What movie makes you feel good when you're down?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

preston mullins
I like to watch Trainspotting when I'm sort of depressed. smokin'

chico23
This is a no brainer for me...Holy Grail...it never gets old to me.

preston mullins
Holy Grail is one of the stoniest movies ever made. I love it.

turdmuppet
KUNG POW
FUNNIEST MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN

finti
none

G.P
Holy Grail big grin

Scoundrel
Dogma, Mallrats, Return of the Jedi, Transformers the movie, The Life of Brian, The Mupppet Movie...

BackFire349
i dont like watching movies when im down. usually ill throw on some south park or family guy. that stuff always makes me laugh.

Scoundrel
do you people here get depressed often???

BackFire349
not me. i was alot after my gf broke my heart. but now that im over that i rarely get sad.

finti
almost never depressed, except for when I am out of beer

mechmoggy
I don't have enough free time to be depressed.

Thats quite depressing I suppose.

finti
indeed, besides that you are a Villa fan.

mechmoggy
Thats only depressing for me on match-days, but things are good if B'ham City lose too. big grin

finti
like the excellent goal Bham made on Villa last season

Corran
Get drunk if you are depressed, it makes you forget.

mechmoggy
Forget what?.....hic.....

Corran
cheers have abother neer.

julibug
small amount of depressions once a month - hey, i am a female - large depression about every 2 or 3 summers for some unknown reason (should probably see a dr. about that) stick out tongue anyway, movie that helps? the back to the future movies, sense and sensibility, the harry potter movies, and there are others that i can't think of this early in the morning. btw, never seen the holy grail - must watch it sometime - as i seem to be obsessed w/things british!

Scoundrel
I always found sex to be a better cure...

Corran
Sex is good, but it's not as good as the real thing. wink

Scoundrel
You prefer coca cola to sex weird...

Corran
No I do not like coca cola, I was talking chocolate.

bigbadbike2
Hint. If you ever ge depressed do not watch any depressing movies. It amazes me how many people actually do that. Mostly girls. Music goes the same way. Go out with friends. If I do not lock myself away in my apartment and I go out with my friends, I have to try to be depressed. So go out, control your thoughts, and have fun.

julibug
oh, yeah, i like vampire movies when i'm depressed, too. dracula 2000, lost boys, etc.

LilySatine
Moulin Rouge makes me happybig grin Even though it does end tragically, it's quite amusing and the music is fun to sing along to!
Hmm...and my preciousss always makes me happy!

Slybaghouse
Happy Gilmore or Billy Madison will put a smile on my face everytime smile

BIG SMILES big grin

J_To_The_P
The Fast And The Furious (Who saw that coming?), Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Lost & Found, Die Another Day, and Liar Liar. cool

LilySatine
Liar Liar, as well! Oh, and Me, Myself and Irene! big grin

Kes
X-files always chears me up!

finti
No film can cheer me up, but some good ol Hale and Pace or Benny Hill do the trick

yerssot
Schindlers List, finti?

(oh, shouldn't have said that wink)

finti
they didnt ask for what makes me sleep now did they Yersie?

yerssot
sleeping makes people happy wink

G.P
Benny Hill... love thumb up
I loved his show when I was younger

finti
Well I still love his shows , hard to find on dvd though espesially here in Norway

G.P
I said 'loved' because I haven't watched one of his show for a while

julibug
another one to cheer me up is the princess bride.

finti
now that is a good movie...as you wish..damn must look for it on DVD

julibug
aaaaaas yooooouuuu wiiiiiiiiiiiish!

julibug
one that has recently grown on me is the 3rd of the austin powers movies. i didn't get into the first one much, and the 2nd one seemed a little better, but for some reason, i just really like the 3rd one!

finti
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Austin 2 and 3 are great, I love fat bastard he cracks me up.. also cool as a dutch man "its gettin a little thoight, thoight as a Thoiger"

julibug
yeah, mike meyers is funny. he's nearly the entire cast himself.

finti
he is very talented

julibug
i liked the snl cast when he was on there.

hey, where did you get your avvy?

finti
I searched for state flags , downloaded it and made an avvy of it in the profile area

Kes
whats an avvy?huh

finti

Kes
Ah. got it smile

julibug
????? confused

state flags? your avatar looks like vader/anni?

finti
I have that one too, but now it is Arkansas s state flag

finti
about the ani vader picture, I dont remember where I got it from but I used to have it as a desktop it is a very nice picture when it is large, if you want it just pm me and I mail it to you

julibug
just pm'd

ajax28
I like documentaries or nature shows when I'm really feeling down.
Any suggestions? - Not many actual movies out there that I found yet.

diegocala
Requiem for a Dream

ObieTrice 26
I know this may sound wierd but for sum reason, "8 Mile" always chears me up

G.P
Ajax28 => Winged Migration (Le Peuple Migrateur) by Jacques Perrin, 2002 (released in the US in 2003), a very beautiful documentary about birds...smilesmilesmile

julibug
oh, i can't believe i almost forgot this one - my cousin vinny. "what is a yute?"

cermiestar
people watch depresssing movies when they are depressed cos it makes them feel better about their own lives cos they think "jeez at least i'm not like so and so in the movie"

usapatriot
Superman, Braveheart, or Cheech and Chong's Up in Smoke

Tired Hiker
Yeah, I like to watch Trainspotting when I'm down because no matter what, my life isn't as F*cked up as those heroin freaks.

Celsius
That movie ROCKS!!!

"what do you get when you cross an owl and a bungee chord?" *slight pause* "MY ASS!!!" *laughs*

I pissed my self laughing when i was watching that!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.