mp3 huh? which-where-how to tell?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ajax28
In the news about suing downloaders...

OK, so if they said they "made efforts" to provide legal ways to pay for downloads... but how does a regular person who isn't so computer-savy find out what's what?

I saw many links to places that say " $0.99 per month" subscription, or .. well .. seems that each search engine has some sort of pay plan.. plus a bunch of media players -each with a paid subscription .... Yup, I'm confused! - how would I know which one works or if they just want your credit card to track you? .. and then, would I have to only play them on the computer with thier "player" ?

.. if it's available to make CD's with then it could be copied by the hundreds for selling? --which would defeat the whole idea of thier lawsuit! .. sooooo, how is this logical?

Basically , I'd like to know a site to download legally and pay by the song... but wonder how the whole stuff works. ... doesn't seem to make sense to me.

finti
they are after the distributers of mp3`s the ones with massive loads of mp3s. Though luck that the music industry in the US cant act outside thir countys borders. There are some free states in Europe and they cant touch them if they opperate from there.
I like to have the original stuff so if I want to hear songs of a goroup I download some songs from the album, if I like what I hear I buy the album and delete the downloads

BackFire349
thats exactly what i do too.

Catch 22
I only have stuff that I own, simply so I can jukebox a ton of tracks and play them all day long while I'm working and not have to worry about switching CD's

Most of mine are actually WMA, not MP3. Cut em straight out of Media Player.

diegocala
I download like a MF, but if I like the song I will buy the whole album

Tex
I have tons of CDs that I paid major benjamins for.
Most of my MP3s are live perfomances and rare bonus tracks!big grin

Dexx
there are sites to download legally and pay by the song, i just don't know them. BUT if you do want to be engulfed into the piracy world, sharing files softwares are the best to do it.....

Captain REX
There is a store that I heard about that does a thing where you can pay to make your own CD by downloading the songs and putting them on their CDs that they give you to burn. A dollar a song, and they cut you off if you come back too often or burn a bunch of copies of the same CD and the same songs or something like that. My dad made it sound more reasonable, and he was talking about it like 3 months ago, so it's not fresh in my mind.

Tex

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.