Matrix/Terminator Crossover

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

santiago79
Here's something to think about....with no solid time line given for the matrix in the "real world" outside of the matrix....who's to say that maybe the matrix is the end result of the AI from the terminator series taking over humanity and harvesting humans for battery power....if you really think about it it's a feasible idea.....maybe someone could talk warner bros into making this a movie because i myself think it would be awesome...let me know your opinions....

AsthmaticZero
Maybe they do not give us a 'solid' timeframe, but Morpheus does tell Neo in M1 that, "it is actually closer to the year 2199" (I believe). In the Terminator series, the parts that occur in the movies timeline are supposed to take place in the present day, and the 'future' segements clearly show that John Conner is still alive when the Machines are being beaten. That is why the machines originally send the Terminator to our time, to kill John Conner before he is born. If he is still alive in their 'future', it can be assumed that 2000 years have not passed. Thus, it would make no sense that the machines would carry on to 'create the Matrix', because they are being destroyed in the future, and use time-travel as a last ditch effort, and fail at destroying him. Happy?

masterofmatrix
whimp

nickjs21
masterofmatrix, you're a nerd. say something besides little put-down phrases and "i know all" once in a while. it would do wonders for your reputation.

well, i just saw a midnight showing of t2 last night and t1 the week before, so it's all fresh in my head. the future state in terminator when skynet (the AI) is defeated and sends the terminators back in time is 2029. so no, it doesn't really fit.

but there are a good number of parallels between the matrix and terminator series. mainly, that machines rule the future -- and that man created what would end up destroying him. then there's neo and john connor, two innocent and naive young men that have no idea the huge role they have yet to play in the destruction of the machines. you could compare the demeanor/screen presence of the agents with that of the t-1000. in both movies the good guys fight a lot of cops, even though the cops aren't really "bad guys." but the absolute biggest comparison you can find between the matrix and the terminator is . . . both main characters (keanu, arnold) deliever their lines as if they are machines.

Metroplex
Well the war that occured between the robots and humans in Terminator was held back several years because of what happened in T2 so it might be a possibility.

chica16
that's an interesting theory

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.