Sleepless

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LilySatine
For the past few days, I haven't been getting enough sleep. I honestly try going to bed early, though I don't end up falling asleep until the wee hours of the morning, and then wake up early as well! Am I the only future insomniac here?? Better yet, does anyone know how I can fix this problem??

Ushgarak
Well I (falls asleep on your shoulder)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Sorry, dear, if I could help I would help myself.

bigbadbike2
Work out hard for an hour or so but not at night. Do it at least 3 hours before you go to bed. This way your body is tired and it wants to rest.

julibug
kava is a wonderful thing......or maybe chamomile.

Corran
or Chloroform.

Scoundrel
I just use the time effectively and not notice the need for sleep until it catches up and knocks me out on its own

LilySatine
My mother has been making me tea every night for the past week to see if that will help. So far, no luck. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Scoundrel
Hold on Tea? but that will surely keep you up given the caffeine and other chemicals. NOt as bad as coffee but even so...

julibug
huh. ok, well, take a warm bath just before going to bed. also try counting. count as far as you can, and maybe you'll drift off. (i've had lots of experience w/sleepless nights...)

Scoundrel
I revel in sleepless nights..The night is mine!!!

Kes
LOL I wish I could help but I'm insomniac myselferm
How about some valium??!Hot milk??!stick out tongue

happy kine
i find that when i eat fairly healthy and exercise i can fall sleep easier and wake up better. especially if i exercise. it also helps to clear you mind. if your thinking too much it tends to keep ya up. i like to lay as still as i can.. the only problem is that our galaxy is moving very fast, while our solar system is also moving along with the rotation of the earth... we're actually moving at astronomical speeds... wait that keeps me up... all that thinking.

yerssot
seems like all my ideas are already mentioned sad
alcohol?

Tex
Drinking tea and taking a warm bath right before bed are both bad ideas.

You should do a search on the internet for tips on how to fall asleep faster.

Kes
Hot baths relaxe, relaxing helps to sleep. Same with tea.Well it helps most people!stick out tongue

LilySatine
Thanks a bunch everyone. I'll try your ideas a.s.a.p and tell you how it went. smile

yerssot
my grandaunt drinks hot milk to fall asleep, perhaps it could work for you?

Tex
A hot bath will relax you, and it will also wake your senses, very bad if you want to sleep....tea contains caffeine!

Kes
I thinks its actually called hateina (sp) But regardless caffeine has the opposet (sp) effect on kids. It makes them sleepy! Just dont know till what age.And a bath that relaxes your musles (sp) will put her out if she's like tired. Try running then taking a bath!!!smile lol

yerssot
http://www.saintpatrick.org/sleepcenter/tips.html

you should read that website smile

Kes
kid theres probably just something on your mind. Find out what it is and deal with it. Than you can sleep. I think, I'm not a good person to give advice on how to fall asleep!stick out tongue

LilySatine
Yay! Thanks for the website, yerss! They have alot of good tips!
I've already got the exercise down. stick out tongue

yerssot
I'll try to find more pages

Kes
"Use your bedroom only for sleep."

Thats a curious tip!!!

yerssot
otherwise you spend too much time there?

Kes
lol Maybe thats my problam. I spend to much time in my bedroom!That and the obsseen (sp) amounts of coffe that I drink stick out tongue

yerssot
as long as it sticks to the coffee wink

Kes
yeh just coffe!

Julie
do a lot of strenuous activities to get yourself exhausted and the take a warm bath.....keeping your head above the water ....and take a nap....

yerssot
keeping your head above the water while taking a bath, really julie? stick out tongue

Scoundrel
Its good to know that people sufficiently care to come to others aid

yerssot
especially if lil'lilly is in trouble!

Scoundrel
I drak too much last night and sleep walked. I woke up this morning having moved clothes from one closet to another and having left the shower on...

yerssot
or someone sneaked in?

yerssot
if you read this little satan, could you tell me if you slept well?

BackFire349
dont go to bed untill you are tired. you cant force yourself to sleep.

yerssot
she isn't online yet, so I hope she's still sleeping

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.