Nebuchadnezzar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UPEVIL
Nebuchadnezzar (Nebuchadnezzar II) became king upon his father's death in August of 605 B.C.

At the beginning of the movie, when the tracer is running and tracking Trinity's call, we see the number 555 0690, but then there are only 3 digits left and they are 506 (605 backwards)

" Nebuchadnezzar is also famous for his interactions with Daniel the prophet and how Daniel made known his dreams and their interpretations. Its in these dreams that we have incredible insight concerning kingdoms that have already transpired and will transpire until the very end according to Bible prophecy"

And talking about dreams and Nebuchadnezzar, what did Morpheus said when the Nebuchadnezzar was destroyed? Something about a dream?

Crash_Overload
Yo,
I believe he said, "I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has been taken away from me" or something like that. This also appears in the bible with King Neb(...)zar.

UPEVIL
Thanks man! I don't understand why is so hard to some people to link a lot of names and aspects of the Matrix with the bible... For me is not hard to link them, the hard part is the actual relation and meaning in the movie.
maybe dreams! smile

Ikobe
Hehe, it was really strange, the morning before I saw The Matrix, I was idly flicking through the Bible in an RE lesson 'cause I'd read what I was meant to, and I found the bit about Kign Nebuchadnezzar... strange. Then again, I always have weird stuff like that going on, often related to Bjork music and Tony Parsons books... still.

The Matrix pulls a lot of names and instances from the Bible as well as Greek/Roman mythology - religion plays with the mind and breaks the boundaries between what is 'real' and what is a 'miracle'... you get the picture.

Agent_Smith
cain and abel from etm are also in the bible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.