question on name

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nickjs21
i think we can agree that most of the names in the matrix have some kind of meaning to them. so what is trinity's meaning? i know what it is (three persons of god), but how does that tie in with trinity's role in the movies?

or is it just a cool-sounding hacker name? either way, my apologies if this topic has already been brought up

Crash_Overload
I have no clue. Some ppl would say (not me) that Neo is christ and The Holly Trinity is The father THE SON (christ = Neo) and the Holly spirt. Maybe because Neo is a part of Trinity. (not because of him inserting his code in her.)

Kes
I read somewhere that it had something to do with the nr 3 but cant remember what stick out tongue
Sorry

Metroplex
Doesn't Neo means "new"???

Kes
yeh. new or an anagram for one. why?
Oh did a little reserch for trinity but all i could find was the bible reference of the 3 person god.messed

The Omega
Kes> Where do you find the word Trinity in the Bible??

"Trinity" I think is Latin-ish and means three-fold (or three in one). Just like you have unity and duality.

Crash_Overload
Not sure but in the bible it does talk about the holly trinity (father son holly spirit) we read a passage in religion calss a few years back.

GABRIEL05
trinity also means threefold in one. How that works, or is relevent to her, I have yet to find out.

freemind
The trinity is god the son and holy spirit. I think think its like this neo=god trinity=son matrix=holy spirit uno like they say the holy spirit is all around you. So is the matrix.

Korri
i think that Trinity means cow because that sums her up well!!

Crash_Overload
You now, you should really start to calm down. U know. Picture urself AS her (easpicially in 1 act). Try it it will help.

Korri
dont worry i did especialy at that part wink mmmm stick out tongue o sorry embarrasment

Crash_Overload
L laughing out loud L

Korri
embarrasment embarrasment

Crash_Overload
oops.

Korri
its kewl its the only thing i ever think about lol oops 2 much information embarrasment whistle

Kes
I went to a dictionary site tiped Trinity and the bible thing came up. It has to do in the 3 and 1 like its said in the other posts. I'm not big on bible stuff so! If you have the patience read itmessed

Korri
trinity is latin 4 slapper lolololol sorry embarrasment

Kes
Ok we got it you dont like Trinity. Because you like Neo and for same freaky reason it bothers you that a movie character is with some other movie character!

Korri
urm...ok thanks 4 that kes took the words rite out of my mouth confused

Kes
just stop saying the same thing.

Korri
sorry sad

Kes
stick out tongue

Korri
i only speak my mind....o god thats a scary thought sad

Kes
Verylaughing out loud

Crash_Overload
What Kes said.

Korri
lololol

Ikobe
Hm. I'm guessing it's something to do with the 'main group' - the Father, Morpheus (Trinity actually says that Morpheus was like 'a father to us' in The Matrix) - the Son, Neo (random trivia that fits quite well, 'Anderson' means son of man, plus, of course, he is "The One" sent to deliver us from evil... *cough*sci-fi Jesus*cough*) and Trinity is the remainder, the Holy Spirit, who obviously has some kind of significance as she 'resurrects' Neo.

That's just my tuppence.

~Ikobe

Crash_Overload
I beleive the holly spirit is more like the Matrix. As some 1 said "it is all around us"

Kes
wacko

Crash_Overload
Your state of mind is; blink

Kes
yeh. That whole 'the holy spirit is around us ' is a bit to much.

Crash_Overload
It was posted before me. And it makes sense

Kes
To religious for my taste stick out tongue

nickjs21
i'd rather get into a religious discussion than hear korri whine anymore about a fictional character.

The Omega

nickjs21
the more i think about it, the more likely it seems that trinity simply sounds cool, and that's why she has the name.

to be honest, i'm not sure the word "trinity" is in the bible. although it is a central teaching that is alluded to several times. the most obvious is in I john 5:7-8, "For there are three that bear record the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one." (although that bracketed version isn't in all texts) but the word trinity is never actually used. i think st. patrick was the first to call that relationship a trinity.
also, a hebrew word referring to god, ELOHIM, means three in one.

if you're not christian, don't try to understand it. it doesn't mean that we have three gods, and it doesn't mean god is some kind of metaphysical multi-headed thing. it's hard to explain.

ANYWAY, i don't mean to sound like a theologian, because i'm not that knowledgeable on the particular subject.

Korri
ok ill shut up then confused

Kes
I cant find the other link where I read the stuff but I found these. I dont know if the word Trinity is actually in the bible but it is certenally used as a title several times. Go ask a priest or something.

http://www.biblehelp.org/reference_1.htm

http://www.booksite.com/texis/scripts/oop/click_ord/listspring.html?sid=4871&item=a&qkey=trinity

Korri
angel

Skittles19
hmmm,
I know that it is called "the holy trinity" but I'm not sure if that exact term is used in the bible.

I guess we'll have to wait untill the 3rd film to see if it matters at all smile

wow, korri, sweetie you need to stop clogging up threads w/ irrelevant rants about how much u hate trinity.. who really don't exists smile
it's VERY immature

Korri
yes i know i have a sad life sad

Skittles19
whatever, deal w/ it

The Omega

nickjs21
i'm almost positive it isn't addressed in the bible.

i read a long passage about the word "elohim." apparently it's both plural and singular at the same time, and something in it means three in one. *shrug* i don't speak hebrew. i report what i read.

Kes
Yeh I dont think its in the bible either. I think they just use it couse it means 3 in 1 and that 3 in 1 is the word in the bible. Or something like that. It has some religious meaning what exactly I don't know.

Skittles19
father, son, and the holy spirit... three seperate entities that exist as one.

It's like an egg.... it has the shell, the white, and the yolk... there are all seperate ... but still they are just one egg....

The Omega

Kes
Well switch,apoc,mause,link have to do with pc stuff. tank and dozer maybe because they were big?stick out tongue

The Omega
Or Apoc means "African Programme for Onchocerciasis Control" wink

Kes
big grin

Skittles19
hee,
I think we read into things waaaay too much,
I was just trying to clarify the meaning of the holy trinity in the bible

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.