Hang Over Cures and Prevention

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
As many of us will be celebrating tonight, I thought this might be a useful topic.

Here's some I here recently.

1. Tonic Water. Drink a large class on Indian Tonic Water before you go to bed(The stuff that you normally have with Gin or Vodka). The quinine in the Tonic Water helps to normalise the alcahol levels in the blood stream and reduce to Hong over effects.

2. 2 Pints if water. Drink this to prevent dehydration.

3. Put a chair on your bed and an asparin on the chair and a glass of water. Before you can get into be you will have to move the chair, you will then see the asparin and water. This reminds you to take the asparin which helps to allieviate the hang over effect.

Dim
Witht the way I'd get I'd probably try to sit on the chair laughing out loud

Ratcat
That's not very helpful.

Gundark
I'm the designated driver later tonight. sad

UnknownBountyHunter
Even though New Years is over with over here, and I am still a little drunk. Over the least 18 years I have drank myseld immune to hangovers, literally. If they show up at all, its minor headaches.

queeq
UBH found the ultimate cure to hangovers: stay drunk!

A few additions to your list RC. Try drinking a glass (or two) of fresh orange juice. And when drinking water, use tepid water. It's digusting but it gets taken into your system a lot quicker.

queeq out

Dim
And don't take the whole bottle of aspirin because you'll then your blood tooooooooo much and die smile

queeq
Well, at least you'll never have a hang over ever again. Good cure. laughing out loud

queeq out

theEviljedi
I have to tell you...I had the worst New Years ever.sad {details to follow later)

UnknownBountyHunter
I am not always drunk. I don't start to get there until after 3 bottles, which usually doesn't happen until the weekend, because it can get dangerous around the animals. One fine example was about three years ago or so, I was a little "wasted" as I see you guys like to put it, and I was going to put the fodder in the wells when I forgot to put one of the horses back in the barn, and I left the grazing gate open, I was very incoherent and according to my wife, if it wasn't for the sounds of the animals I would have wandered off into Black Forest (It starts at the very edge of the pasture). Anyhow, I backed into to her (Kryst, my horse) and stepped on her foot which I just discovered after I woke up had a splinter in the bottom, that's why she couldn't walk to the barn. Well she gave me a good enough kick to send me flying into the fence knocking me unconscious for a good 4 hours. (She bruised 4 ribs and left a scar from her colt about 3" long.

Dim
Hmmm I've never been anywhere near that drunk! laughing out loud

queeq
Well, I hope the horse's message came across. laughing out loud

queeq out

Gundark
I guess that made UBH the horse's arse ! Poor horse ! sad

Ratcat
Well the tonic water, asparin and water worked a treat. I was up and about by 9am and felling fit as a fiddle...

queeq
You sound like one, RC.

queeq out

Ratcat
It's true. I had to go to the mall to take my digital camera to be repaired seeing as it died a death half way through the night on NYE. sad

Won't be back for about 4 weeks. sad

queeq
What on earth did you do to it? Tried to make a pic of yourself from the beer's point of view and drowned it?

queeq abides

Ratcat
NO, it's most annoying as it just stopped working for no reason. At least I got pleanty of pics before it died but I can't get them off of the card until I get the camera back. sad

queeq
Are you sure the card's fine, though?

queeq abides

Gundark
Thats one of my next purchases when I get my appraisal license. A digital camera. Hopefully the prices will have come down a little more by May.

queeq
And then you can post some more pics.

queeq abides

Gundark
If my neighbor (mr. smart computer guy) ever has time to show me how to post them, I'll do it myself. smile

UnknownBountyHunter
Just get the book "Computers for Dummies" laughing out loud

Ratcat
Yeah, I think the falsh card should be fine. The camera just wouldn't power up but you can unplug the cards and they're pretty stable for months, if not years.

UnknownBountyHunter
Hi Ratcat!

Darth Daft
Yeah, hi Ratcat! How ya been, ol' buddy ol' pal?!?!?

If you want to cure a hangover just try a Tatooine Sunrise. It stops your mouth from feeling like sandpaper and makes the world spin clockwise instead of anti-clockwise.
Yyyyyyeeeeeesssss.......listen to me you must.

UnknownBountyHunter
Hi Darth Daft!

queeq
Hi all!!! Hi! Hi! Hi!

queeq abides

Gundark
I think DD was drinking Tatooine sunrises when he posted that. Hehehe.

UBH, thats an excellent suggestion....I assume you have the most recent edition ? laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
I think it's too hard for you, Gundy-dear. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Gundark
If it has little pictures, I'm A-ok !! stick out tongue

queeq
It has, but they're VERY little. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Gundark
(Gundark gets glasses off dashboard of Falcon) "No problem" smokin'

queeq
They're smaller than that. eek!

queeq abides

Dim
*hands Gun a magnifying glass*

Gundark
Dim to the rescue !!! Thanks, Dim. (Gundark sticks tongue out at queeq). laughing out loud

UnknownBountyHunter
<Dim chokes on turkey bone> <Gundie dives to save her, hits head on rock> laughing out loud stick out tongue smile big grin eek! evil face

Dim
*hits herself in the chest to dislodge the bone, sending it flying, hitting UBH in the eye*

*cough*

I'm okay..really laughing out loud

Gundark
Ouch, man that hurt ! That's gonna leave a lump...(Gundark gives Dimmy the Heimlich manuever, dislodges the bone, then turning to face UBH, pulls out her lightsaber) "Your powers are weak, old man"

UnknownBountyHunter
Gundie smells of bantha poodoo!

Gundark
And I just had this cape at the cleaners...laughing out loud

UnknownBountyHunter
Cape? If you took it to the cleaners its probably a handkerchief now! laughing out loud

queeq
She's lucky she's got a magnifying glass now to find it again.

queeq abides

Gundark
No problem. I've got a spare. I'm a PREPARED Jedi. laughing out loud

queeq
You have been well trained. These other members are no match for you, my young (laughing out loud ) apprentice.

queeq abides

Gundark
A friend of mine puts a raw egg in a chocolate milkshake for his hangovers. End of comment. stick out tongue

queeq
Nice. sad

queeq abides

finti
Have a beer or 12!!!!

UnknownBountyHunter
12??? Not in one day, definitely a no-no!

Gundark
Did you guys ever play "Beerhunter" ? Like from Bob and Doug McKenzie's Great White North ?

Dim
No...I can't stand beer...*ICK*

Gundark
Its not my favorite, but its quick and easy to tap one out on a Friday after an evil week at work.

queeq
Pass me the rules... smile

queq abides

UnknownBountyHunter
Raz did you get an e-mail from EZBoards like I did? Well anyways, I got a warning from EZBoard about the discussion of alcohol and the use of it with teenagers under the age of 21 on the forum. (Darn it, why'd we have to express our ages? sad ) Evidently everyone who continues to speak on the subject through specific topics on the subject of drugs and alcohol will be kicked off of EZBoard. sad

GCBillysgirl954
how long does a hang over last and is there anything to cure it? HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dexx
well...read the first post...
but those tips are as an 'over night' effect. if you've already woken up with it..then i suggest you drink yourself unconscious till tonight...and THEN follow those tips...for the next morning.

GCBillysgirl954
my friend is feeling horibale and i'm trying to help her do u know how long it last?

GCBillysgirl954
or do u know if theres any cures or anything to make her feel better shes vomiting ,nausea ,headache, stomachache any thing u can imagine

GCBillysgirl954
hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!anyone there i really need help really bad!!!!!!!!!

GCBillysgirl954
nvm u ppl r no help thanks alot

Dexx
hey! this is a board....if you are eager for quick responses..check a chatroom..or the otf.

punk! stick out tongue

Dexx
Drink lots of water. Alcohol is a diuretic; it dehydrates our cells, causing us to feel tired, headachy and generally out of sorts. The sooner you can start replenishing your supply of H20, the faster you'll start to feel healthy again.

Get plenty of salt and potassium. Heavy drinking purges the body of these two important electrolytes, which together help transport and distribute nutrients and water throughout your body. To restock your body with these two essentials, try a sports drink (most contain ample amounts of both sodium and potassium), or eat a potassium-rich kiwi or banana and have a serving of broth made from bouillon cubes.

Fill up on fruit juice. Fruit sugar (fructose) is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream, so any kind of juice will give your energy level a big boost -- fast. In addition, some studies have shown fructose to play a part in speeding up the rate at which the body eliminates toxins -- including those from alcohol. Orange and tomato juices are good bets, since both are also rich in nutrients such as vitamin C.

Don't forget your B and C vitamins. Supplies of these two are severely depleted when you drink -- thanks again to alcohol's diuretic effect -- so when you're consuming alcohol, your system needs these vitamins more than ever. There's no time like the morning after a big night out to load up on supplements. Better yet, get your dose naturally in a glass of fresh-squeezed fruit juice.

Caffeinate or pop a painkiller. Alcohol causes blood vessels to swell, which can also lead to serious head throbbing. Caffeine counteracts that, but since it's also a diuretic, limit yourself to just one cup of coffee. If that doesn't work, use ibuprofen, but skip aspirin -- it could help heal your pounding head, but this over-the-counter drug is known for wreaking havoc on a tender tummy.

Stick to light, low-fat foods. Because alcohol can upset your digestive system, it's important to line your stomach with food while you're drinking and the day after, too. Plus, a balanced meal will help restore your nutrient supply. Just remember: No matter how tempting it may be, steer clear of fatty and/or fried food the morning after, because it'll only make your stomach feel worse.

there!

Corran
or just stay drunk beer

mechmoggy
The best option by far. yes

phinney6
hmmph, another classic topic *gets tear in eye* the good old days

Corran
Mech eek!

Phinney eek!

Ah the good ole days cry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.