie*
Eat sad mad

Kes
snow?!whats snow?!stick out tongue

808Morpheus
snow: cold white powdery flakes that fall from the sky when the temperature falls below freezing.

Kes
temperatures below freazing??????

808Morpheus
yeah, below freezing!!

Celsius
im in australia

Kes
Damn!!!
where in australia?

Julie
that sounds like a nice place to be

Celsius
NO. australia is one of the warmes countries in the world. in winter we dont get snow, it only rains.

Celsius
australia is very nice!!! always at the beech

Kes
Yeh but where are you exactly? Australia is kinda bigsmile

Julie
anywhere there sounds nice....42 walaby way sydney?????:-)

chico23
I'm from Lexington, Kentucky USA (insert redneck jokes here)

Kes
lol

yeah what time is it where you are?
Here its 05h24m smile

chico23
here its 12:30 a.m.

808Morpheus
Intriguing there are many people from all over on this forum. Keep it up would love to hear more about where you are from. Try to think of something special about where you are from and share with us!!

yerssot
grmbl, people from australia always can sneak into the fox studios sad

finti
he he broke those laws allright devil , at least the drinking stuff. Dont know about the underage limit on sex though

julibug
lol - found nemo, too, huh?

Slybaghouse
I'm from Indianapolis Indiana.......and yes I know we have alot of corn here stick out tongue

finti
so how about some bread then

Slybaghouse
we can scrounge up some bread

I mean "there is more than corn in Indiana" big grin

finti
yeah you got weat as well

julibug
i can contribute watermelon. hope, arkansas, is the watermelon capitol of the world, ya know.l

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>