Just a little request from the Moderators...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UnknownBountyHunter
Well me and Dim just had a chat and we think its time to button down on the side conversations. Its just that too many topics seem to get off topic too fast. This is pointed at everybody, so I don't want any ONE person to be offended. Just try to stay on topic guys, alright? wink

Regards,

-The Files of Dim and UBH (Part I)

finti
I totally agree, since Im new to the board I was surprised how my introduction got off. Nice to be noticed though.
Come on lets keep it within the topics, at least try.

Who I am I to lecture anyone!!!

theEviljedi
It's just like what your signiture says-It is unavoidable, it is your destinylaughing out loud

finti
ok ej your online. Remeber its GL signature not mine, but it`s a good one though.
At this hour you must be a yank.??? Louisianna???
Well I used to live in Arkansas, me and Bill the Main MAn

theEviljedi
A Yank...As in Yankee?

finti
Yes a Yank as in Yankee

theEviljedi
I was born a Yankee but have lived down south since 91'.

UnknownBountyHunter
*AHEM* This isn't the right topic to do that! mad

Please...stay on topic smile

theEviljedi
I did that on purpose, UBH. I surprised you just now found out.laughing out loud

UnknownBountyHunter
Sure EJ, whatever roll eyes (sarcastic) Back on subject NOW...smile I don't want to be harsh.

theEviljedi
But moderators must. Opps...I did it again.laughing out loud

queeq
Boy, staying on topic will make the GDF very boring. Let us know when you're on holiday, UBH. We can handle Dim. laughing out loud \

queeq abides

UnknownBountyHunter
Queeq a forum isn't for dinky side convo's that why you can get back on ICQ or AIM or MSN, whatever one you have. And its not very bright to admit to side-stepping a mod's rule right on a public forum.

Dim
Are we going to have to seperate you two? roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq, I if you want to talk about something silly...just make a topic for it...this is GDF afterall..

queeq
I don't have any of that. Come on, UBH, lighten up. It's only a forum. Please don't pull rank on me, it does not become you.

Hmmm, a separate thread... something like "The GDF Ultimately silly-nothing's off topic thread".... great idea. I'm sure it will have many sons, grandsons, nephews, cousins etc. laughing out loud

queeq abides...anyway

Gundark
Ummmm...stay on topic.....mmmmm..okay, I'll stay on topic.
To commment on the topic.....uh....okay. Stay on topic. Got it !!! stick out tongue

UnknownBountyHunter
I guess queeq can make one of those topics if he wishes, at Raz's consent of course. And the limit on that topic only will be allowed to exceed 100 because his little comment is scaring me. Silly Post hand-downs with generations are not needed. But as a small request, my temper is hanging on a thread right now with the whole KingJedi thing, so please (Gundie, Queeq, EvilJedi) don't yank it down to where I explode. Thank you.

queeq
I'll wait a little until things cool off. And Gundy's going to be your hostess on the thread. Right, Gundy? Drinks and food included. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Gundark
Large quantities of adult alcoholic beverages highly recommended for today. smile

UBH, I promise I will behave. (Gundark drops lightsaber hilt on floor, kicks it under the bed) sad

queeq
On my future thread I prefer you do NOT behave. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Gundark
queeq, in case you didn't notice, UBH used my name and I don't wanna make him use it again. I promised to behave. sad

Darth Daft
Personally I don't think we come off topic THAT much. I think that it makes it much more of friendly community if we have a chance to slightly change the conversation while on GDF, while still staying along the basic lines of the original topic. I mean after a while there's not much more to say, apart from stuff about something slightly off topic. Soz, I ain't really making much sense here.
But still, I shall do my best to stay on topic if that is indeed what you want.

queeq
My, have we gone dull of a sudden. *sigh* So be it. Chicken anyone?

queeq abides

Darth Daft
I would have some, it's just that unfortunately we're not allowed to come off topic.

<Darth Daft sighs as he has to go without chicken>

Jedi Mercenary
Thank God, I've been thinking about this for a long time!!

UnknownBountyHunter
Jedi Merc your back!!! smile Sorry Gundie if I offended you, I am just upset with this whole KJ vs. Beal vs. EJ thing right now. I am a lot less steamed right now, I am not mad at you, so don't think that, if it wasn't for your cheeriness I would have killed someone! (Not really, I dont kill people...big grin )

Dim
Yeah..UBH wouldn't hurt a fly smile

Jedi Mercenary
IM blad this happened

queeq
Well, you scared ME, UBH. no expression

queeq abides... with extreme prejudice laughing out loud

Gundark
Thanks, UBH..you made me feel a lot better. smile

Merc, I'm sure you meant glad and not blad, and if I irritated you in any way, I apologize. sad

queeq
Gundy's turned humble.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH eek!

queeq abides (but it's not easy)

Ratcat
Hmmm, well you point is well seen, within the main bulk of the forum. However, in the GDF I understood that we did as the title described and had General Discussions.

In the rest of the forums I think UNH is right and, as one of the main offenders, I will commit to stay on track else where. But in here I think we should be able to let off a little steam.

Dim
I agree..I think the only thing we need to watch in the GDF is the habit of running every topic up to 100..if you find the thread getting off track and you want to continue talking along different topic lines just open a new topic..that way we don't end up have to lock every topic and it will be easier to find if it's in a title that makes sense. smile

Gundark
Okay...DD open yourself a little chicken shack topic. laughing out loud

Ratcat
That point is conceded Dim, when a thread comprises of something that is OT in the GDF, just start a new thread. The idea of just waffling to get a thread to one hundred is rather silly. Conversely though, if a thread is ongoing ontopic for 100 posts, should it be closed or should it be allowed to continue???

queeq
I like 100. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Darth Daft
I personally think that as long as everyone is still on topic it should be able to go past 100 posts and carry on until there is little else to talk about. Of course, perhaps making "son of" topics works better, I don't know.

queeq
I like 100+. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Gundark
queeq is obviously having a left brain/right brain problem. laughing out loud

queeq
I'm not as smart as you. sad Sorry.

queeq abides (in ignorance)

Gundark
Maybe we should stick to the 100 post limit, cause sometimes I go back and re-read things to check what was posted before I post so I only look like half an idiot instead of a complete one. stick out tongue And I wouldn't like having to re-read 12 or 15 pages of posts. IMHO OC. smile

Ratcat
Even at 100 posts if you're trying to find a particular comment within a post it can take a while.

100 does seem good.

Also, let's remember that the GDF was put here by RAz (God bless him) for a reason and that was to curtail all the off topic stuff a dngeneral stuff into one area.

If we continue to post off topic in the rest of the forum it makes a mockery of the GDF concept.

Gundark
Well said, RC. smile

queeq
Aye, Aye. Well said. RC for Chancellor!!

queeq abides

Darth Daft
Erm....... ok....... but........... erm......... well......... there's something I need to ask........ erm...... CAN I STILL EAT MY CHICKEN WHILE AT THE FORUM?!?!?!?

queeq
I put forward the motion that DD can ALWAYS eat his chicken anywhere anytime. It's part of his personality, not part of his debating abilities.

Anyone who seconds the motion say AYE: AYE!

queeq abides

Ratcat
I guess so, just eat it quietly!

Dim
And if you're going to actively discuss it..we need a chicken topic laughing out loud

Gundark
And Dim made a chicken topic...just for you DD. What more could you ask of a woman?? laughing out loud laughing out loud

finti
Gundark! You dont want to know what more I could ask from a woman!!!!!smile

queeq
Errrr... no we don't finti. laughing out loud

And Gundy can actually make a great chicken. Yamyam.

queeq abides

Gundark
I guess you could ask a woman to pick up some beef jerky at the store for you, finti, but beyond that...hmmmm..oh nerts, I'm off topic again...laughing out loud

To comment on the topic...yes, we need to respect the mods requests by not posting silly things like Gundark constantly does. Yeesh. laughing out loud

Dim
Well...I can think of some other things...but my mind's always in the gutter laughing out loud

Okay...back on topic...any other suggestions on how to keep a more orderly board?

queeq
More orderly? With a gutter mod?

I've always followed the example of Gundark, who was here long before me. Of course, the circle is now complete and I am the master, but that's besides the point.

queeq abides

finti
And off topic again, well it`s just elementary my dear queeq.
<finti refills his be....verage>

Ratcat
Well, I think that the message has been read and understood by all. To maintain this thread as open is just going to work to its detremant as some of the previous posts in this thread have already demostrated.

Can I respective request that the mods pull the plug on this one early?

Gundark
I move for a vote of....CONFIDENCE...in RC's request. laughing out loud

Ratcat
I rest my case. laughing out loud

queeq
Traitors! All of you! laughing out loud

queeq abides

Ratcat
Ya big baby!

queeq
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

queeq abides

Ratcat
Ya know, sometimes I think you nmight not be taking this very seriously....

Gundark
At least I am, RC...I'm not a little crying baby sith. laughing out loud

(Gundark puts on best behavior cap smile )

finti
And queeq is left with the dunce hat!!
(raw norwegian laughter as finti goes into his darkest of moods.)evil face

queeq
It's a durty job and since there are no wookiees around, someone has to do it. Feel free to take over.

queeq abides

finti
I have under the postings select pic #28. smile

queeq
You make me feel very proud. laughing out loud

queeq abides

UnknownBountyHunter
I don't know why this is still going, it was more of a bulletin than a discussion post. Post closed! smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.