horror movie trivia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
inspired by the nightmare on elmstreet trivia, lets take it up a notch and do trivia about the whole genre..... lets see..... how to begin..... ok something from my fav

who played leatherface in the original Texas Chainsaw massacre?

Omegaman
Gunnar Hansen

noodles
1. who played fr. damian karras the exorcist?
2. who played carrie?
3 who played her mother?
4.what was the name of the house in salems lot?
5.who played jason vorhees in most of the friday the 13th movies?
6.what as the name of the castle in evil dead 2?
7.who played the taxi driver in 28 days later?
8.who directed the original night of the living dead?
9.who directed the remake?
10.who played norman bates?

Good luck.

BackFire349
2. sissie spacek
5. kane hodder
7. brendan gleeson
8 george romero
9. tom savini
10. anthony perkins

BackFire349
what was wes cravens first movie?

Omegaman
last house on the left?

Omegaman
House in Salems Lot- Marston House (sp?)

Damien- Jason Miller

Carrie's Mom-Piper Laurie

noodles
so far so good!

BackFire349
yes omega man. ok next question. name the star of evil dead

TedO
Movie: Ash

Real Life: Bruce Campbell (sp)

Godshinto
Here's an odd one for ya What hand is Micheal Myers. I'll make it kind of easy for you. (A. Right Handed) (B. Left Handed) (C. Anpedextrious)

BackFire349
hmmm, not a fan of micheal, but ill say left. next question.... where did wes craven get the name krueger from?

TedO
Not sure bout Myers, but I think he's (C) because I've seen him use both hands with the kinfe.

As for Freddy, I'm not sure about this either, but I watched Last House On The Left last night and there was a character with the name Kreug, so probably from there.

BackFire349
no, he got both names from the same source

kruegerKid
To answer Backfire's question......

Fred is the name of the bully that used to pick on Wes and Krueger is an extention of the name Krue which was a character used in Wes' movie "Last House On The Left.
rolling on floor laughing

BackFire349
correct. (actually the character in last house on the left is krug) next question....

wes cravens first movie, last house on the left, was actually produced by sean cunningham, the creator and director of what now famous horror film?

kruegerKid
My bad backfire I knew it was something like that kinda hard to remember...Hey I knew the answer though lol

BackFire349
yes you did, do you know the answer to the current question though?

kruegerKid
Isnt he the man behind Friday 13th?

BackFire349
yep!. next question,

the aliens movies have a strange nack for having future great directors making their movies. name the 4 now famouse directors who have directed the 4 different alien movies.

kruegerKid
Alien: Ridley Scott
Alien 2: James Cameron
Alien 3: David Fincher
Alien Resurrection: Jean-Pierre Jeunet

I think thats it...

Godshinto
the answer is a and c because he is Primaraly right handed but has known to switch from hand to hand.

BackFire349
yes krueger kid. you are right. now we'll get to the harder questions. who played the lead role in 'henry - portrait of a serial killer'

kruegerKid
Michael Rooker

BackFire349
yep, next question....

in return of the living dead, they finally explain why zombies eat brains. what is the reason?

Omegaman
To ease the pain of being dead

BackFire349
yep. ok next.... in dog soldiers there is an obvious quote taken from the matrix, what is it?

kruegerKid
I don't know never saw that movie.

BackFire349
come on, someone has to know it.

BackFire349
ok, moving on. what was ash's job in the evil dead movies?

Evil Dead
he had no job........he was a college student.........this is ofcourse in the Evil Dead movies.........in Army of Darkness it tells his backstory as being an employee of S-mart, he worked housewares I believe....

remember, shop smart........shop S.......mart.

BackFire349
yep. ok next

in dead alive, what is the intrument used to destroy a huge amount of zombies towards the end?

kruegerKid
a lawnmower

BackFire349
yep... ok.... now for the hard questions. in day of the dead what is the name of the 'friendly' zombie.

kruegerKid
is it bub?

BackFire349
yep. next.

Tobe Hooper, the director of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, is set to direct number 4 and 5 of another popular underground horror movie franchise. what are they?

kruegerKid
Night of the Living Dead 4 and 5

DeNiro
damn i aint even going to get into this thread u guys know a shit load about scary movies

kruegerKid
lol thanks, never hurts to try though.

mechmoggy
To BF's dog soldiers question - "There is no spoon" big grin

kruegerKid
Come on BF give us some more....

Evil Dead
um......

Silence of the lambs is the sequel to what movie?

Yeah, that's an easy one but you'd be suprised how many people don't know this............

Omegaman
Manhunter! or The recently made Red Dragon

wicker_man
im a fan of horror movies as well and i have finally found some people who appreciate Horror Movies and as we are answering questions here are mine:

1. What do Thirteen Ghosts and House on the Haunted Hill have in common (serious answer please).

2. What is Sam Rami's (Evil Dead series) trademark in each of his films.

3.Which now famous actress played Ash's girlfriend in the beginning of Evil Dead 3 (The Army of Darkness).

4. Which famous gore creator worked on both Friday The 13th (Part 1) and Dawn of The Dead.

5.Wes Craven paid homage to Freddy his first big creation in the Movie Scream but how?

6.What is special about all the surnames of all the main characters in Final Destination.

7.Which famous horror actor makes a cameo in Jason X.

8.Which Star Wars actor also appeared in Clive Barkers Nightbreed.

Omegaman
1)they are both remakes
2)1973 oldsmobile
3) bridget fonda
4) tom savini
5)robert englund plays the janitor, he even wears a green & red sweater
6) their names are of famous horror movie people like "Hitchcock"
7) david cronenberg

Omegaman
8) Hugh Quarshie?

wicker_man
Well Done

ragesRemorse
Well looking at the quality in the aliens saga the only two worth mentioning are ridley scott and james cameron it should be a law that the names of alien 3 and alien ressurection not be allowed to be uttered for they have detroyed a respectable and much loved franchise. well im sorry they only contibuted seeing how sigourney weaver is the true monster killer here, you know she refused to be in 3 and 4 if she did not have over see of the script 3 would have been great if not for her hicks and newt would have lived to tell another tale

esd82285
Freddy Krueger kicks ass... major ass

BackFire349
sorry for the lack of new questions, glad to see the thread isnt dead.....next question....

what is the name of the film that george romero and dario argento directed together.

wicker_man
Two Evil Eyes

pablo007
It was Wes Craven dressed as Fred the Janitor.

pablo007
1. who played fr. damian karras the exorcist? Jason Miller
2. who played carrie? Sissy Spacek
3 who played her mother? Piper Laurie
5.who played jason vorhees in most of the friday the 13th movies? Kane Hodder
6.what as the name of the castle in evil dead 2? Kandar
8.who directed the original night of the living dead? George A. Romero
9.who directed the remake? Tom Savini
10.who played norman bates? Anthony Perkins, and Vince Vaughn in the remake

ragesRemorse
In the movie Army of darkness, what were the three words Ash had to say before taking the book of the dead? and what classic sci/fi movie do those words have a link with and how?

Evil Dead
Clatu ..........Verrata...........Nikto..........

(I know those aren't spelled right....but phonetically they are correct)

what movie? Beats me.......I'm just a huge Evil Dead fan.

ragesRemorse
yeah those are the words, and in the movie "the day the Earth stood still" they were the words that needed to be said to stop the robot from attacking

ragesRemorse
heres an easy question, In the movie gremlins, what were the three rules billy had to abide by for keeping Gizmo?

eminem/the one
kane hooter played jason in most of the friday the 13

pablo007
Don't let him eat after midnight, don't let him in the sunlight, don't get him wet.

BackFire349
tony todd (the candyman) starred in the remake of what classic horror movie?

wicker_man
Night of the Living Dead (Directed By Tom Savini,1990)

h0ck3yh0rr0r
who played leprechaun lol kinda easy

pablo007
Warwick Davis

freakyfanatic
The candyman also recently played the part of a cremater in "Final Destination 2 :-).. just thought I'd mention that.

freakyfanatic
I've got a good question for you guys to answer:
which was the only horror movie to be nominated for 10 academy awards?
I'll even give you a hint: Tubular Bells

slayer
her are some more questions:
1. Who turned down the role in the scream trilogy played by Neve campbell?
2. which actor from i know what u did last summer had a part in house on haunted hill?
3. in halloween H20 who did Laurie decapitate?
4. in the ring why did the horses go crazy?
5. In friday the 13th who plays mrs.Voorhees
6. who is the killer in Urban Legend
9. Which actor from i know what u did last summer is married 2 reece witherspoon?
10. who is the horror man at kmc forums?

xCountessx
Easy one...The Exorcist

xCountessx
3. The Cop
6. The chick from the noxema commericals...lol I can't remember her real name or her name in the movie
9. Ryan Phillipe

Lord Soth
1. Drew Barrymore

SumWatTwisted
What was the name of the man who played Michael Myers. In the 4th movie?

Lord Soth
George P. Wilbur

SumWatTwisted
Who is the woman who played in several horror movies as a posessed child. And in real life grew up to have her own horror show?

DeNiro
1 Drew Barrymore
2 dont know
3 the cop
4 because of Samara
5 dontknow
6 the girl that had the perm stick out tongue
9 Ryan P from cruel intentions
10 back fire and evil dead

DeraiLer
5. Betsy Palmer

Hey the noxzema girl is Rebecca Gayheart. The Urban Legend killer who ironically hit a kid with her car in real life, killing him.

Omegaman
Hey Backfire! I have a question for you on your favorite movie..TCM.

Why does Franklin think that the killers wont/cant find them?

Thanks in advance!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.