http://www.matrix-explained.com/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tomkat
I posted about this before, but it needed a better title.

Everyone should check out this site, and read the entire page. It deals with many of the issues discussed on this board, and it is very well thought-out and very well written. So much so that I am now CONVINCED that it is correct.

http://www.matrix-explained.com/

Ushgarak
Very smug, very long winded, merely repeats what others have said, analytically unimpressive. It is NOT a balanced argument. He is only answering the questions he can answer, and ignoring the ones that would give him trouble. And he ABSURDLY complicates the Architect's statement that they have become very efficient at destroying Zion by saying this suggests it used to take them more than a 100 years, which is an entirely dense statement.

Poor. Anyone can write a website that seems to support their own view but in debate they would not look so hot.

There is nothing new here.

Tomkat
I disagree.

The site lists many counter-points and counter-arguments, and adresses them well.

It is a very balanced argument, better than ANY I have seen on these boards.

Ushgarak
No, he has made a vague attempt to make it LOOK balanced, but has really only included the important things that make HIS point of view look like the correct one.

Tomkat
Ush,

It is no secret that we disagree on the Matrix theories. However, why are you so mean-spirited when describing any arguments that do not agree with your own?
You come across as very pompous and arrogant, and I hope for your sake your theories are correct, or you will look like the biggest @ss if they are not.

Ushgarak
No need for you to get aggravated. I call it as I see it- his style is biased and poor and it is not good argument and I see no reason why that should change anyone's mind about anything.

Just look at it. He counters all the arguments that do not support the idea he likes but does not counter the ones that DO support it. And his counters are imperfect in any case. And that comment about him thinking the Architect meant that it used to take more than 100 years to destroy Zion alone is enough to convince me that there is no staggering insight coming from this man. He says nothing that we have not mentioned here a hundred times already.

So as I say, I find it poor. You present it as the ultimate answer to everything- I absolutely reject that assertion.

He does not include some of the very basic points made here about why Zion is real and how Neo was able to affect the sentinles. And "Who says Ockham was right'? What sort of nonsense argument is that?

Tomkat
I disagree that the attempts are VAGUE, open -ended maybe, but at least he has ATTEMPTED to answer the counter-arguments. It cannot be helped that the answers are sometimes open-ended as no theory can be proven conclusively until the third film.

None of his arguments are ABSURD, or some not as strong as others? Sure. Absurd? Hardly.

Ushgarak
Also:

"Please note: Whatever reason comes out, how Neo stopped the sentinels, arguments for Theory 3 remain valid."

Translated: If I am wrong I am going to say that, intellectually speaking, I was still right.

Pah...

And he has made no BALANCED attempt to address the counter-arguments. He has not attacked his OWN argument with the vigour he attacks others.

Tomkat
Ok Ush,

How about you create a similarly-styled webpage, outlining all of the same points and counter-points, and adress them with YOUR arguments and counter-arguments, and then let's see how convincing you can be with only theories (no proof) to base your arguments on?

I'm not saying the site is the definitive answer, I'm just saying it's a nice collection of arguments in one easy to reference site, much easier than sorting through alot of the junk on these boards.

Whether or not you agree with the arguments is not the point, the point that just about all of them are there in one place, at least.

Tomkat
Perhaps there is not enough "evidence" to do so without getting overly complicated or too speculative.

Remember 'The simplest explanations are the correct ones.'

Ushgarak
I don't need to; I have already made my arguments here and they have already been either accepted or rejected by the people here; I don't care SO much that I also have to make a webpage about it.

I personally do not think the site is well-written; quite the opposite but if people like using it then good for them.

Tomkat
OK, I can respect that.

I respect your arguments, so much so that you almost had me converted to the "Only 1 Matrix" belief. Even though I am not "converted" stick out tongue I still wouldn't mind seeing all of your arguments in one place, especially in a "point, counter-point" type format. But for now, we'll just have to wait and see how it all turns out.

Korri
kewl website thanx 4 the link

GABRIEL05
OK...His arguments really aren't better than any of yours. I still believe the whole "Zion is for the 1% who reject the matrix" theory. It's all just another system of control.

Korri
u have a point

Kes
I think that site is pretty much all of what was said here we the difference that nobody can dispute is theories! I agree with Ush. Just same more BS.

Korri
kewl

knnknn
Hi, I found this page in my logs. I am the webmaster of
matrix-explained.com

Hey, thank you that somebody likes my site :-)

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

This is not true. While I picked up all arguments I could find on the web, I made up a lot of theories (and counter-theories to my own theories) that I couldn't find ANYWHERE on the web.

That is partly true. For some questions there are no relevant theories or counter-theories. But as soon as see the ideas coming in I add them to my site.

Now, THIS is a very naughty statement.

There is no single theory that I have read somewhere that I didn't add. I have added all of them. You can write me an email and I will add your theory (if it's new) immediately to my site. In fact a lot of counter-arguments to my own theories have been added this way.

You can also post in my forum. And I have added a link to the Polls after each section so you can vote for each theory.

As I write on my site:
Please note that there is no single theory here I claim to be correct.
It is just a collection of theories from forums and blogs and me.
Thus I love to hear everything you disagree with!

Huh? Where?

This is not how it should be translated. It rather translates as

"The truth could be a combination of Theories 2-3. Thus if Theory 2 is true, it does not exclude Theory 3"

gabimr2
I think the page its pretty cool smile

GABRIEL05
I think people are too focused on too many possibly minor details of the matrix. For example, the black and asian thing. For Gods sake what is the big deal with this!! So there are minorities in the future! Do people really see this as that big an anomaly!?! Honestly, I think the brothers did it because most sci-fi future movies have hardly any minorities in it. And the wachowski's planned it just to **** with people. *rant over*

anywayz I have more to say but I'll save it. As for Persephone being the mom of the matrix, check out NickDirtyriders posts on what will happen in revolutions.

The Omega

GABRIEL05
Omega> Hee hee hee. Is it fair to say a name doesn't mean that a person in the matrix is that person, but that it implies their purpose, their task, their..."why" (as in why they are there).

also do you think there is a correlation between the universe being created in six days and the movies taking place in the sixth matrix. I think there is a connection between human learning and the number 6, because I think that this time humans are going to irrevecocably change their situation in this version. If only I had more evidence...If only Qui Gonn was here, he would know what to do

knnknn
Hey, don't put all the blame on me too fast. I simply didn't know that this light is associated with Buddhist enlightenment. But I am happy to add that to matrix-explained.com, if you could illuminate big grin a bit more.

knnknn
Could be true, since Neo is Morpheus' 6th candidate for the One (original Matrix script), Matrix is v6 and Zion is about to be destroyed for the 6th time. Moreover in the bible the 7th day is the day where god takes a rest and Adam+Eve start to change everything.

However I believe that the Matrix movies are less biblical than one might think....

Ushgarak
Knnknn, whether you realised it or not, you were indeed only rehashing arguments that everyone else had already said. I can only assume you did not look very hard- just about everything you said was here, for a start. That you only answered the questions you could answer is 100% true, because there were many things discussed here ENDLESSLY that would have sunk many of your points that you simply ignored or did not address. As you CALLED the page Matrix 'explained' I thought that was a rather disturbing thing to do; what you have added to it since may have changed things but that did not change the truth of what I said at the time. Likewise, your page did, indeed, at the time try to suggest that it had used a century for the machinbes to destroy Zion.

Incidentally, I think my translation holds valid. And if it turns out to be not theory 3, then we should accept that it is NOT theory 3 and hence theat theory should be utterly excluded.

Now, Tomkat presented your page as the answer to all our questions. As myself and Omega have pointed out, it is not, and gives us nothing more than was already discussed here. I am very glad you have built a page to centralise all your theories but it did not live up to the way Tomkat described it and I am comfortable in the criticisms I made to explain that- and you will indeed note that people agreed.

knnknn
A few examples?

The Omega

revolution_man
though i think the black vs white thing is too far fetched i think the rest of his theories were pretty cool. i have given up on what i think will happen. i just like reading other people's theories and enjoying them.

Ikobe
That page was useful. I got me a Reloaded transcript! Woohoo!

Would also be nice if he used the correct Matrix movie names instead of just numbering them.

~AI

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.