was James a seeker or chaser?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VampVicious
think I've read in the phillosopher's stone dat he's a chaser.. altho in the movie, think it's mentioned dat he's a seeker.. (I dun have mah book rite naw..)
And I know dat in an interview, Rowling mentioned dat James is a chaser.
While in The Order of the Phoenix.. he's playin wid a snitch, which should mean he's a seeker, ait?! T__T

does neone know bout tis for sure?!

He a seeker I think it said that in 4rth or 3rd most likely 3rd and James is a bit stuck up but I like them him and sirius it was funny when they did those things to snape a little . But it was Funny when sirius said he bored and jame started pickingon snape for fun

VampVicious
yeah.. Snape's worst memory by far is my FAVORITE chapter of the book... I love the bond James, Sirius n Lupin have there...

well.. itz obvious why they're a bit stuck up.. I mean, they're all gorgeous n hot n smart, n they know it.. *giggles* well.. ya know those kind of ppl, ait?!
but dun u think it's better like dat?! I mean, I dun like when they're all perfect since they're really young, ya know?! all smart, really goodlooking, plus nice wid evrybody.. naw dat makes me sick!hehehe n dats unreal.. smile

Yah But they are really cool

Malfoy's chick
also in the 1st movie when Hermione showed Harry the trophy it had James as seeker and did you know that McGonnagal was also there too.

brookealicious6
He's a seeker! I don't think it even said in the first book..It just says he was a very good quidditch player (I just checked) But in the movie is says seeker, and it mentions it a few times in books 3,4,5!

Malfoy's chick
also how:

how James was catching the snitch in the 5th book

VampVicious
yeah.. i know.. but in the interview, Rowling said dat James was a chaser.. he could be both, as in was once seeker n chaser, in turn.. I'll post the link once I find where the interview was.

yeah.. I for sure noticed how the book naw is implying dat he's a seeker.

raven guardia
he's defintly a seeker

PadfootsPyrefly
No, he's a chaser. It say so in the books(cant remember which) and Rowling herself said so in an interveiw. The 1st movie was wrong, I guess. And just because James is playing with a snitch, doesn't mean that he's a seeker, guys.

Kitoky
Guys he was a seeker, the person in the books that was mentioned to be a chaser was Charlie Weasley.

RonzMyBoy
Every thing leads you to believe that he was a seeker, but on a web site my friend gave me to prove me wrong on this subject it says he's a chaser. http://www.hp-lexicon.org/james.html (Warning this site contains many spoilers to the 5th book!)

PadfootsPyrefly
I knew it! hahahaha! No, kidding. I'm not teasing anyone. But if you'd pay more attention, it would be clearer and we wouldn't of had to make RonzMyBoy go to all that trouble to find it ^^;;

Malfoy's chick
that doesn't mean he was a chaser, I mean, I've seen lots of sites that were wrong!

Linkalicious
i dunno which one he was but if he was a chaser then that sucks. Seekers rule...

shanie623
If JKR says in an interview that James was a chaser, then he is a chaser. Trust the author =) But Ive always been wondering about the snitch in the 5th book. Why else would he be playing with that snitch?

Candy
James was seeker, i am sure....

RonzMyBoy
Well in the 5th book when he's playing with the snitch... lets think you cant exactly play with a quaffle by yourself now can you?

Malfoy's chick
maybe we'll find out in future books. But if he is a chaser that sucks. And plus, in the 5th book it says James was catching it quickly and Peter was watching him in awe, does that prove something?

Elondra
To show off maybe

JRIndy
I was going to make James Chaser in my book, but I have decuded to change it to seeker. JKR works together with the moviemakers. Shouldn't she have told them not to put that part, where Hermione shows Harry the trophy, in? Anyway, he was probably good in both positions, so he might have switched...

airangel429
Actually I think we are going to find out that LILY was in fact a SEEKER.

I believe that James was a chaser. ALSO, in book 5 I believe that James was catching the snitch to IMPRESS Lily.

Luna150
james was definalty a seeker. But he might of started off as a chaser then when the seeker left school he tried out for that. JAMES WAS A SEEKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE WAS CATCHING THE SNITCH TO IMPRES LILLY WE NO BUT HE WAS VERY GOOD AT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

pip-foot
I think in the books it says he was a chaser and in the movies it says he's a seeker. So, i think he was a chaser, since thats what it said in book 2, but then in book 5 it looks more like he's a seeker with the hole snitch thing, so i'm unsure

airangel429
didn't JKR settle this in an interview stating that he WAS a chaser and that the movies messed it up saying he was a SEEKER.....

I think James was a chaser.

If Lily wasn't a seeker then maybe he was showing off and showing that he COULD catch a snitch even though that wasn't his position!!

JKR said we were supposed to find out some very IMPORTANT things out about Lily in book 6...so we'll see.... big grin

VampVicious
I'd definitelly fall for James (and Sirius )...
Can't wait to see them in the movie.. I sure hope they didnt omit this part while making the movie T__T

Trickster
Gryffindor hadn't won the cup since the legendary Charlie Weasley was seeker, we are told... I expect James was a seeker though... I'm sure Hagrid says something about it.

airangel429
No...it really does say he's a chaser. He rides his broom like his dad though................. I know in the 1st movie McGonnagol tells him about his dad playing quidditch and being a seeker....but I swore JKR said he was a chaser, she told of how the movie makers had muffed it up...so she straighted it out in an interview.

pixie1
maybe he played chaser in the first 4 years then switched to seeker in his owl year

airangel429
JKR said he was NEVER a seeker........ though Lily may have been. We don't know much about Lily AND we don't know how those two ended up together when she used to tell James to grow up and stuff....so maybe he impressed her with quiddtich by CATCHING the snitch..to prove that he could catch it...even though he was a chaser.

I'll have to find an interview and post it here...b/c she clearly states that the movie messed it up.

pixie1
lilly is a very mysterious character i would love to no more about her

airangel429
me too!

Candy
yeahm i thin we'll do in the next book...
if it really named green flame torch i am sure it ahs to do sumthing with harrys/lillys eyecolor...
they said they wanted daniel radcliffe wearing green contact linses... why would the do it if they even didnt make thze hair untidy?
so it have to be important....

Rachel Riddle
wink ya know form ur endless talks that i am thinking the very same thing...
i'm also REALLY inetrested in his parents....especially lily's side!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.