Replacement limbs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Corran
Why did Anakin get a replacement metallic hand instead of a more realistic prosthetic hand like Lukes?

And I don't think it's because in 23 years they were able to develop replacment limbs better.

Ushgarak
That was, I would guess, an emergency job. he could only have had it done on Geonosis or Naboo; maybe Naboo is not known for its great prosrehtic limbs. He'll have a better one in ep. iii, I would think.

Mujaffa
and that's for sure...well he ends up as a robot in the end anyways...

Crash_Overload
Yo,
I don't think it was an emergancy, because he could still use the force to move things, and also there is no bleeding (when you are cut using a lighsaber, the heat from it fuses all the veins and arteries shut.)

But i have no idea, maybe it had to be made in time for the wedding.

rogue_jedi
yeah. i sure wouldnt want to keep padme waiting. hmm, honeymoon with padme......... i feel dirty.

Ushgarak
I meant it was an emergency replacement limb- not that he was going to die without it, just it was a quick-job replacement hand he had done before he gets a more prefessional job done when there is time.

Corran
Not sure it's just a quick fix, Luke had his done on board a ship, it's less likely they'd have the relevant prosthetic limbs there than on a planet.

Ushgarak
On a dedicated medical frigate? Of course they would.

finti
I think the technology will advance that fast, it does in real life here so why not there

cookies2006
I agree with finti.

finti
about the limb though I would believe the Jedi Council saw to it that Anakin got the best treatment they could give. There is a short elapse of time from the battle of Genosis to the wedding

cookies2006
This mystery will be solved in ep3?

finti
is it a mystery

cookies2006
This problem doesnt really bother me.

Rogue Jedi
think about his.afterthe battle of genosis, it never lets us know if anakin went back to coruscant. the next time we see him is on naboo getting married to padme. but im sure that naboo had adequate facilities for limb replacement.

cookies2006
Yeah i think just about everybody had good resources for that kind of stuff.

Crash_Overload
I agree. In ep 1 and 2 all the holograms are in black and white (or plain shades of red and blue) But in all the Old ones (ep 4, 5, 6) They are all in color. (well bad color like T.V. in the 70 ies from what I saw)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.