What The Heck Do The Machines Do???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crash_Overload
Okay, so here is the deal.

In M1, agent Smith discribes to Morpheus that the humans are like viruses, they go to a place and spread. We get the impretion that he hates that, yet isn't that what the machines are doing? What is the MAchines Ultimate porpuse, We learned from the animatrix AND M1 that they use humans as their power sorce, but for what? power themselves, power the sentinals, they go after the human resistance to make themselves continue to manufacture ..... themselves, yet for what? help out with the human crops, to manufacture themselves to help out with the human crops to..... THEY are just like humans to Smith's eyes, the go to a place and spread....

If anyone can help me shead some light on this, please do !!!

nickjs21
their purpose is to exist. they were brought into creation, and so they see no reason to cease to be. harvesting humans and all that is just their means to stay alive.

you could argue the same point about humans, but it would get way too philosophical: what is our purpose? to grow, and reproduce new life . . . and then do what? to continue to grow, and reproduce . . . it's a cycle. we came into being, and so we want to continue to exist.

does that make sense? what i'm saying is, all the machines are doing is living.

UPEVIL
nickjs21 is right, I mean at the end the only propose is surviving at any cost.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.