EVERYTHInG THAt HAS A BEGINniNG HAS an END

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chica16
Found something interesting..... hehe

In the post for revolutions, Everything that has a beginning has an end, is written vertically in Caps. Except for ntnian.

Ok here goes another useless myth theory... sorry.

I did all I could to find out what this meant, but to no avail. Until I cut out the nt and just looked for Nian, here's what I found:

The Spring Festival is the grandest festival for the Chinese. The Spring Festival is also called "Nian", but who knows the term, Nian, was once the name of a furious monster that lived on human beings in the ancient time. How the Festival has some relationship with the monster lies in a story about the origin and development of the Spring Festival.

The legend says, long ago, there was a monster called Nian. It was born to be very ugly and ferocious, which looked like either dragons or unicorns. On the first and the 15th of each lunar month, the monster would come down from the mountains to hunt people. So people were very much afraid of it and locked their doors early before sunset on the days of its coming.

There lived an old wise man in a village. He thought it was the panic in people that made the monster so bold and furious. Thus the old man asked people to organize together and to conquer the monster by means of beating drums and gongs, burning bamboo, and lighting fireworks in purpose of making large noises to threaten the hateful monster. When he told people about the idea, everybody agreed on it.

At a moonless and freezing cold night, the monster, Nian, appeared again. The moment it opened its mouth at people, burst out the frightening noises and fire made by people, and wherever the monster went, it was forced to back off by the terrible noises. The monster couldn't stop running until he fell down with exhaustion. Then people jumped up and killed the evil monster. Savage as the monster was, he lost in the end under the efforts from the cooperation of people.

Since then, people have kept the tradition by beating drums and gongs, and lighting fireworks at the coldest day in winter to drive the imagined monsters away and to celebrate the victory over it. Today, Nian refers to the New Year's day or the Spring Festival. People often say Guo Nian, which means 'live the festival.' Furthermore, Nian also means the year. For an example, the Chinese often greet each other by saying Xin Nian Hao, which means Happy New Year! Xin means new and Hao means good.

-- Now you might be wondering about the NT, I too was confused, until I looked it up. One definition of NT is 'New Testament'

Considering the Brothers love of asian culture, and revolutions being the conclusion to the trilogy... I'm not surprised by this. Again, I'll wait for someone to post how this makes no sense because I draw reference from vague mythology....

Moosh
Could be an anagram of something. Normally I'd think that this was just a coincidence, but with the Wachowski bros...

SpikeSpiegel
like neo is an anagram for one

Sifer
Hrmmm I ThessaloNIANS - doubtful. But I am trying to combine those letters with the date. I somehow have a feeling that the date is meaningful. I know 5th November is Guy Fawkes night over here in the UK.

With that said, I have been looking around and have a found an interesting tidbit:-

This site http://thecapitalscot.com/pastfeatures/gfawkes.html] shows from the author's point of view that Pope Day/Guy Fawkes Night etc is linked with the American Revolution. Notice the word smile

A few other sites try and put across the same theory. I am gonna start looking into it more.

EDIT: Found a few things on this site also:

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_5

Sifer
Also, I wonder if the old rhyme has anything to do with it.

Remember, Remember the 5th of November,
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot

Not to mention that Guy Fawkes actually FAILED! Could this also be a hint. I really have no idea...I'm just looking into it smile and bringing back memories of when I was a kid big grin

chica16
who knows hehe!

CrazyShady
Chica, the letters that arent in CAPS are actually nhtnian yup 4got the h
fuggit

Nickydirtrider
hey chica that is very interesting on the whole festival thing,
but also look what comes up if you reverse it and type it backwards,
2 entries found.

From Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary

Nain
(from Heb. nain, "green pastures," "lovely"wink, the name of a town
near the gate of which Jesus raised to life a widow's son (Luke
7:11-17). It is identified with the village called Nein,
standing on the north-western slope of Jebel ed-Duhy (=the "hill
Moreh" = "Little hermon"wink, about 4 miles from Tabor and 25
southwest of Capernaum. At the foot of the slope on which it
stands is the great plain of Esdraelon.

This was the first miracle of raising the dead our Lord had
wrought, and it excited great awe and astonishment among the
people.

SO there is something else, but what could that mean?

Sifer
Nicely found smile

GABRIEL05
spike neo isn't just an anagram. Neo was also a person of mythology. (addressing general pop) You'll see that everyone "important" has names that have to do with their role in the matrix; Morpheus, trinity, Cypher, Even Agent smith if you look at it abstractly. However I can't seem to have forgoten Neo's meaning

jeez i was tired when i wrote that

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah i know but it can't just be coincidence that it is also an anagram for the one they probably chose it for both reasons.

Sifer
Everything has a purpose!

I don't see coincidence - I see providence, I see purpose smile

Korri
kool

surgeon
EVERYTHInG ThAt HAS A BEGINniNG HAS an END
DNE na SAH GNinNIGEB A SAH tAhT GnIHTYREVE

Now wherever there's a lower case letter in the top line take the letter right below it and you get.

ANNTATY

according to acronym finder ANNT stands for Artificial Neural Network Technology

I dunno about the ATY but this is crazy

Verity
If these r not coincidences....boy did the Wachowski's spend a long time figuring out all sorts of cultures to get us going , huh?? confused

SiriusBlackRIP
You are so right. God bless those Wach's. I mean honestly what other film could we sit here for hours on end attempting to find meaning of the hundreds of hidden references within this movie.

Sifer
Here Here!

nickjs21
while i concede that almost everything has a deeper meaning . . . that "anntaty" thing is an incredibly big stretch.

The Omega

JediHDM
Okay, if you take the entire phrase, and remove the spaces, like biblical Hebrew, then place right under it the reverse, you get this:

EVERYTHInGThAtHASABEGIniNGHASanEND
DNEnaSAHGNinIGEBASAHtAhTGnIHTYREVE

This gives us rything.
If we take the end of everything (rything) we are left with the BEGINNING, EVE.

JediHDM
Im not sure how or what that means, but right now im laughing and scared at the same time... Its a riddle, just like everything else...But who is EVE? and how does she fit in? God that must have taken some time to create.

JediHDM
Perhaps, EVE was the first AI, the female machine holding the apple in II Renaissance, the "intuitive program" the archie was talking about... That would mean, biblically, CAIN and ABEL are their children (the programs that work for Mero...Perhaps Neo meets her, perhaps she is still alive, and she holds the key to the future, the "end".

SimplePriest
jediHDM > Honestly dude, you amaze me. Good find. Correction, Great find! I'ma keep digging to see if anything else pops out of this riddle

SimplePriest
Note that EVE is directly over the letters for END. Just another level of connection with EVE and END. hmmm

tshirt
I really hate to send some people down a fruitless path, but why does it have to be the lowercase letters that are important? Couldn't it be the upper case letters that mean something? Spell something when rearranged?

audioheem
this is all very interesting

Korri
yup big grin

burlyman
on page 1 ppl were sayin about the meaning of 'neo' briefly

neo is also an anagram for eon:
1. An indefinitely long period of time; an age. 'the emergence of one anomaly to the next'
2. (Gnostic Philos.) One of the embodiments of the divine attributes of the Eternal Being.

Among the higher ons are Mind, Reason, Power, Truth, and Life. --Am. Cyc.
Note: Eons were considered to be emanations sent forth by God from the depths of His grand solitude to fulfill various functions in the material and spiritual universe.
also ~ a divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe

SimplePriest
I think any idea is worth trying out. If anyone has an idea of what to do next or different ways to decode all this, please share them in this thread. I'm sure if we put all our minds together we can get somewhere on this. smile

SpikeSpiegel
also an anagram for one

burlyman
note my 'also an anagram for' smile

SpikeSpiegel
miffed spoilsport

JediHDM
i was thinking, and i came up with this:

Morpheus tells us "humanity was joined together in happiness over the birth of AI...A singular consciousness that spawned an entire race of machines". I think EVE is the original AI, the creator of all other AI, the SOURCE. EVE was the "beginning" of the AI, therefore the beginning of the Matrix. In II renaissance, she is the one that approaches the UN council, WITH AN APPLE... I think EVE is also the key to the end of the Matrix, that NEO and EVE must unite, to stop SMITH. EVE is the beginning and the end...

hodgie723
interesting, but you know what i think? i think that the the wach. bros maybe just put those lower case letters there just to see people like us find a deeper meaning to it. mayeb there is a deeper meaning, maybe there isn't.

JediHDM
you think its an accident that it says EVE? or that somehow the Wachowski bros. would do something like that to throw us off, when the entire idea behind finding the hidden stuff on the website is similar to the thinking needed to find EVE? i dont think so, the wachowskis are pretty straightforward when it comes to stuff like this. After all, they want people to use their minds, why not put them to use?

The Omega

Teunis

JediHDM
perhaps the SPEAK machine is a last defense, kinda like the Archie before the Source. Perhaps Neo must enter through/past the SPEAK machine to meet EVE. Also, men in power have this tendency to name/make thier pride and joy female names (ie cars, planes, boats, etc.) so it makes sense that the first AI would be female. It also seems that if EVE were the first AI, the "mother" of the machines, then she would have a connection to the other machines and that she is the SOURCE of the machines and thier AI.

Teunis> very nice, how'd you do that sig?

General Kaliero
Or perhaps you took that just a BIT too far...

"End of everything."

fitting, if it's the destruction of the Matrix...

Also, rearrange the letters in Neo to get NOE, the ACTUAL spelling of Noah.

Easy to see that Neo is meant to lead the people into a new, "cleansed" age...

icon
i think you all are kind of over viewing it. perhaps the matrix coding is starting to get buggy cuz of smith. you saw in the trailers how one of the operators screens started to trip out. wink

SpikeSpiegel
So Neo = One
Noe
Eon

General Kaliero
And it means "new." Don't forget that. THAT'S the MOST important one.

Neo Anderson

Neo Andros + son

Neo Man +son

Neo Son of Man

New Son of Man

JESUS

big grin

hodgie723
thats a stretch general. good theory, but a stretch.

SimplePriest
Hmmm. I JUST remembered this as I was sitting here. For those of you that have played Enter the Matrix you'll probably remember the scene where smith catches up with your character in the Corridor.
They then say:

Smith : Damn. Not who I was hoping for. But perhaps you can help me find him?
Niobe : You're an Agent?
Smith : Oh no, no. Not any more.
Niobe : Then what are you?
Smith : Me? I suppose you could say I am the Alpha...

-Another Smith enters-

Smith2 : Of your Omega.

-Another Smith enters-

Smith3 : I am the beginning...

-Another Smith enters-

Smith4 : Of your end.

Ok, we also know that the Oracle is the one to say "everything that has a beginning has an end." Sooo... does anyone think these are supposed to be connected. I don't really know if they are or aren't, but I figured I would throw it out here at the forum and see what you guys make of it. Maybe nothing. Anyways, there it is. May the brainstorming commence. wink

icon
well it obvoiusly is. there smile happy?

SimplePriest
icon> yes smile

But I will be happier in 49 days!!

icon
Who wont? stop saying numbers, 5 weeks sounds much shorter...

JediHDM
Icon> in case you hadn't noticed, 5 weeks is STILL a number...

SimplePriest> Perhaps, there is a connection, but i will have to noodle with it a while, i cant see anything right off the bat...

SimplePriest
Icon> Just 4 your in4mation, 49 days wouldn't equal 5 weeks anyways smile
that would be 35 days. But seeing as it's 49 days, that would mean 7 weeks. But who's counting smile
Just wanted 2 throw that out there.

JediHDM
HAHAHAHAHAHA... big grin

icon
geeze cant you people see that i was just throwing it out there. i didnt exactly count it out. relax. and i meant 49 days seems a lot longer then <b>7</b> weeks! BETTER? miffed

joeboy
cause the end of the entire matrix is at hand.
Smith is the alpha. And he needs neo to help. and neo know it to.

SpikeSpiegel
To put things in bold italics etc its not < or >.

SimplePriest
hey icon, I'm sorry dude. I was just joking around. Yeah I actually knew you were playing around.

The Omega

icon
what i think teh cataclysmic crash is like a buffer of the rebelous people, ergo the rebels who are freed. When i say buffer, i mean like this. Say your making a program, and you set a variable named A to count how many times it runs. Eventually, A will become so large that it takes up too much free space, and causes a crash in the program. At least, thats what it sounds like what the Architect was talkin about. Sorry if you cant understand what i'm saying, got a migrane sad

10goto10
Not to shake up all the fine riddling, but it could just be a play on the Episode I tagline: "Every saga has a beginning..."

Maybe the Wachowskis are hinting about how they're blowing away the prequel movies. big grin

JediHDM
no, because the rebels are killed...the buffer is cleaned out, but the crash is still imminent...

10goto10> it is possible, but, like i said, "purpose, everything has a purpose..."

The Omega

JediHDM
Thats my point, the Archie is lying...

The Omega

JediHDM
im not basing the fact that everyone has purpose on whether Archie lies or not, i am stating purpose on the fact that i have seen this purpose in action, with Trinity entering the matrix at the cost of her life.

Sifer
You don't choose to fall in love. It just happens.

Causality.

priestjim
Love is something the machine does not understand. It can see the chemical reactions but not further. It cannot see the CAUSE that is creating love, creating these chemical reactions, it cannot see in the soul of a human being. That is why the machines have the 0,00001% failure. That is why the One program exists (another measure of control). That is why we cannot predict what exactly is going to happen on Revolutions. There is another non-mathematical factor that prevents us from forming accurate predictions : the human soul.

Sifer
w00t - ur onto it priestjim - have you read my latest thread yet?

"It Begins - Spoiler Warning"

Think about soul and spirit and think about the flying orange squiddie thing smile

droopy1592
Neo and Smith are in Cohoots!

The Omega

JediHDM
but thats the same thing...if trinity enters the matrix because she no longer has free will, then there must be purpose determining her actions, because they WERE predetermined...

The Omega

JediHDM
BUT people also make spur of the moment decisions...just because i tell myself im gonna jump off a bridge, doesnt mean im gonna go through with it when i get there...Also, part of my argument involves OUTSIDE the matrix...ie, Trinity would HAVE to enter the matrix, if the bolt does not break at that exact second...It is all governed.

pslice
no offense-- but DAMN you guys have too much free time on ur hands

JediHDM
none taken...

The Omega

JediHDM
But you're missing the point of choice...I am totally against drinking, however, i have the ability to change that and go out and get wasted tonight, and the machines would never see it coming. Its not in my nature to do that. And, if the ship is not hit at that exact moment, Trinity wouldn't have been able to do anything, anyway, because the power went off to the building the moment the door was opened. There would have been no other reason for trinity to go against the orders of her love, than if his life were in danger.

rysdigital
yet still you dismiss my eyes of the oracle/neo theory stick out tongue

The Omega

burlyman
"Do you see her die?"
"No"
"You have the sight now Neo, you are looking at the world without time"

JediHDM
but if she sees Trinity enter the matrix, she would know WHY trinity enters the matrix. wouldn't she help them?

SimplePriest
pslice> actually I have NO free time on my hands. But I make time for this forum... wait never mind, I think that's actually worse than what he was saying. blink oops

"But if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?"

The Omega

tshirt
The way I look at it is like this.

1) Let's just assume the Oracle can predict the future. Maybe it's because she can read the code and apply your statistics to a given situation or because she loads the program related to a certain time in the Matrix and then watches your reaction. Either way, it gives her a vision of the "future".

2) None of this affects your "Choice". Just because the Oracle sees you taking a drink doesn't mean you are forced to do it. Instead, you have choice to order the drink or not. The Oracle can only see the choices that you make.

Sifer
And no-one can see past the choices they don't understand.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.