X-wing fighter or Tie fighter?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
would you rather have an x wing or a tie fighter?

yerssot
x-wing, at least THEY have shields big grin

Ushgarak
If we take ANH as our example... I'd love a nice manoeuvrable TIE over a big fat X-Wing.

If we take ROTJ or ANY of the computer games as our example... TIEs are flying coffins.

Rogue Jedi
x wing. no doubt. x wings have shields, as yerssot noted. tie fighters have no shields, no life support, no hyperdrive and only two laser cannons. x wings have shields, life support, hyperdrive and more armaments. four laser cannons, and proton torpedoes. also, ties have no landing gear. they are mounted in racks aboard star destroyers or whatever space station they are stationed at. x wings can land and take off anywhere.

Corran
X-wings, they also look better than the the flying balls.

BLADE
Definately an X-Wing, but only until I could save up enough credits for a Millenium Falcon, lol.

Rogue Jedi
the slave 1 is by far my favorite ship.

robincooper
i'd actually prefer a tie interceptor those are fast sleek and i ain't shore but i think they are the only imperial fighter with shields...

Rogue Jedi
the tie advanced x1 (vaders tie) has shields and hyperdrive.

Maikahyandowen
regular TIEs don't have sheilds because the pilots consider it cowardice to have them. so i'd have to go for the Millenium Falcon

mephistodesigns
ask the pilots that, I think they'd take 'im if they were offered to them. The Empire decided to sacrifice many "comforts" of other ships (like those of X-wings) for speed and handling, since they attack in swarms, its more important to be fast and able to move as a unit. The rebels needed something that could last a while because there were fewer of them in space battles and so they recquired all the extra firepower and shielding and hyperdrive for quick getaways. This has been discussed in a few vehicle guides as well as in the most recent issues of Empire from Darkhorse, where they are chronicling Biggs Darklighter from the academy to the battle of Yavin and he and the other pilots just hijacked a bunch of X-wings from a shipyward. they were using modified tie's with hyperdrive, shield, and astromechs. they looked interesting. The same, 'cept for some extra junk in the trunk and and R2 unit just off center in the back.

Dirty Vader
Nope they dont have shields. Only the x-1, bomber and defender do. I'd have a TIE Defender.........hehehe.

Maikahyandowen
millenium falcon is soo cool though. especially if han solo comes with it. big grin

mephistodesigns
have they shown the defender outside of the CCG? I've never scene it used...

movie_freak
Definately an X-Wing Fighter

Baylin
Got to be an X-Wing for me it's just soooo cool!

Dirty Vader
Meph_ If you mean outside the movies, they didnt, thats still my favourite fighter along with the phantom TIE fighter in Rebel Assault 2.
In the movies, I would take an X-wing.

Maikahyandowen
hmm. the suncrusher. that one totally rocks. tears through star destroyers like paper! and of course the fact that it can destroy entire solar systems.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/starwars.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/tomcat.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/bangin.gif

VengeanceGOD
X-wing. However, if I got to make my own craft, I'd take a heavily modified Cloakshape fighter (adding in shields and missles).

mephistodesigns
hey hey hey! this is xwing or tie, none of this suncrusher stuff! wink
but since we're broadening the scope, I wouldn't mind a B-Wing, they don't look like much but those mofo's can do some damage!

VengeanceGOD
hehe. My friend and I were playing Rebel Strike the other night, and we started a rampage mission (where you just destroy things). We both had the same thought, and said it, at the same time: "Well, I'll need a lot of firepower, so I'll take a B-wing."

The Star Wars geeks unite. smile

Maikahyandowen
suncrusher has waaaaay more power than a b-wing. though even a b-wing is better than an a-wing. those things are just crummy.http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/tomcat.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/drunk.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/starwars.gif

mephistodesigns
yeah, but being the suncrusher is like being the god of starships, we know that sucker will kill us all. smile where's the challenge? the drama?

Dirty Vader
Dont bash the a-wing! That ship is bloody fast! Funny you guys are talking about the sun crucher tearing through star destroyers like paper. Can you remind me what the a-wing did to the executor? Well of course it was destroyed with it, but went through that super star destroyer like a knife into butter. hehehe...

Maikahyandowen
it went through the command deck windows like paper AFTER the bridge deflector shields went out.

Dirty Vader
but what ships destroyed the deflector shields...

VengeanceGOD
Yeah, but the Sun Crusher doesn't need to worry about the shields. It just flys through.

Dirty Vader
Yeah I know. I just wanted to defend the a-wing and try to be a smart ass.

VengeanceGOD
hehehe. Allright then.

I suppose if we're picking ANY craft in the Star Wars universe, I'd probably have to go with commanding a Super Star Destroyer.

Dirty Vader
I'd command a whole wing of TIE defenders or ghost ties. Hell, why not a whole fleet of super star destroyers.

VengeanceGOD
Hell, why not command the freakin' GALAXY!

Dirty Vader
Why not, but the galaxy isnt a ship. A fleet of galaxies arent a fleet of ships either.
I'm tired, maybe I should go to sleep. blink

Maikahyandowen
maybe a death star too. then you could fill it with lots of pretty ships.

Dirty Vader
A fleet of death stars!

VengeanceGOD
A fleet of Suncrushers, Death Stars and World Devestators!

Maikahyandowen
yes!!!!! and make the galaxy tremble with my power!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! devil devil evil face laughing

mephistodesigns
but nobody would like you.... sad

Maikahyandowen
and that'ssssss bad?..................

VengeanceGOD
Of course not...THEY'D BE DEAD.

Dirty Vader
Nobody would like you but they wouldnt dare say it to your face or show it to your loyals, and if they were stupid enough to show it, well you have an entire fleet of bad ass weapons at your disposal and they would be dead as Vengeance said. hehehe.

Gotwa
I wouldn't mind a Sovereign-Class Super Star Destroy. Full complement of TIE Defenders, and an Interdictor. o.O

Name/Model#
Sovereign-class Super Star Destroyer
Designer/Manufacturer
Kuat Drive Yards
Combat Designation
Capital Starship
Length
15000 meters
Weapons
500 Laser Cannons
500 Turbolaser Batteries
75 Ion Cannons
100 Tractor Beam Projectors
5 Gravity-well Projectors
1 Axial Superlaser

Darth Bandon
I want the Sith Infiltrator or the TIE Interceptor.

VengeanceGOD
Only problem with TIE Interceptor? One hit, you're dead.

Gotwa
Especially if your flying Tycho Celchu. He's good with surgical shots. XD

Rogue Jedi
the slave 1....it has the vastest array of weaponry and shielding for its size.

Dirty Vader
Imperial pilots were known to call the alliance pilots cowards because they fought with shields whereas the imps fought without shields and therefore with courage and fairness.

I wonder what the imp pilots thought of their good lord Darth Vader when he flew his X-1.

Maikahyandowen
no one exactly complained about Vader's policies. if they did........... evil face devil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.