What is your opinion on the Law

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Yazmin
This man who lived in the middle of nowhere got burgled six times and on the seventh time he thought he was going to be attacked so he shot that man and obviously he died but the other two people ran away. When the man went to court he got sentenced forgot how long for but he's coming out next month. But the people who were burgling did not get sentenced or even fined and there was proof that they were burgling him!!!. I don't agree with them getting away with it do you think the man who were self defending should of been put in jail?. Basically I think some of the Law should be changed what is your opinion?

cermiestar
did he live in the uk?

G.P
Could you please explain the situation precisely ?

yerssot
same thing happening with the juwelers overhere, though after a few ..erm... animated discussions that one got free, and they're planning to change it

Yazmin
Yeah he lives in the U.K not to far away from me. Well this amn who lived in the middle of nowhere and he got burgled and he bought a gun and after the fifth time a amn was going to attack him so he shot him and he died the other two burglers ran away and later pressed charges against him. Then he was put in jail and they got away with it for burglering him!!.

Ushgarak
Is this Tony Martin you are talking of here, Yazmin?

G.P
sad

Yazmin
I dont know his name that could be him did the same thing happen to him?. Ushi you have a p.m

Ushgarak
Already answered! Well, if this is not Tony Martin the I do not really now...

Yazmin
But do you think he should of been put in jail for self-defence?

Ushgarak
No-one gets put in jail for self-defence! He was put in jail for murder. And remember, he was convicted by a jury of people like you and I after a fair trial. Yes, there were extenuating circumstances, but that is why his sentence was so lenient. It was still murder- he fired several times, with malice of forethought, into people fleeing from his home. That is not self-defence; he set an ambush with the intent of killing them!

Yazmin
Good point and we are talking about the same person I remenber now anf I agree with you isn't he supposed to be getting released next month?

julibug
sounds like something they would make a movie out of!

cermiestar
i think he should have gone to prison because he had a gun, and then he shot someone with te gun, which is the whole reason there IS gun ban in the UK

BackFire349
you should have the right to kill burgalurs in your house. if they dont wanna die then they just shouldnt steal shit. simple as that. i think thats pretty ridiculous especially if there is proof that they broke in and were robbing him. serves them right.

Metroplex
Im not sure if this is real, but it happened in the USA. A robber broke into a family's house, but tripped on something and broke his leg. The family heard him and called the police to arrest him. The robber then sued the family because he tripped and broke his leg by hitting something that belonged to the family. The burglar won the case and the family went bankrupt from giving their money to the robber.

Pretty weird.

Metroplex
And my opinion on the law is that anyone can get away with anything as long as they have a very very very very good lawyer. Example O.J Simpson. He got away with murder cuz of his lawyer... and possibly by bribing the jury. So i think that the law has many flaws and corruption.

Ushgarak
Burglers do not deserve to be shot DEAD, BF! No-one has that right. If it had been after a struggle there could be SOME justification but this was pre-planned murder.

G.P
He He! The Law is quite a difficult subject. You can make it say everything you want (and I know what I'm talking about)... So don't blame it !

*sings* "Don't blame it on the sunshine, don't blame it on moonlight, don't blame it on the good time, blame it on the Boogie" wink

BackFire349
they shouldnt be breaking into peoples houses. they do that knowing what consequences they are facing should the owner of the house have possesion of the gun. i have no sympathy for the stupid. i stand by my previous statement that they deserved what they got and if they didnt want to get shot. they shouldnt be burglarizing people.

diegocala
I am with BF, I am a gun toting homeowner, break in my house and you will be shot. I do agree that that guy in the above story was wrong in setting up an ambush and then trying to shoot the fleeing two. That you cannot do!

Celsius
too many ridiculus loopholes in the law.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.