If we met would we refer to each other by forum name or by real name.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigbadbike2
I was thinking that if any of us met, it would be very difficult to refer to each other by real name.

Any comments? smile

Crash_Overload
SO TRUE! I m in the Air cadets (I am currently taking piloting leassons) and we have to call each other by our rank, then last names. When me and my friends meet on the weekend, it is hard not to call them "Baldwin" or "Norquais" or "Jones". We are to much used to it.

happy kine
in the group i run with we don't use real names... my real name is chad but my friends call me chester (i have no idea why) i know 4 different brians... one has the last name brownlow we call him b-low, my brother is also brian we call him jaker... i have a friend you never see without his girlfriend he is bob and she is tray we call them trob... a tray bob combo. another friend named kevin we call fish.... well the list goes on and on... but you get the point.

VampirePrincess
Probably... Depends on how much you know the person and wether you talk outside the forums or private message them a lot. It depends. But I gues it would be. People tend to be use to calling me by my screen name even if they know my real name. Which is Nicole by the way.(or Nico to some)

bigbadbike2
Nicole that's a good name.

I think it be hard to always say BigBadBike2. it would need to be shortened BBB2 or triple B2 or something like that.

yerssot
out of experience I can say ... forum name... I kept thinking "use the real name! use the REAL name!", think I used the real name once or so big grin

Corran
i will tell you later

yerssot
*waits*

skule
Because i am sure many would share the same first name etc it makes the most sense to use the forum/nicknames, also if someone wanted to be called by their real name they would sign up using that name instead of a nickname right?! shifty

finti
well I am finti to all of you here and real life as well

yerssot
I don't like people using my real name, that works too?

bigbadbike2
Why do you not want people to address you by your real name.

yerssot
because this is an online board and isn't RL related... much

LilySatine
Well, Lily is a common name, so I'm sure anyone IRL could make the mistake of calling me that! But I'd try my hardest to call them by their real name. smile

yerssot
you're name is not lily? sad

bigbadbike2
Oh. I thought we were talking about RL.
I understand now yerss.

LilySatine
laughing Unfortunately, no.
It's Vanessa. stick out tongue

J_To_The_P
I think unless I knew their name, I'd call them by their username, my name is John, but I really perfur JP, since John is SO common. mad big grin

bigbadbike2
I would have a difficult time with that.

yerssot
I ment people you know from online who you're meeting in RL smile

lovely name, lily; I like it smile

bigbadbike2
confused confused confused

bigbadbike2
I do like Vanessa, Lily. It would just be hard to switch since I have referred to you as Lily all this time.

You to Yerss.

G.P
i'd prefer my real name.But G.P sounds good to me

yerssot
GP also sounds french smile

G.P
Vanessa is a great name. I think I would manage pick the right one whether we'd be IRL or not

G.P
Pronounce it i an english way,Yerss. That's the...way.
It may sound french but I like it smile

bigbadbike2
*Sings* G.P are you with me? Oh yeah. We havin church ain't goin nowhere.

Whew. I've wanted to say that since I noticed your screename.

LilySatine
Thanks everyone.smile
Though I do wish my name was Lily. Sounds perky. laughing

G.P
huh

yerssot
it's not that if it sounds french, it's bad

G.P
*sad*

bigbadbike2
It is a song by Kirk Franklin and God's Property called stomp. It was popular mid 90's I believe. big grin

yerssot
okok!
everything that sounds french is bad!

G.P
I prefer that stick out tongue, Yerss

BBB2, It's Ok, you can keep singin' smile

bigbadbike2
Acually GP that all I can remember, but thanks anyway.

Ushgarak
I did actually call Elle 'Edna' a couple of times, despite promising that I would not...

bigbadbike2
How did she react to it?

Ushgarak
She smiled.

Kes
I'd probably end up calling everybody by their username, unless the real name is easierstick out tongue

yerssot
Think I'll keep calling you kes, kes wink

Kes
lol I would def. call you yerss.

yerssot
the most do that smile

Kes
big grin

BondJamesBond
You can refer to me as Bond, James Bond

Celsius
itd be weird if ppl started calling me celsius.
my real name is kosta but my friends call me stan (which i dont like)
ps. hold all the stan the man and stanley ipcus jokes. stick out tongue

yerssot
I was thinking in the lines of Stan from Eminem

Kes
I think I can get use to calling you kosta but it would sound portuguese stick out tongue

Lara
It wouldnt bother me, I respond to alsorts of strange names!

yerssot
oh, but lara is a great name

skule
i prefer most people to call me "your highness" myself.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.