I finally finished reading ROTK!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark_Queen
hi everyone again!

its DQ here, and i just wanted to share with all of you my delight and excitement in having(finally) finished reading ROTK today! now i dont have to avoid all the ROTK spolier forums ,which is a good thing!wink

its the best feeling ever having read the LOTR(even if its only my first time, and i havent read the hobbit embarrasment ) i m hoping that PJ does a bit of justice to ROTK and not change it too much...anyway thats another discussion altogether...lol

so how did u all find the LOTR books, and when did you read them, and how many times have u read them???!!!!

thanks 4 sharing!!!!c u in the LOTR forums

LilySatine
I haven't read the hobbit either, which sounds impossible for a fan like myself. roll eyes (sarcastic)
I'm in the midst of reading ROtK at the moment, in hopes of finishing it by the movie release. This would be my third time reading the trilogy. I read them for the first time about two years before Fellowship was released, so you could have imagined my excitement! I'm anxiously awaiting ROtK, in hopes as well that PJ does not change too much. smile

chica16
i like the hobbit... i read it after i read lotr though... and i'm so excited about ROTK!!!!!!!!!

Dark_Queen
wow! u havent read the hobbit Lily Satine!.i thought i was the only one.were u too excited like me and couldnt wait to read LOTR first??!!lol.so how is LOTR on a 3rd reading...i wish i had the time 2 read it again

ROTK will be so cool at the cinemas u guys..i just have a good feeling about this onesmile

Seraph
i read everything that complains the ring-story (the silmarillion, the hobbit, LOTR-Trilogy) at least ten times. CCCrrrrrraaaaaazzzzyyyyyyyy wink

Lady Ellie
I also haven't read the Hobbit. When Felowship of the Ring came out, it was the first time I heard about Tolkien and Lotr. First I wanted to read the books, and then watch the movie. The books are amazing!!! I never liked reading, untill now!!! I am going to read the books again ( as soon as possible.)
And Rotk is going to be (I hope so) fantastic! The third book was my favourite... so I have a good feeling about this one. I also love al those huge battles.

Arwen Undomiell
I have read and LOTR trilogy and hobbit. But first I read LOTR trilogy and just after that I read hobbit smile wink

aragorniscool45
the hobbit is kinda boring for me. but i just love lotr (DUH)

Rin
I've read everything.. The trilogy, the hobbit, the Silmarillion, all of the Histories of Middle-Earth.... a lot of Tolkien works. A lot of money and time and hours of sleep down the drain.

Fire
LOTR owns, as we already know since I dont have a book to bring with me on holis I'm gonna take my lotr with me smile

ilvorlandobloom
Im just starting the trilogy for the 2nd timebig grin ... theres a lot of things i forgot! they leave a lot out in the movie!

Dark_Queen
yeah! tell me about it...u dont really realise it until youve read the books(& even the books leading up to LOTR)

Tricky
Hay Dark Queen welcome! Reading LOTR changed my life! When I went on to read the hobbit and the Silmarillion, I realised how much Id been missing out on. Tolken I pure magic, I think it should be apart of the educational curriculum.

As for the the films I think PJ has done as good a job as he could, trying to put 500pgs in to a film must have been hell, not wanting to let all of us down ... I take my hat off to him!

I think that he should continue and do the hobbit as well! A beautiful story, that would open up a whole new world of LOTR. Read it to day it should only take you that long!!..hahaha! I could'nt put it down.!

Dark_Queen
well said Trickysmile welcome to this forum & i hope u enjoy yourself here
i am really wanting to read the hobbit(its definately not as long as LOTR hehe!).ill get around to it eventually,how was the silmarillion? thats about the history of the elves right?

Nefertite
I really want to read Hobbit. I took this book from library three times but I didn't read it at any time. You can think that I'm a little bit stupid but then I had things to do. big grin In spite of that I'm going to library soon and you know what book I'm taking from there? big grin Hobbit !

LanceWindu
I've read all the LOTR books except the Hobbit.

I found all of them real cheap at Wal-Mart after I saw TFOTR.

Sifer
If your a mad fan like me then read Silmarillion and all the History of Middle Earth. Gonna try and find The Adventures of Tom Bombadil in a shop soon. I must have read LOTR about 6 or 7 times now (I had read it quite a few times before the films were even concieved) and I am glad that you have read it smile

Read it again big grin

Dark_Queen
thankyou,im very glad that i finally read it(even while the movies were showing) you know i was thinking about the adventures of tom bombadil too and wondered if it is possible to find it ?! tell me if u do!!smile

Nefertite
Well, I would read Silmarillion and the History of Middle Earth, and Tom Bombadil but they are no these books in Lithuania's shop sad

Wow, 7 or 6 times you really have much time? roll eyes (sarcastic)

chica16
i'm currently reading a book called unfinished tales of numenor and middle-earth.... has anybody else read it?????

P-NuT
i have read somewhere about numenor and it is quite good. Its cool how the numenorians have longer lifespans (which apply to aragorn) and better physical attributes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.