Who's your least fave LOTR character?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ilvorlandobloom
Hey everyone! im new here and i was just wondering who everyone's least fave character was... mine is Denethor... I just hate him so much! how could he do that to Faramir-his own son?? sad At least Faramir didnt actually die

chica16
I hate Eowyn... she's so stupid haha, Arwen has way too much movie time too so that's crazy

ilvorlandobloom
huh how can u hate Eowyn?? how sad! shes the coolest! sad confused no

LOTRCRAZYGIRL
I WANNA KNOW IF ARAGORN IS STILL LOVING ARAWEN, ILL KILL EOWYON IF SHE HAD HIM, ILL KILL HER IF I COULD

ilvorlandobloom
of course Aragorn doesnt love Eowyn! he still loves Arwen, dont worry!

undomiel
oh my goodness I HATE Eowyn!!

LOTRCRAZYGIRL
REALLY? THANKS IF THEY BREAK UP IM REALLY GONNA CRY sad sad SEE THEM TOGETHER SO SWEET.

THANKS ILVORANDOBLOOM thumb up

LOTRCRAZYGIRL
REALLY?? GOOD I WILL CRY IF THEY BREAK UP...REALLY I WOULD sad sad

LOTRCRAZYGIRL
SORRY FORGET THE 2ND ONE

ilvorlandobloom
yeah! I dont know if this is a spoiler or not but
Eowyn marries Faramir and Aragorn marries Arwen! big grin

ilvorlandobloom
I dont like Wormtongue! sick

undomiel
I would be SOOO mad if aragorn married eowyn!

chica16
i heard a spoiler about wormtongue after wormtongue slits saruman's throat,, Legolas shoots an arrow high up in the air and grima starts laughing because legolas is usually so good at shooting arrows... then about that time the arrow lands right through his skull

ilvorlandobloom
thats cool (cuz of Legolas!). i hope it happens but i also hope it doesnt cuz thats NOT HOW THE BOOK WENT!! but that is very cool

LOTRCRAZYGIRL
lol nice one about legolas and wromtongue
and thanks for say the stuff about Eowyn marries Faramir and Aragorn marries Arwen, made me so much happyer big grin big grin thank you

Dark_Queen
i didnt like wormtongue,or Denethor ,or Saruman or Gollum in the books.they always gave me the creeps lol

charmaine
i hate gollum hes creepy

chica16
i hate how on the two towers poster they have Arwen huge and legolas and gimli really small... that pisses me off..... technically i don't remember her in the second book at all.......

undomiel
but it was good they had her in the second book because if they had her how she was in the book then it would be kinda weird when she came back in the third book and married aragorn
because since she wasnt in the books that much the people who didnt read the books and just saw the movie would be kinda mad that she married aragorn because there wouldnt be much of a love story

undomiel
I hope that made sense smile

undomiel
I meant second movie smile

aragorniscool45
i hate gandalf. i dont know y.

chica16
how can you hate gandalf??? lol jk i like gandalf the grey a lot better than gandalf the white....

Lt.Columbo
Yeah, and Saruman's better than that!

Princess_Leia
legolas. I hate him, i know u guys all probably love him and will think i'm evil but i really hate him, he's so boring and i don't think he's gud looking at all.

chica16
i think he's hot

chica16
especially in pirates of the caribbean... yummy

ilvorlandobloom
I love Legolas love hes not boring! how is he boring?

undomiel
orlando bloom is hot to me no matter what anybody else says

turin
well i am going to get shot for this but i think every character was casted perfectly except for legolas, looks good in the part but bad acting

ilvorlandobloom
Orlando Bloom is a good actor

chica16
legolas can do no wrong

undomiel
I think hes a really good actor

ewforeva
Turin how could you say that!!!!!!!! He is a great actor. That makes me mad! mad

ewforeva
My least favorite character is eowyn. She annoys the heck out of me.

borgasm???
i don't like the kid that falls off the horse's sister. all she does is whine and cry. ruint the movie.

Princess_Leia
Ok I was just wondering, aside from the Pirate movie that isn't out yet, what else have u all seen Orlando Bloom in?cause all his groupies go on about how he's a gud actor but he's only been in LOTR's and I no u'll all say but he was sooooo good but his performance way hardly anything brilliant. I no I'll probably get shot for daring to speak against the elf who can do no wrong but I really just don't get it at all.I find him boring, he just doesn't do anything that I find interesting, oh he shot orcs, wow, exciting. Aragorn's my favourite character and not just cause I find him attractive but cause I love his character and find him really interesting with his love story with Arwen and him being heir to the throne and being raised in Rivendale and all that stuff, I just love it but with Legolas, to me, he's just so boring. I get u all love him which is ur opinion and that's fine but to me I just don't understand what all the hype is about.I'm a teenage girl who, shock horror! doesn't fancy Legolas!oh the humanity! It just annoys me about sum ppl who really just fancy him but say he's a great actor (not that every1 does but a lot of fans do)but I guess every1 has their own opinion on him so yeh, whatever floats ur boat!

borgasm???
Bloom wasn't too bad at acting in Black Hawk Down, but alas, that role didn't last very long.

billyboyd4ever
i HATE HATE HATE eowyn! urgh shes sooo annoying (and thats not just from the movies i hated her in the books too)

JackSparrowLuvr
arwen i HATE her shes like barely in the book and shes got so much time in the movie

cgtuna21
My favorite character is aragorn. Hes a badass. I love LOTR so much, i dont really have a least favorite character but i would probably say grima wormtouge. Hes ok but hes such a backstabber and hes so disgusting.

undomiel
everyone thinks that arwen has too much movie time but I think that it was better for her character

Princess_Leia
I agree with u Udomiel, I was really glad they added Arwen. I think it was a bit bad that they put her so big on the 2 towers poster but it doesn't really bother me cause she's my 2nd favourite character only after Aragorn. I think it's great 2 add her cause the love story is so beautiful and to tell such a great story like LOTR's and leave it out would be really crappy i think. Personally I thought she was great.

CaptainHaldir
Personally I HATE gollum..... hes just so annoying.... he steals the seen from everyone and hes just so shrill and bah... i dunno.... and Princess leia, Orlando bloom has had a punk band in england where he'd sing about disgusting things... he's been in black hawk down and he's been in afew shakespearian low budget movies released only in england. just so ya know... smile

Dexx
my least fave?..hmm...must be grima

chica16
i don't like boromir that much i don't know why

Dexx
naah..he's kool

Princess_Leia
Yeh I forgot bout Black Hawk Down, it just annoys me the way ppl go on about him being a brilliant actor when it's just an excuse to not seem shallow cause they really just like him for his looks, not that every fan does but an awful lot do. If he had a whole load of movies done already that ppl had seen and they really did consider him good then fine but he really hasn't done much yet and I'm sorry but his performance in LOTR's was really nothing to get excited about.

Aragorn#1
Ya me to I HATE Eowyn shes so stupid and ugly and i agree with most of you. Dude your crazy ilvorlandobloom person Eowys GAY!!!!!!!!!!! And about the poster thing(Aragorn being bigger) Aragorn is more involved in the movie than Legolas is, 4 exp Aragorn almost dieing falling of the cliff, he reports the Uruk-hi coming to Helmsdeep, the love scenes with him and Arwen then them having to break up, and becoming/preparing 4 King in the next movie.

chica16
i'm glad aragorn's big but arwen shouldn't be that big!!!!!! that's jsut crazy even you arwen fans have to admit that

nemo
why r u going on about poster?????????? blink huh

i'm ok with the movie, but in the book, Tom and his wife annoys me most. his songs, they don't even ryhme.

hrh_jennifer
I dunno 'cos all the characters who have bad characters usually have reasons such as the power of the ring taking over them, or just the thought of power, with Grima it's Saruman's voice and with Denethor it's grief at losing his heir and his mind being poisoned by Sauron 'cos he's looking to often into the Palantir.

i thought Arwen had too much screen time too, but once I saw how beautiful the scene was in TTT where she has the vision of Aragorn's Death etc. I forgave her.

Therefore, I'm gonna have to resort to personal feelings and say my least favourite character is Rosie 'cos I want to marry Sam!

Aragorn#1
Ya that dude Tom scared me some times Im glad hes not in the movie.

hrh_jennifer
Me too, forgot about him, but then it's quite easy to since he doesn't exactly do a lot for the plot! wink

CptJackSparrow
My least favorite in the movies is Arwen, simply because they gave her too big a part. If it fit better and made sense, it would be one thing, but they only did it for the sake of bringing out a female character. I would have liked it if they stayed truer to the story. She isn't supposed to come in until the end of ROTK. And poor Glorfindel, he gets shut out of everything...Arwen in the movie and Legolas in the cartoon! Other than that, I really don't have a least favorite character.

hrh_jennifer
Yeah, but in the cartoon, Legolas' voice was done by the guy who was C3P0, so that's kind of cool, still I miss Glorfindel too!

apple_daisy09
My Least favorite in the movies is Arwen. I agree she had too much screen time. in The books grima wormtongue is my least favorite

Aragorn#1
I am glad they put Arwen in allot of the movie especially when the wriaths were chasing her n Frodo I think it would have been boring if the movie did it the way the book did (Frodo riding by himself)

undomiel
ya that would have been boring
I think it was good that they had Arwen come instead of Glorfindel because it developed Arwen's character. It would have been kinda pointless to have Glorfindel in the movie because he is such a small part.

Member.
my least fave char probably gollum.

CaptainInsano
I think Sam's a whiny *****

undomiel
what?

billyboyd4ever
my other least favorite is denethor, cuz he shoulda known that the palantir was too dangerous for him...i mean he almost burned his own son to death, plus he like ignored faramir and only cared about boromir. it made me mad how faramir was neglected
and how can you people sya tom bombadil is scary!!! hes cool and he saved the hobbits life!!!

undomiel
my least favorite is Eowyn

Member.
hm...

CaptainInsano
I meant to say B**** I dunno the Sam in the book is good but I don't really think that shawn austin is the perfect role. The only problem I have with the hobbits s that they are so helpless unlike Aragorn and Gandalf who are out kicking ass, but I guess thats how tolkien imagined them and at the end of the day it makes the story pretty good.

Verity
Chica16...is that how they r gonna kill Grima?....glad he kills Saruman but...I don't remember him dying that way...if dying at all!....Must go bk to books! embarrasment

Verity
The name is Sean Astin......by the way!..not Shawn austinsmile wink

CaptainInsano
sry I'll go kill my self now

undomiel
haha

BOPRecruit 16
i don't really hate any of the lotr characters because i love the story and don't take it that seriously in that matter of hate and quick judgement.

billyboyd4ever
are you sure you've actually read ALL of the books, cuz when you read them i think that the idea of hobbits being stupid and helpless diminishes, especially when you read about the battles that merry + pippin fight in, and the scouring of the shire. cuz in thos ematters the hobbits stood up for themselves, were brave, and won too, so i really see no reason to call the adorable things helpless!! smile

undomiel
ya

Verity
I agree Billy! Hobbits kick ass!! laughing Happy Dance

billyboyd4ever
thanks undomiel + verity big grin

undomiel
haha
np

Lyn
I don't really like Eowyn either, I hate to say. I mean she's an Aussie so I'm all "yay" for her but her flirting with Aragorn just didnt make sense to me. She's a tough girl and takes care of herself but she just kind of got on my nerves....and there's no way she's getting Aragorn!!

Verity
U welcome!!!!! Anytime laughing out loud

billyboyd4ever
omg i sooo agree w/you lyn!!! big grin

CaptainInsano
I'm saying that the hobbits compared to argorn and co are helpless. The reason why I hate sam is because he is always putting gollum down and whining about him and he in my opinion is the most helpless. but pippins really cool!

hrh_jennifer
Gollum is a thief and a sneak, as well as a murderer (though I don't think Sam knows that part) and that's all that Sam can see, he has not felt the power of the ring, so he can't sympathise with Gollum the way Frodo can and the way audiences can. He sees Gollum as a danger to Frodo and their quest and that is why he's a bit mean, to show Gollum that he is suspicious of him. Also, the fact that hobbits may be weaker than Aragorn etc. is the whole point, that is why they may succeed, because they are what sauron will least expect and as Galadriel says "even the smallest person may change the course of the future.

P.S. I love Sean Astin, I think he's great as Sam, and Sam is the loveliest person who ever lived!

hrh_jennifer
P.P.S. In my opinion

billyboyd4ever
....um actually
sam does get the ring for a very short period of time in mordor, so he has a brief idea of its torture

CaptainInsano
billy boid is right with the spoiler but also it is completely unneccessary to kick gollum around. And I totally agree with the fact that the smallest person can make the biggest difference Its just that in my opinion a litlle weak hobbit isn't nearly as bad ass as aragorn and gandalf

undomiel
well if you really did read the books then you would kno that the hobbits are very brave, i mean practically just the 4 of them saved the shire from the ruffians in the scouring of the shire, i mean were like fighting and everything...so hahaah!

CaptainInsano
Yeah after they fought in a ton of battles and got expirience. If they had to fight before the journey they would have been royally f***ed no one can deny that.

Verity
Regardless of their physical training...I think they still would've had the spirit though...specially Merry and Pippin, who were always up to mischief! wink

lovinlegolas
i think the hobbits are great. they're so tiny yet they have so much enthusiasm for the good...as for my least fav. character, i think that would have to be gollum, but i also feel sad for him. my favs are legolas, aragorn and pippen (and no, i don't like legolas just because he looks good lol) i like legolas because i love archery actually. the ears help also wink

have a good day

Danistar
Definitely, my least favourite is Boromir!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T STAND HIM...

CaptainInsano
on the battle field it doesn't matter how much spirit you have you are still gonna get your ass kicked. i think its cool though when merry and pippen become warriors I just dont like sam

billyboyd4ever
well maybe you should remember this then: w/out sam, the ring would have gone to the forces of sauron so he basically saved middle earth!!!! stick out tongue

Verity
Are u kidding me!!...Sam is extremely important!!!!!... How can u not like him?? I agree w u BillyBoyd..."Sam...I'm glad ur w me" is the smartest phrase Frodo ever said! If it weren't for Sam, the ring would've gone right bk to Sauron! It was Sam's strength, will, and loyalty, and LOVE towards his friend that save the day!! http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/omg_smilie.gif

CaptainInsano
ok I was wrong about the hobbits importance so sue me! Its just that I like gandalf and the kickass warriors better. And as long as we're on the topic of importance all you eowyn haters, she does a great thing in ROTK.

billyboyd4ever
i know...i usually hate her, but i love her 1 time because: she smuggles merry to pelanor fields when she is pretending to be dernhelm...

CaptainInsano
yea and one other huge thing billyboyd wink

billyboyd4ever
yea heheh dont tell stick out tongue

Verity
She does kick ass there!!! big grin wink

billyboyd4ever
yes hahah she does

nemo
finally some ppl who appriciate eowyn.
i think she's the best female charactor in the story.
and u're right verity, she does kick ass. big grin

Whacker
I don't like the royal ugly dudes. my favorites are the Eorl of Preston and the Duke of Ted.

KidRock
i dont like legolos he is sort of girlish. He stands back and shoots his bow while aragorn and gimli get right in the heat of battle. also that long blonde hair. looks like my g/f lol no offence to the legolas fan

Bring on the flaming people * puts up fire shield *

Verity
Well....ur girlfd looks like a man!!!!!???? Legolas is a skilled archer!! Doesn't need to get rowdie in anyone's face! Duh!!!!!!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/shutup.gif

Hypernova
Movie - I think until I see more of Eowyn in ROTK I don't particularly like her (Miranda Otto)

TheJewlods
eowyn

lotrlover7000
I Hate Denethor. If anyone hear has read all the books you would to.

elromendil

username39120jo
i don't realy like tom bombadil that much in the book, and gwaihir the eagle is cool, but he kind a got grumpy after he had to take gandalf away.

billyboyd4ever
ooo why dont you like tom?? i thoguht he was cool. anyways yea i hate denethor he never shouldve messed w/the palantir

Dark_Queen
yeah, denethor went crazy! lol i didnt like him at all. and gollum was a bit too unstable for my liking

billyboyd4ever
oooo really...i always thoguth gollum was cool, yet pitiful

pablo007
I hate Legolas and Faramir. What I also can't stand is Frodo's gay screaming, I don't hate the character but his yells are girly. Try to remember in Moria when Gandalf dropped himself the gay scream he did: Gaaaaaandaaaaalf !

billyboyd4ever
ok...

nemo
jeez, pablo007, who do u like? sauron?
how could u hate faramir and legolas? blink

sammilicious
just been reading through the forum and i've joined this site just so i can have my say on this matter
out of the whole LOTR the only character i really can't stand is Eowyn. like she's thinks she so hot and stuff, plus she's beinga complete homewrecker and trying to break up aragorn and awren (she even tells aragorn to marry her instead of arwen, LIKE HOW RUDE IS THAT!!)
mad there's a name for those type of girls nowdays
... i've got more on another msg.. ran out of space

sammilicious
all the other characters are awsome. arwen had to have a larger role in the film than in the book as it built up the whole romance aspect that all movies need.. it's like a criterion for making movies.. there's always gotta be some lovestory going on.. and it's good that she had warrior like qualities, however unlike Eowrn she's more graceful (like every girls wants to be courageous without being seen as a wanna be guy, unlike Eowyn who puts herself into mans clothing just to get into the action). now for those ppl who said legolas was a stupid character mad mad mad that's what i think.. he's an elf! he's not meant to get right in the nitty gritty of battles unless he has to, plus he's from the mirkwood forest and they're speciality is archery! and i think he plays it great!!! it's just a shame that halidar had to die, he was really kewl elf!! rolling on floor laughing
i could go on forever and ever defending them all, except Eowyn coz she's a homewrecker, but i'm tired
nite nite

mah
sammilicous, please respond to the threads existing instead of starting new threads.

ilvorlandobloom
um excuse me, but when did Eowyn ever tell Aragorn to marry her instead of Arwen?? NEVER! that never happened! she wasnt even in love w/ him, she just "admired" him or something. thats what it says in the books. so i suggest u actually know its true b4 u post it. like how rude are you!! besides, she ends up falling in love with Faramir . so would everyone stop hating Eowyn for "flirting" w/ Aragorn, cuz she doesnt!

Orli'sElf7
lol....i kinda agree with ilvorlandobloom...i do think she's sort of homewrecking, but isnt it still a lil bit aragorn's fault for loving 2 women? plus eowyn cant help how she feels for someone.

sammilicious
for your information guys, i've been reading this stuff from sources whom were actually involved in the movies, so before ya think i'm putting fiction in here i'm not thank you very much!!!! oh and as for this eowyn falling for farimer, nah ahh.. she only married him coz she couldn't have arogorn.. and that fact is on her own website (she keeps whinging that she should be with Arogorn and not a prissy elf (HER WORDS NO WAY THEY'RE MINE) so eowyn not this great heroic person ya make her our to be

nemo
laugh my ass off. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud
u've got to be the funniest person on this site.
"sources whom were actually involved in the movies"? whoever that is need to be more involved in his job.
go get ur fact right, will ya.

ilvorlandobloom
well, for your information, Eowyn really did love Faramir. and what do u mean her 'own' website? u do know shes not a real person, dont u? laughing out loud
so on *her* wesite, its not actually saying what Eowyn really felt. or said.
and what ''prissy elf'' r u talking about? shes in love w/ FARAMIR, not an elf! did u think Faramir was an elf? lol so how can they be her 'own' words?i think she knows Faramir is a human, not an elf. or a "prissy elf'' either.
oh and
first u say u heard it from ''sources from the movie'' but now u say it was on *her very own* website... hmmm

i hate it when people say the hate Eowyn, she didnt do anything! except save everybody that was alive on the Pelenor Fields from getting killed by the King Rinwraith...and i would think people would love her for that...hmmm...

p.s.
~by the way, i totally agree on what u said about Legolas in one of your posts: "he's an elf! he's not meant to get right in the nitty gritty of battles unless he has to, plus he's from the mirkwood forest and they're speciality is archery! and i think he plays it great!!!" Legolas ROCKS!~

but i hate that u said Eowyn is a homewrecker. IT IS NOT TRUE!!!

Orli'sElf7
amen iloveorlando...thats totally true in the books in the house of the healing they were there together werent they? after Denethor burned himself??? but yea she didnt do anything wrong!! u cant help how u feel about a particular person and in this case that was aragorn..but she did contain herself didnt she? well, in the movie at least...the book's alot different. but in the MOVIE, after aragorn said stuff about the evenstar she kept her hands off didnt she? no harm done!

ilvorlandobloom
yeah, her and faramir were in the house of healing together. thats how they met.
then they fell in love...aaawww

XxtinuvielxX
I dont like Eowyn cause there is too much focus on her. (legolas...yes...the movies should have more focus on him him, i love him, heh heh, can u tell...?)

"a red sun rises, blood has been spilled this night."
as quoted by my dear husband orlando bloom...he is my precious...

Orli'sElf7
its soooo sweet they fell in love love....faramir isnt that bad looking either is he?? shifty *wink* lol...yea there SHOULD b more focue on orli *pout* he is my precioussssssss after all lol!! as long as hes not kate bosworth's im happy >: ( *die die*

ilvorlandobloom
i think there needs to be more focus on Faramir. hes pretty good-looking but definitely not as hot as Legolaslove
and Legolaslove should have more lines.

Orli'sElf7
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! hes alwaiz with the other 2 but he hardly ever talks >: ( its not fair....we need MOOOOREEEEEE of hiM!!

ilvorlandobloom
Yes! More LEGOLAS!!!

Orli'sElf7
woohoo!!! lol....yes yes

nemo
i can see ur saliva dripping ppl laughing out loud

billyboyd4ever
ok you guys this isnt a legolas thread....geez
ps i do agree w/sammilicious...sort of. i dont really like eowyn's character + yes i have read the books 2 times so dont bash me for that. i just dont like the whole her/aragorn thing, but i dont hate her either....after all she takes faramir anyways...

Orli'sElf7
tru lol...do her and faramir meet in the house of the healing? or when they get out? hahaha yea i REALLY need to read the books again...its been awile haha... but well sorry it asks for our opinion and we gave it lol!!

aniron
as u have all guessed frm my other threads, I h8 eowyn and theodrid king

aniron
oops I mean theodin

ilvorlandobloom
y do u hate theoden?

Orli'sElf7
aww y do u hate eowyn???

billyboyd4ever
gosh i suspect tis the same reason as every other eowyn hater...what do you expect?

ilvorlandobloom
everyone hates Eowyn for no reason at all

Pippin Took
i hate her. she is a ****. i bet she's gunna be after pip next. sad NO!!!! PIP ILL SAVE YOU!!!!!

ilvorlandobloom
thats so mean, Pippin!

ilvorlandobloom
would everyone wait till theyve seen ROTK to decide if they like Eowyn or not??

sammilicious
i've read the book and i still don't like her.. don't think the movie's gonna change my perspective on her even if she only finished off the job that merry started

ilvorlandobloom
fine, i guess i'll never convince u to like her...i tried

mah
I mean..I like Saruman the character. He's evil, but I like the character. So even if you don't agree with Eowyn flirting with Aragorn she can still be a good character!

billyboyd4ever
ok you're wrong 2 times there in that statement. 1st of all
A)not EVERYONE dislikes eowyn and
B)we do have a reason, but i dont feel like explaining it for the billionth time. if you wanna kno go check on any # of threads

nemo
i guess we eowyn's fan just feel that it's not a good enough reason. billy.

billyboyd4ever
yea i kno, its just what iloveorlandobloom was bad, cuz thats just saying that our opinion is so bad we shouldnt even have one...that sjust plain wrong

ilvorlandobloom
sorry, i was in a bad mood the other day. please dont hate me! and i didnt mean EVERYONE hates her, i just meant everyone who DOES hate her. but yeah i know the reason and thats ur opinion and im sorry if i was rude or anything. i was just having a crappy day and i know that doesnt give me the right to not respect ur opinion so im sorry.

nemo
nah, ivlvor, don't feel too bad, we all have those days.

silver_tears
i dont really like gollum hes so evil messed

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>