Not a fan of lord of the rings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
ok i have seen the lord of the rings and thought that it was a decent movie. But for some reason i just cant figure out y people talk about this movie like it is god. It must be u got to really like scifi and **** to like this movie. i mean the matrix 1 and 2 i thought where ****** awesome and some people dont like it i think maybe that u just got to be into the things u watch.. but does anyone like the movie for other reasons that they read the books or r scifi "geeks." is there anyone that liked the movie becasue there was some decent action in it and that it should be recognized for how hard it was to make????

BackFire349
i like lord of the rings alot more then matrix. matrix is too preachy for me. lord of the rings just tells a great story with great characters without trying to over analyze things. its a simple yet comlex set of movies that anyone can sit down and watch without wanting to hear passages out of the bible.

Darth Vicious
I love LOTR and the Matrix but i know what u mean, just because i like he movie i dont have to start a thread about every single thing and aspect of the movie but i see LOTR as more of an adventure than Sci-Fi and i like Matrix because im into computers, i like computer movies no matter how dumb they are

chica16
i love LOTR a lot better than the matrix... reloaded sucked they're trying way too hard w/ the special effects and forgetting about ahving a good story.......

LOTRCRAZYGIRL
I AGREE WITH CHICA16,

turin
I really liked reloaded but it aint no LOTR.

VampirePrincess
Well I always think you have to be into fantasy to order to understand or like the film more then just saying it is good. Like myself I am into fantasy... I gues you can say I am a nerd.

The Matrix is a diffrent movie compared to LOTR.... Very diffrent.

People seem to combine science fictions and fantasy together... But in reality they can be two totelly diffrent things.

Mithrandir
its funny, i began to love lotr not with the books but with the movie. fotr brought something to me that i had never seen before. fotr showed me a similar world to our own but with its own worries and cares like ours, however, middle earth's issues were far different than ours. it showed 4 hobbits, similar to any of us, undergo dark times struggling with their task ahead of them. These four hobbits were undeniably average and nothing close to super hero material which made it personal to me, for I am sure that I nor many people in this forum are of hero statis. fotr showed me the struggles and torments of helpless hobbits as they embark on their task in their own world with its own cares and concerns.

kristinabrown
i never ever liked lotr until my friend MADE me go see the two towers and now theyre my favorite movies. i thought the books sucked (no offense) but i really like the matrix:reloaded, it kicked ass. but really those two are the only ones i like and i think scifi like star trek and stuff is just ******* GAY. so no, im not a scifi geek, lol, i just like lotr big grin

Ushgarak
I hope we can watch the language, folks...

Meanwhile, people can like the movie for whatever reason they like, I don;t see why they should have to justify that.

shadow_angel
Everyone has different opinions. If you disagree with they're thoughts, whatever you say, I;m sure, won't change anything.
Ok that was rude, I'm sorry
*hugs to all* big grin

Nefertite
I like both movies and Matrix and LotR They are too different, that's way I can't say which I like more. I like movies not only because of nice actors and actress faces but becase of what they and director made.
And don't forget designers! They make a big job and it's showed only a few minutes because action is more inportant confused

Dark_Queen
LOTR was pretty hard to make-they tried to make it look how it would in the books and still they couldnt put everything in!

the matrix films are quite complex in their own way(pretty excellent sci fi movie), but its not wholly original like LOTR

Nefertite
And music, music is very important too. In LotR and in Matrix music is perfect! eek!

P-NuT
who says that the LOTR isnt preachy?

The books talk about themes such as Atonement, Sacrifice, Faith, Humility and Provedence.

One could say that Tolkien (Being a Christian) was using the LOTR as examples of how to live our lives. Like a parable from the bible.

chica16
LOTR just makes me happy.. haha... i really like the matrix it left me with a feeling like what the heck just happened

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.