Why does HP and LOTR have to rival each other?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RemusLupin100
why does harry potter and lord of the rings have to be against each other?
cant we all just get along? lol. i personally dont think its acutally the people who make lord of the rings and harry potter and all those actors who rival each other i just think its the fans of course the ones that are a little bit nutty.
why does one have to be better than the other? i also think that the people who want the one they like to be better than the other is because of JELOUSY!!!!!! they probably just want the one they like to look good so they look good.

sorry if you have any inconvenice about this message.

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
ahhh! attack of the dancing banannas! run for your life!

beer <------- mmmmm butterbeer......

Metroplex
Since when were they rivals????

RemusLupin100
for your answer Metroplex (some) Harry Potter Fans think there better than LOTR (some) LOTR fans think there better than as what LOTR fans call: harry pothead
darn i wish i could come up with a name for LOTR when people insult HP infront of my face to me when im a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of it.
jeeze i dont make fun of LOTR.....yet but why do people have to say stuffs like that for no reason?

beer <---------- mmmmmm butterbeer..

RemusLupin100
just sitting here waiting for repiles....... whistle

RemusLupin100
waiting waiting la la la..... whistle

hpluva14
i dunno i think they shuldnt rival eachotha personally i dont care wut ne1 else thinks though does it honestly matter if peeps think 1s betta than tha otha

Remus Lupin
I totaly agree with RemusLupin100!!!!! you are soooo right!!! and you wanna know why i agree? cuz RemusLupin100 is me! me i tell you me! its just from my other computer!!! muhahahahha!!!

LilyGinnyBlack
I know what you mean Remus Lupin(100) LOTR fans always say how Harry Potter is like a watered-down version of Lord of the Rings!!! But it is not! They are two totally different stories! Yet, the Lord of the Rings fan's don't want to believe it, but most of them have never read Harry Potter so they have no right to say that!!! Yet, I LOVE Lord of the Rings, the book and the movies, and I also LOVE Harry Potter, both the books and movies, though I favor the books more!!! big grin

frootlooplucy
i love both! people say that harry potter is like lotr, and i think its true, but you cant seriously say that HP is the ONLY fantasy story that has lotr-ish qualities... and in the future other fantasy series are gonna have similarities to HP, and people will be complaining all over again. plus, HP has qualities simiar to many magic stories ive read, thats where everyone gets their own ideas from!! other people!!

ladygrim
i think its pretty crap that they are rivals .. uz to me most of the harry potter fans are also lotr fans too ... so it isnt us making it a competion
and also its to do with awards and money ... why cant people just like they movies for wat they were not how good they are against each other

ArrghPirateGirl
There rivals ??? blink

angelsflame265
ummm. . . we dropped this subject a while ago. . . .

Greenleaf_luver
alright then...back on the subject: I am a huge LOTR fan okay, but i don't diss Harry Potter. I think it is unfair to say that LOTR fans and Harry Potter fans rival each other. Not all of us do. I still love Harry Potter too.

ArrghPirateGirl
hmmmm....ok

ladygrim
most def ..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.