star wars VII, IIX, IX?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robincooper
I would just like to ask if anyone else as heard that lucas has decide to make starwars 7,8 and 9 after he finishes three? i would apreciate any rumors or input on this subject coz i have heard that it will be a new rise of evil and luke will turn to the dark side if anyone knows anything please reply....

robin big grin

yerssot
there are a lot of forums here dealing with starwars, you should check them out, I'm pretty sure there are a few threads about that

and to answer your question:
NO! he said on numerous occasions that he WON*T make ANY new starwars movies!
he had that idea around 1975 if I'm not mistaken, that's almost 30 years ago, and the story he had for that can't take place anymore

EDIT: it's VIII and not IIX wink

robincooper
thanks i'll check it out! big grin

BackFire349
he's so money hungry, i wouldnt be surprised if it does.

Rave
He's not going to.He said so in an interveiw for Star Wars Insider I think.I think he ran out or ideas.Just look at ep II and you'll see what I mean.

glenn
Nah. Thats just taken it too far because the charaters from 4, 5 and 6 are much older now.

yerssot
he's telling his story, with his OWN money, Fox only gets a small part for distribuion, and if you don't like it, don't watch it , easy as that

robincooper
i bet he's lieing just to build up suspense...and surprise everyone ninja

Thomas H
move this one!!!!!

Mujaffa
far away!!!!!!!!

skule
Nah i read Lucas will be done after the next Star Wars, good thing too, i dont want them milking it more than they already have!

robincooper
i agre...

Slybaghouse
I've learned to never say never, no matter what anyone says

sean connery said he would never play bond again
michael jordan retired twice
and you can go on and on and on

spideyfreak88
i hope he doesn't make a new one. how long it takes to make them he'll probably die before all three get done and we'll be in suspense for the rest of our lives alien

robincooper
i heard anyway that the whole star wars saga (origonaly called the story of mace windu) was all written at the same time... snd aperentley there was a 7,8 and nine included, but the story is just so changed from its origonal form that i don't know if i will do it or not!

skule
Dude i dont want Star Wars becoming ridiculos like Robocop 5 etc or something. I hope Ep3 is the last one, quit while your ahead Lucas!

yerssot
again,
there is no need to panick or anything
as said on numerous occasions Lucas said it will be 6 movies, nothing more, nothing less

skule
Sadly even if it is the last one, i forsee some wanna be director wanting to make Star Wars a new begining or something in the year 2017. Once Lucas has kicked the bucket though.

yerssot
it's his "invention" and he already said no-one is allowed to touch it

Kes
Maybe a tv series?! (don't shot)

skule
hopefully... who knows if we have property rights in the year 2016 anymore !

Ushgarak
Oh, well, the future is a big place, of course.

I often wondered if, 50 years down the line, someone tries a re-make, instead of making new films.

skule
a remake of Star Wars??

yerssot
then they can finally get a GOOD rancor-scene big grin

skule
hrmm dunno about remaking star wars really, they could remake ep1 and remove jar jar now that i would definatly want smile

Kes
I liked jar jar. why does everybody hate him?

yerssot
because he was a more comical character and people like to bash the movie because of that

imho, he wasn't the highlight and he wasn't the worse character around and more importantly:
the movie has been made 4 years ago, and I stopped nagging about it!

skule
Jar Jar was put in by lucas for the child element for kids to like the movie, however as an adult who grew up with the originals and was waiting for the 3 new ones and saw that irritating CGI charecter on screen infuriating me...ok yeah i will stop nagging about him too!

Kes
lol I thought he was funny! Star wars saga is full of stupid aliens, one more wont make a difference stick out tongue

skule
yeah but jar jar talked to much, at lease chewy just grunted here and there in the original. smile

yerssot
the original movies are childmovies too you know

Kes
laughing out loud The children just grew up stick out tongue

skule
yeh but i was a child then so i didnt have much to complain about laughing

Kes
lol What aboup 3po? Man thats annoing stick out tongue

skule
hey 3po was smart ok! Dont insult him!!! "oh no feels like i am 5 again arguing in the school yard" blink

yerssot
and then you say the PT is for children?

skule
pt?

yerssot
Prequel Trilogy, the three new movies

skule
oh k , uhm i never said the trilogy was for children??

yerssot
Jar Jar in the movie for kids + you don't like him

skule
i said Lucas put the Jar Jar charecter in to gain new fans ie the kids element and yes i didnt like jar jar, but i didnt say the triliogy was for kids, lucas downplayed jar jar in ep2 because a lot of fans didnt like the jar jar character.
Have you ever seen an animation done by a star wars fan of lucas and jar jar in a bar and lucas tells jar jar he is fired coz ppl dont like him??pretty funny.

yerssot
I don't know who people think Lucas downplayed jar jar in AOTC!
It's just not true, they hate him and then see less of him in AOTC and think they pulled it of!

skule
I saw less of him in in AOTC, and i was happy, end of story.

Kes
lol I think Lucas should have just left it the way it was stick out tongue With the 3 movies.

skule
could have been worse, like the nsync rumor sheesh...

Kes
well it wasn't nsync it was 98 degrees or whatever they're called.

Kes
He had like 20 years to do the prequels he should have done them sooner or not at all. Or just straigh I,II,III,IV,V,VI stick out tongue

yerssot
nope, twas nsync

Kes
No. In the movie. 98 degrees were there. Or so I read. I've seen images but I don't really know what they look like, so messed

skule
uhm no there was no 98 degress in there....the rumor was about noutofsync having cameos.

skule
The reason lucas started with ep 4 5 6 was when he pitched the movie idea to hollywood, he thought explaining 1 2 3 would make ppl loose interest so he jumped into 4 thinking it would captivate the audiences more. He always had plans to do 1 2 3 later.

Kes
Yeh but he put 98 insted. I think. In the batle seen at the end. They are jedis. I've seen pics. Cant remember where.
I know he always planed to do I,II and III but did he have to wait so long to do the others.The special effects have evolved so much that it looks like its after and not before. He could have atleast tonned(sp) it down.

yerssot
rumors kes
there are still people who think they see nsync members during the battle

skule
98 degress in the movie??? uhm never heard of that before. Lucas waited that long because he wanted to do a lot of things that the special effects of that time period could not do, i guess he always wanted to do the effects of the present time but obviously in 1977 he did what he could and for its time period ppl were atonished, heck i was smile However of course comparing them now it appears weird that ep 4 looks like an antique from ep 1.

Kes
yep thats what i dont like. To evolvedmessed
yerss i could swear i saw pics. well i'm probably wrong erm

Ushgarak
Whoa whoa whoa, guys, this is turning into a general Star Wars discussion and THAT sort of thing belongs in the dedicated Star Wars areas, thanks.

And yes, I meant re-make. Hollywood remakes all sorts of classic films from the past from Les Diaboliques to The Italian Job, so 50 years from now, why not Star Wars?

skule
heheh yeah to evolved, to much blue/green screen, i dunno about 98 degress i doubt it though, if it was it would have been all over the news, like the nysnc thing which thankfully did not happen.

Ushgarak
Whoa there, stop, finito, done, and so forth...

Kes
I think it was toned down because of the whole Nsync scandel. So eps VII,VIII and IX huh *have to keep Ush happy *

Ushgarak
Keeping me happy would have been NOT carrying on talking about what I asked you not to!

skule
lol

robincooper
LOL! smile

THE CRITIC
in 1975 lucas anounced he would make 20 and i repeat 20 starwars so yes he will make 7,8,9 and after that im not sure but they will never stop makin starwars lucas or not

skule
huh 20? Dude Vader dies in 6 where is the story gonna go?? Anyways that was 1975, now i dont hear him saying any thing about life after ep 3.

THE CRITIC
well he said that in 1975 he was going to make 20 of them ....

skule
hmmmm perhaps he meant a mini series.

THE CRITIC
nah i just think he had alot of confedince cuz he thought he could make that much out of it

Smllfry247
nope he is not going to

yerssot
totally wrong, the highest he ever intended was 12, which he dropped the next day already (figure of speech)

and again, he will NEVER make any more Star Wars episodes!

skule
never say never, it might happen...but i doubt it anyways.

Rogue Jedi
there will be no more. lucas knows to quit when he is ahead.

threepwood
why make starwars 7 8 9 i would prefer spin offs like the two ewok films, i love them movies i just wish id kept the videos i bet they are worth a fortune now. i wouldnt mind seeing a series of films about the addventures of Han and Chewbacca.

ragesRemorse
I dont understand how anyone can say george lucas is money hungary, and that he is milking the series. Anyone who says this has not very much sense. First off how can you say he is milking it? for 20 years now people have been begging and preying for this, or atleast more star wars movies. If Lucas was truely money hungary as many of you accuse him of being. He wouldnt have waited so long to continue the story. Of course he does take percentages off of everything that is star wars, but this is because star wars is his baby. He doesnt want anything star wars related being released that will tarnish it's reputation.

I do agree with many that these new installments are horrible, but i cant agree that he does this merly for money. He is doing it for the fans, the fans that he gives credit to all the time for star wars being what it is today.

yoda'seviltwin
there is going to be a starwars fan convention on september 13 in ohio tickets are 27 dollars george lucas is suppose to be there along with other stars of the movie ...... im sure as hell goin ... wut bout u all ?

Mandorallen
is this Dragon-con?

§P0oONY
Originally posted by yoda'seviltwin
there is going to be a starwars fan convention on september 13 in ohio tickets are 27 dollars george lucas is suppose to be there along with other stars of the movie ...... im sure as hell goin ... wut bout u all ?

Nope... unless you are willing to pay for a flight and convention ticket.

DeVi| D0do
Wow, this was a well needed bump...

no expression

miroku
this belongs in the star wars thread

miroku
Originally posted by yoda'seviltwin
there is going to be a starwars fan convention on september 13 in ohio tickets are 27 dollars george lucas is suppose to be there along with other stars of the movie ...... im sure as hell goin ... wut bout u all ? where in ohio

Cinemaddiction
Doesn't belong in SW, as there is no forum for all the movies combined, so please discuss them individually over there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.