clone wars questions...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

krado7000
does anyone know how long the clone wars lastest?

and in what detail do u think we will see of them in episode 2?

JediOasis
Everything in the EU says they last for a VERY long time, but I don't see that happening. I don't think we will see a lot in EP2 but more in EP3. Of course, there is a story to be told so maybe a lot of the fighting will take place between films, but I hope that doesn't happen, I want to see General Kenobi in action.

Raz
I don't think they will start in Episode 2 either, they will more than likely begin in Episode 3, and probably won't see the end of war.
In Episode 2, we will see Palpatine manipulating the Senate into creating the clone army...

DarthBorgie
Thats all I need

COREWORLD
I think that the war will break out at the end of Episode II, with Anakin leaving as a young idealistic padawan and then we will return two years later, in Episode III to see the jedi ranks massively decimated and Anakin a battle scarred, war weary veteran about to enter the final climactic showdown on Alderaan.

Dim
I'm with CORE on this...it seems to me that if they have the war start at the end of EP2 then it would make the progression of "darkness" to EP3 even more dramatic.

Ratcat
I think they will still continue beyond Episode-III

Jedi Mercenary
same here, They end when Vader whacks all the jedi

DarthBorgie
I don't think so Merc. It will end when all the jedi fighting in the wars are dead, but not necassarily when all the jedi are dead. Besides, Vader won't end the clone wars, he can't kill all of the jedi that will be fighting, it just doesn't seem possible.

krado7000
apparently 10,000 jedi are killed but i cant see how this happens so quickly.

finti
I always belived the jedi`s and their ally`s where victorious in the clone war. But the war cost the jedi`s so much that they were in no shape to stand against Palpy and his "buddies", the empire,just waiting in the shadows for the war to end and then seize the day.

Ratcat
I thought that Vader was tasked with destroying the Jedi and that in the EU he only completed that task (Except for OB1 and Yoda) very close to the beginning of ANH.

JediOasis
Yeah, but thats EU. I am pretty sure that Lucas will want to tie-up all loose ends by the end of EP III. If he leaves some Jedi alive some authors will probably put them in the remaining books.

Ratcat
Yeah, but I thought that particulat bit of EU was based on a treatment by Lucas???

krautrocker
I think the clone wars will start at end of episode 2 , and the end of them will occur near the start of episode 3 , right just before anakins turn. doesn't OBi-wan describe anakin as a hero of the clone wars to luke in ANH? This implies they must end before anakins turn. I can imagine the opening scrawl of episode 3 being something like' the clone wars are almost at an end, the jedi are close yto victory but at a great cost etc etc etc)

finti
I`ll buy that one KR, sounds good.smile

COREWORLD
this is an interesting passage which i found at the beginning of SW:Technical journal of the Imperial Forces, under the heading, "A brief history of the Empire":
"The jedi were systematically hunted down and summarily executed. The jedi found themselves being abandoned, betrayed and even murdered by those whom they had protected for so long."
I believe that Palpatine will somehow, after the Clone Wars, turn the galaxy against the jedi and have them branded as dangerous outcast's, with Darth Vader probably betraying and then killing the high council members.

queeq
That's right I think. That would explain why so many got killed off in relatively a few years. They might even get bounty hunters killing them off. This is where Aurra Sing may return. But that can only work if Jedi are generally considered to be a menace. Another Palpy mind trick.

COREWORLD
Queeq, yeah that would give credence to a line which Jabba the Hutt had in ROTJ, that was ultimately excised:
"I was killing your kind when being a jedi meant something!"
It looks like it's gonna be open season on the Jedi come Episode III

finti
Bingo!!!!!!! But how do "ordinaries " manage to beat a jedi in battle. I always assumed you had to be strong with the force to overcome a jedi. Like Vader would be a predator to all jedi`s. How do you hunt a jedi whose ally is the force?

Ratcat
Yeah, but even a Jedi can't stand a blaster bolt in the back. With 10,000 Jedi adn 100,000's of cloned troopers it is likely that the Jedi would be defeated.

finti
10 to 1 scenario, well Luke held more than 10 people at bay out in the dune sea in ROTJ. And qui-gon and obi-wan reflected bolts back to the one who fired them. Imagine what 10 000 jedi`s could do using the force and all. 100 000 is a lot but they woul loose manpower very fast, at least in an open battle.

krautrocker
maybe the sith lords blow up the jedi temple ?? that would kick the ass of most of the council, and send the order into a panic.

COREWORLD
Yeah,exactly the same as what happened when the Emporer was killed in ROTJ and the Empire fell to pieces.

Ratcat
I think the Jedi are stronger than that. To say they would fall to pieces if the council didn't exist is both silly and naive.

There must be many more Jedi like OB1 and QGJ who could quite capably step up and take there place. Remember QGJ was almost a council member.

Yerial Poof
no expression I dont know. the Counsil must control a lot of the major actions of The Jedi but I think The Council will exist into Episode 3 just in a different state then we saw in Episode I but maybe they will be smaller in the beggining of Episode 3.smile

JediOasis
Obviously, a lot of Jedi die during the Clone Wars. I imagine that Vader and Palpatine destroy the most powerful(Mace Windu among them). But what about all the little Jedi Padawans? Will Palpatine just blow up the Temple with all of them inside?

finti
Do you think Palpy would hesitate if he could give the jedi`s a devestating blow. He dont care if there are childrens there, he let his "officers" blow up an entire planet.

JediOasis
I don't doubt that Palpy would have no second thoughts or anything, but I was just wondering if the little Padawans are always in the Temple. I'd imagine they are just so that the outside world couldn't effect them as much. I just think it'll be tough to kill off all 10,000 Jedi in the next 2 films.

Dim
I would think that only the very youngest would be kept inside..after a certain age it would seem that part of the training would include dealing other outsiders and getting to know various cultures through experience.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.