I have dreamed a dream

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Moosh
When the Nebuchadnezzar is destroyed at the end of Reloaded, Morpheus says "I have dreamed a dream. Now that dream has come for me". The actual Nebuchadnezzar, a Babylonian king, said "I have dreamed a dream" as well, and his dream was a statue of a man getting crushed by a rock which cast its shadow over the whole world. I can't see how this really ties in with the Nebuchadnezzar being destroyed.

Sifer
Indeed I have already brought this up in another thread. The reference is on the back of the car which Trinity is driving during the car chase scene. It's license plate number is:

DA0203

But Morpheus actually says:

I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream has gone from me.

Metroplex
What do you mean by the license plate number?

nickjs21
Daniel ch. 2 verse 3, i think

Moosh
This makes even less sense

Sifer
Right here we go:

Morpheus says:

I have dreamed a dream and now that dream has gone from me.

In Daniel Chapter 2, Verse 3 it says:

And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit was troubled to know the dream.

Then in both verses 5 and 8 he says:

The thing has gone from me.

The Nebuchanezzar was in search for his dream while at the same time, Morpheus in Greek Mythology is the God of Dreams. It all fits nice and snug smile

Sifer
There is more to it, but I aint got time to explain it all...that will be done pretty soon with the reference/matrix facts I am writing.

nopy
Morpheous's statement is quite simple. He had a a vision of the war being over once the one had reached the source. this obviously did not happen. WHen Neo told him the prophecy was a lie it shattered him.

this statement by Morpheous is meant to show his severe anguish and loss of beleif in what he had thought to be the salvation of the human race. WHen the neb is destroyed he realises that the prolehcy was a lie and that the war will not be over, hence his 'vision or dream' of the future was false and he no longer expects it to ring true.

You guys are just over analysing it by reading number plates and stuff !!! ; confused roll eyes (sarcastic) smile smile eek!

Sifer
We are NOT over-analysing it at all, they are all put there for a reason m8. Do some analysing yourselves and you will be surprised as to what you will find.

Not to mention that King Nebuchanezzar was in great anguish because he couldnt find his dream smile That's the whole thing behind the Matrix, its bits and pieces from literally hundreds of different sources all put together into an amazing story.

CrazyShady
Dude thats deep Happy Dance Happy Dance

nEo1266
lol

Sifer
Them bananas are ****in hilarious!

halfrican
So you really want to know? Continue reading Chapter two of Daniel and you will find out about the dream. The dream is of a statue with a head of Gold, or torso or silver, a stomach and thighs of bronze, legs of iron and feet of iron and clay. In the dream a rock smashed the feet and thus the statue is destroied. The layers of the statue represent kings to follow Neb of Babylon and how they will not be as great as he was.

How does this fit in you ask? I'll take a shot!

The feet being a mix of iron and clay is both strong and weak. There are two layers, so to speak, but they are mingled together in some ways. Kind of like the machine world and the Matrix. Now here is where I got really philosophical about it...the previews for Revolutions mention that Neo is caught in a place between the two worlds. A place in which maybe they truely mix. So my guess is that it is there that the rock will strike and the statue will fall. smokin'

JediHDM
You know what, i disregarded what you said, at first, as i didnt think it through, but then i thought about it (more to disprove what you said more than anything) and i realized something...if the different parts of the body are parallels of the versions of the matrix (and i know there aren't the same number of each, but bear with me) then, it started off, well, perfect, according to the machines...as each iteration of the anomaly came about, the choice of humans caused the code of the matrix to become more and more buggy, distorted...then along comes Neo, the rock, breaks up the former kingdoms, and sets up a greater kingdom than before, one that endures...

Osiris
I have dreamed a dream and now that dream has gone from me.

means...

I believed in the prophecy, but alas!, it was a lie.

dragonpisces272
yup...I agree with osiris there, plain and very simple...big grin

ITALIAN926
Yea, you guys really get outve control with this super analyzing. Id like the W bros to agree with these things.

priestjim
OK, we'll call them here to take a look. mobile
Apart from its simple literal meaning, Morpheus's statement has a more complicated undermeaning. This undermeaning is for guys like us in forums like this smile

Cowboyography
so its a coincidence that the license plate refenced the bible, and its coincidence that the words Mobil appear behind Neo, its probably also a Coincidence that the Agents all wore suits that day huh.......Everything and i mean down to the last little detail was coordinated by the W bros.
No Coincidences, just Cause and Effect

forumcrew
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Theater/9175/neo/matrixnames.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.