Comic Book Movies...getting a little carried away??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chica16
people are getting out of control making comic book movies... Ex. Daredevil... what's with that?

Corran
No, it's all been a long time coming, ever since they started the early batman series then animations, they should have been doing more cominc book heroes, all the TV series did well like the indcredible hulk, superman, wonderwoman etc, etc.

Darth Vicious
I guess that comic book movies are easier to write since they dont have to come up with origins just change it a little and all the comic book that have been used to make the movies from Batman-to-Hulk have been around for decades the studios only need to choose which storyline fits best! Keep them coming!

Metroplex
As said by Corran, comic book turned movies ot shows has been here for a while, but as in the movie Jay and Silent Bob Strikes back, the guy says that quote:"Ever since X-men did big in the box office, all the movie producers are trying to buy out comic book rights." (something similar to that) So as seen recently, the comic book to movie hype is getting bigger.

MarvelFan
The problem is they change WAY TOO MUCH stufff when they make a movie..for example X-MEN movies have no validity to their comic book fans..

Metroplex
Its better that way. It forms new plot and story lines. EXample: Magneto does not want to kill any mutants, but in X1, he wanted Rogue to die. It just adds some spice in the story. Show how evil Magneto is.

VenomVA
I think they should change the origins and some of the story alittle to keep up with the times (now). Besides if they tell the same origin as the comics I think it will just be boring and not worth sitting through until you get to the action.

Darth Vicious
But the thing i hate the most is that after a movie they change the comic books to make them more like the movie like in X-men before the movie their costumes were different but after the movie they made everybodys costume in leather like in the movie, while i love the movies leave the comics alone, "If It Aint Broken, Dont Fix It!!"

DemonicGambit
I heard the reason the reason so many comics are being made into movies is because Stan Lee was afraid that he would die and no one would remember his legacy. Ah, go figure?

P-NuT
It is fast becoming the era of the comic book adaptations. It has gone a little overboard (DD and Capt America) but it has to stop soon as they are running out of comic books.

borgasm???
beware: daredevil spoilers

it is out of hand when they do a movie to captain america or the fantastic for. i think it's fine as long as they stick to more general heroes(favorites) like spider-man or batman (that kiddies can enjoy and parents can reminisce about their childhood while watching).
daredevil was kind of pushing it, i thought at first, but it turned out to be the best marvel comic adaptation i have yet to see. i mean, the chick dies, how risky is that in big budget happy hero flicks? it had realism and philosophy too (i'm not the bad guy).
i guess what i'm trying to say is that the comic movies are alright as long their done well.

DemonicGambit
One the chick didn't die! I feel like this is the 100th time I've said this. She lives on, she died in the comic and they brought her back, ~and~ she's getting her own movie called Elecktra, or so I've heard.

But she didn't DIE... sorry, I got a little frustrated there...

Rogue Jedi
i liked batman before the movies. they ruined it for me. daredevil too.

DemonicGambit
Batman was definitely a cool movie. I heard they wanna do another...I don't really like that idea. Leave him some dignity.

borgasm???
i know the CHICK comes back, but many in the audience don't which makes it somewhat powerful. especially powerful cuz it was in slo-mo.

blackicedragoon
Hey i enjoyed seeing daredevil not alot but a lil bit. I must say the hulk was extremely boring i was ticked off!!!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/tomcat.gif

DemonicGambit
why do we keep refering to her as, 'the chick'? Just wondering, not bugging me or anything. But she's left the necklace ~after~ she supposedly died? I think not!

And you poor fool, blackicedragoon. Once I found out the Hulk was being completely CG I walked away. Glad I did too.

borgasm???
the CHICK is nothing. just keeping a drop of consistency in my writing.
I liked the HULK, but I'm a patient person so BORING doesn't get to me. I was pissed off as well when I heard he was all CGI, but i don't mind CGI so much anymore, after LOTR proved it's not all bad.

Darth Vicious
Running out of comics! LOL, theyll never run out of comics, comic books charachter are created so often theyll never run out, theres so much material theyll never run out but i do believe it will run out of steam or some idiot director(Joel Schumacher(Batman & Robin)) will come along and mess everything up!

DemonicGambit
I seriously think that the sidekicks should get there own movies. Just for the hell of it. You know, like Young Justice, Teen Titans, X-Factor, and all those other teams.

Superman5452
If you like people to die in the movies. I think Bobby/iceman should die a huge painful pointless death in X3. And Gambit Introduced and they should give Rouge her powers (flight/super strangth)

DemonicGambit
Let me add onto that. A long painful and horrible death....I'm just venting cause Bobby kissed Rogue. Ggggrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

MaverickIce
They made Iceman look soooo stupid.... sad

scifigunslinger
I think it's time for us to get what we deserve. For years we wanted an X-Men movie, Daredevil, The Punisher, and Spider-Man. And a good Spidey movie, not like that stupid live-action show. They make the movies and get their money and we get to see our heroes come to life. A Fair Trade if you ask me.

Jason Wyngarde
no it think there good. man this is old.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.