The Archtech. is he really bound by perfection.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigbadbike2
If the Architech is actually bound by perfection, why could he not build the MAtrix without help. To be perfect he would have to be able to create the Matrix without any outside help.
If perfection is being without flaw, then the architech could not be bound by perfection.
Any comments on this?

Sifer
Because machines cannot think of anything that is apparently imperfect. Such as choice - Their minds are geared towards perfection of which a human world can never be due to our arrogance and need for destruction...make sense?

bigbadbike2
Yes I do understand what you are saying, however, that is not my point. If they cannot think of anything that is imperfect, does that not make them imperfect?

Ushgarak
He is perfect by their interpretation of what perfect is. Nothing is truly UNIVERSALLY perfect; that is not really the sense in which he meant it. His point is that he cannot create something endemically flawed because the things he creates are without flaw. That this, in itself, is a flaw is ironic but the way the Architect describes the problem as being 'bound' by his perfection is rather apt.

bigbadbike2
Again Ush, I agree. That is the conclusion I encountered. The final conclusion I would use to describe the architech position would be to say: We being human and imperfect can not understand the mind of the architech. Because his mind is on another level, metaphorically speaking, that we can not reach.
Oddly enough I would use the same argument in an attempt to understand the bible. If God is all powerful, can he create a rock that cannot be destroyed and then destroy it. The Answer: yes. How can he do that? Because he is not bound by the rules that our minds are bound to.
Although my thoughts on God do not apply to this thread, I hope this will give a better perspective on where I stand.

Kes
What I got from the God statment is that God is perfect, he can create and destroy anything,right?
The problem is the Architect is not God he is a machine.A learning machine capable of thought but only rational thought. What makes us imperfect is our emotions our irrational thoughts. The Architec says is perfect because he is not capable of those things. Therefor elimanating what is imperfect in humans. Does that make sence?huh

bigbadbike2
Yes. sad I hoping for more of a debate. Problem is I think we all agree.

Hey we think alike. big grin

Kes
big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.