Jedermann hier sprechen eine Fremdsprache?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UnknownBountyHunter
Just wondering how many of my fellow Star Wars fans can speak a foreign language (Does anyone speak a foreign language is pretty much what I typed.) Just wondering. Well as most of you know I speak German (South Dialect), English, Italian, and a little Portuguese. I can do basics with French but that.s it. So how about you guys?

theEviljedi
I have a book that has various German words and what they mean in English some where...I guess I'll have to find it. I also known a little Italian.

Dim
I know a very little bit of Spanish..smile

UnknownBountyHunter

Dim
Hehehehe laughing out loud Okay, NOBODY is allowed to talk to me in Spanish!

queeq
Ola, que tal? Por que no, senorita Dim?

My little list: Dutch, English, German, some French (enough to get by with), a little Spanish, a teeneeweeeneee Italian (which is achieved by combining Spanish, French, English and a little Latin) and then I have my hands I gesture with in any language.

queeq out

Dim
You know why...no shuuuuuuuuuuuddup laughing out loud What in the world is Ola?..do you mean Hola?

queeq
No, senorita Dimmilito? "Ola" es "Hello" en espanol. Comprendre? laughing out loud

queeq out

Dim
Nope..Hola is Hello stick out tongue

queeq
I guess that's the Mexican style, then. I learnt "Ola", besides the "H" is silent anyway.

queeq out

Tom Gon Jinn
"Bo shuda, con cranthe con dande troi. Ja oska." That's Huteese. I think. Oh, yeah, by the way: Does Sebulba speak Huteese, because if so, when he says "Poodoo" after he's crashed, isn't he saying "fodder"? (Jabba says Han is "Bantha Poodoo" in ROTJ, which means "Bantha Fodder"wink!

Dim
Just because you can't hear it doesn't mean you can ignore it...jeeeeeesh laughing out loud

Ratcat
Well I can ask for a return ticket to hamburg in German, but that's about it. I guess that by substituting another city I could just about travel to anywhere in Germany and get back again. laughing out loud

Gundark
I know a little French, but thats about it. My future mother in law is from Germany and teaches at a local college, but she doesn't speak it enough around the family for me to really pick up any solid verbage.

In response to TGJ, I believe that "poodoo" is a general all-purpose swear word on the outer rim. IMHO OC. smile

theEviljedi
I know some bad words in Italian too. My grandma taught me them.laughing out loud

UnknownBountyHunter

Dim
UBH, what are those numbers for?

Darth Daft

UnknownBountyHunter
I do, Mandarin Chinese is in fact the most widely used. And where in the world did those numbers come from?

theEviljedi
Here's a bad phrase my grandma taught me-Ah Phun Goulstick out tongue

queeq
So we're into foreign dirty words now... tsk tsk tsk

queeq out

theEviljedi
Does anyone know what it means?

queeq
Does anyone care?

queeq out

Dim
A fun girl?...hehehehe

queeq
Fun? Fun as in $%$%&^&%$#? I wouldn't know... laughing out loud

queeq out

UnknownBountyHunter
What language is that EJ?

theEviljedi
Italian.I'm not sure if I wrote it right though.roll eyes (sarcastic)

UnknownBountyHunter
Non penso la vostra ortografia esso destra, EvilJedi!

theEviljedi
Yeah sure,what you said.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gundark
If EJ says its italian, I believe him, but it sounds like Huttese to me. rolling on floor laughing

Darth Daft
I think UBH wants your autograph, EJ.

Dim
So..what does it mean?

UnknownBountyHunter

Dim
Now, What does THAT mean?

Ratcat
Oh Dim, just go lie down with a nice mug of hot Cocoa, you'll get over it...

Dim
I don't have any!..No coffee or tea either....oh bother sad

theEviljedi
I'll give you a hint-Ah means "up"

Dim
Okay...now give me another hint laughing out loud

theEviljedi
It has a naughty word in it...well sort oflaughing out loud

Dim
I already figured that part out stick out tongue

theEviljedi
It has three words.stick out tongue

Gundark
Thats it! I'm ordering berlitz cassettes off amazon. smile

UnknownBountyHunter
Communication with Gundie is finally <almost> here! Yah! smile

queeq
UBH turns out to be a bit of a show-off. I think you haven't covered a clever remark in German yet. Except for the title, but I doubt anyone got that but me.

queeq out

Dim
Ooooooooooh...that sounds like a challenge! wink

queeq
Yes, it was getting a little dull around here. Bets anyone?

queeq out

Dim
Sorry to bore you to tears Mr. queeq..Name it..I'll place my bet on UBH...rolling on floor laughing

UnknownBountyHunter

UnknownBountyHunter
By the way what are the bets on?

Dim
I don't know, I'll let queeq decide that.

queeq
Well, it wasn't really clever. He just explains that he has fun demonstrating his knowledge of other language and that he is a Star Wars fan, seen all, read all and collects expensive SW items.

So I win. laughing out loud

queeq out

Gundark
You're not sliming out that easy, queeq. We want a word for word translation ! laughing out loud

queeq

UnknownBountyHunter
Gracias, queeq! The only REAL reason my collection is worth that much is because I own a $400 5' Bobba Fett (3D) that weighs 210 lbs., that stays in my bedroom! smile As for you Senor queeq, you never said anything about specifics that I need to add! smile

theEviljedi
Here is a big hint-Phun means your.

UnknownBountyHunter
Definitely not Italian then EJ. Su=Up and Vostro=Yours

theEviljedi
Well I don't know how to write it.And FYI,goul means ass.stick out tongue

queeq
Well, I requested a CLEVER remark in German. But I guess that is very hard. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Gundark
(Gundark makes a run for the Falcon)
I'm just a dumb American....sigh. sad

queeq
No problem. We know. laughing out loud

queeq out

Gundark
But I do know what Spock found when he looked in the toilet.

UnknownBountyHunter

Dim
So...what DID Spock find in the toilet?

UnknownBountyHunter
I will not tolerate the use of Star Trek names/codes/relative comments in this forum!!! mad smile

theEviljedi
I meant no disrespect UBH.I was mearly finishing my sentence.Ah-up,phun-your,and goul-ass.

UnknownBountyHunter
I meant Gundark's joke, EJ wink

queeq
"Deutsche Dose"??? That "Dose" must be some kind of slang I do not know, please explain. I know it was something you Germans were going to do to the Dutch, but I think you tried that before and we all know how that worked out. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Gundark
UBH, I am not converting....its just one of my favorite jokes....do I have to get my lightsaber out again ??? smile

THE CAPTAINS LOG !!!!!!!!!! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
Beam me up, Chewie. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Gundark
(Gundark uses Jedi mind trick on UBH's horse) "You will throw him off the next time he rides you" Hehehe. laughing out loud

queeq
You don't need a Jedi mind trick for that. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Gundark
UBH is gonna regret ever sharing that experience with this bunch. Hehehe laughing out loud

queeq
I think he regrets the experience. laughing out loud

queeq abides

UnknownBountyHunter
Dose is box, queeq! laughing out loud As for the joke sad

queeq
I know. That's why I don't get it. Why would boxes beat the living daylights out of the Dutch someday? Must be German humour.

queeq abides

UnknownBountyHunter
You know what, I might have been tillied that day, so I don't know what I was thinking, I just read it again and it makes NO sense.

Gundark
UBH, you must unlearn what you have learned. smile

Dim
I am very very confused...laughing out loud

Gundark
Welcome confused ! Glad you're back. smile

UnknownBountyHunter
Its better if Dim stay out of this, and maybe Gundie. The women might get confused laughing out loud

Gundark
And now, UBH, we will discuss the location of your hidden German farm. (mind probe hovers into view)evil face

Dim
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooh! I'm gonna remember you said that! mad stick out tongue

Gundark
(Gundark and Dim whisper quietly) evil face

UnknownBountyHunter
Bring it on GUYS!....WAIT...Gals!! laughing out loud

Dim
Nah..you don't really know what you're asking for UBH..laughing out loud

queeq
I do and believe me, you DON'T want to know. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Gundark
Dim and Gundark slowly pull out their lightsabers. (Gundark sighs..I can't believe UBH wants his arse whupped again. Hehehe. laughing out loud )

queeq
*hides*

Nothing's worse than angry women.

queeq abides

Gundark
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" whoever said that deserves a sainthood. smile

queeq
If he had killed all scorned women he would have earned sainthood. laughing out loud
Now he was only right about something.

queeq abides

Gundark
Once again queeq displays his superior intellect for the rest of us. laughing out loud

Raz
Is that something like the German box knocks ??something?? from the Dutch any day?

Bin ich korrekt?

UnknownBountyHunter
Yeah, pretty much Raz, which confirms my prediction, I have no idea what I was trying to say, I can't remember and its too confusing to even comprehend as a misused sentence.

queeq
They will beat the living daylights out of the Dutch. We Dutch have had much to suffer from the Germans this century, but I can't remember any history lesson warning me for German BOXES. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Gundark
I guess I could try and learn a new language. I could go to German classes at the local college where my future mother-in-law teaches. sad

queeq
But...... why?

queeq abides

UnknownBountyHunter
So she can be bilingual roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gundark
Si, senor. Oops, wrong language. laughing out loud

Dim
Hmmmm....Good luck Gunnie..I'll keep guessing at the Romance languages..you can have the Teutonic.

Gundark
Je parle petit Francais. smile

Dim
Hmmm..okay, then you can take the Romance languages too...I'll just stick with English big grin

Topic closed..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.