The Clash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Mercenary
does anyone like the band: The Clash!!!!???

Xizor
Despite my vast knowledge of both old and modern music I don't believe I've heard of them. Are they an OU band JM?

Jedi Mercenary
nah, it's an old 80's band, they did the song, "rock the casbah"

Ratcat
Careful, liking 80's music will get you accused of being old.

Xizor
Jedi Merc is my age, so we're not old.....oldtimer. Yet i didn't like a lot of 80's music. 60's and 90's.smile

King Jedi
I like the Clash. They really started in the seventies. Their a punk/rock band Xizor.

Ratcat
I don't even know what to do with that.....

What have the Clash done in the last 10 years???

King Jedi
Not much as they split years ago. They did let Will Smith rip off or (sample) Rock The Casbah for that millenium song that he did. And Joe Strummer won an Inspiration Award at the Q awards two weeks ago.

Ratcat
At least the "old timer" bands that I mentioned have release music in the last 3 years. And two of the 3 released several this year, all of which charted very respectfully....

King Jedi
But the Clash are better than all of them put together. IMHO.

Gundark
Somebody did a take-off of "Rock the Casbah" called "Clean the Catbox". Like, "I really don't like it....clean the catbox. clean the catbox". It wasn't Wierd Al, it was somebody else. The band is okay, but my fave is still The Police. cool

King Jedi
ooh not for me! I can't stand Sting. My favourite older bands who have split are The Stone Roses, The Smiths, The Clash, The Jam and The Who.

Gundark
The Who is cool. I also like Led Zep. Robert Plant has the coolest male rock n roll voice. I think Stevie Nicks has the coolest female voice. I love Fleetwood Mac. smile

King Jedi
I've never heard anything by those bands apart from Led Zeppelin.

Jedi Mercenary
Oh, c'mon KJ, Rock the casbah??

Gundark
I guess maybe Fleetwood Mac isn't that big over there. How about Dire Straits or Rush ?

King Jedi
I've heard of Dire Straits but can't remember any of there songs.

Gundark
Ride across the River, Skataway, Money for Nothing ("I want my MTV"wink--with Sting..oh, sorry, had to throw that in there laughing out loud

I can't believe you never heard of Rush. They've been around a long time.

King Jedi
Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh.........I want my MTV. That rings a bell. I still don't know anything about Rush.

Gundark
Their breakthrough album was 2112, back in...late 70's. Some of their songs are Limelight, Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio, Freewill, New World Man, Closer to the Heart, Subdivisions, Distant Early Warning...any of those ring a bell???

King Jedi
I'm afraid to say....no. I might try and find them on Napster.

Gundark
Give it a try...judging by some of the bands you listed that you liked, you might like them. Good luck. smile

finti
Rush aint all that big over here, you be surprissed to se bands that are big in th US are unknown in Europe examples are Kansas, Bosten,Phish, Petra, Little Texas

UnknownBountyHunter
Anyone like Phil Collins!!?? smile

finti
The early part like Face value is very good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.