Most wanted for X3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Logan
Thought I would find out which Mutants and Enemies would you like to see in X3.
Please give a reason why you like them and also list Pro's and Con's

Keep in mind how the makers of the film will have to portray these characters feel free to to included characters that have appeared previously e.g sabertooth,jubilee ect

Kes
Well my most wanted is Gambit. He has always been one of my favourites (the other being Storm). The problem is I dont know what good he could bring to the story so I really dont see it happening messed Unless its a little cameo.
I wanna see him just like in the original comics. Bright red hair, kinda long, attitude and a cool deck of cards p

Ikobe
Pyro and Gambit. Alla tha way. And Beast, respectfully - I thought he was so cool when I was really little!

~Ik

G.P
Beast and more about Cyclops & Storm

Logan
Gambit I think is a strong possibility 'cos as far as where he would fit in I've mentioned on another X thread how he could cause friction between Nightcrawler and Storm while still being fairly faithfully to the comics but they might have to tweek his power so it doesn't mimic Cyclops on screen.

Beast? Serious digital work and no offense to the blue furry scientist but he lacks anything new (Clone Wolverine and Nightcrawler) that would entitle a part in X3

Again List WHY you think a character from the comics should be in th next movie

Rogue Jedi
gambit. definitively gambit. archangel too.

GRIFTER
I' Have to go with gambit & Archangel (with the metal wings not the feathered ones)

Kes
Guys Logan wants to know why you want to see those characters. And what they would bring to the storie.

DaughterOfWater
I am a new fan of the X-men comics but I would like to see Gambit, maybe Rogue and Bobby's age. It could provide a little Rub with the whole Bobby/Rogue delima... lol

Tilly
The Spicey Muffin
Happy Dance

G.P
sad (well at the time of his first mutation, he wasn't a blue furry one. I would have wanted to see him 'cause he brings with him some reflection, so the story would be slightly more evolved than a "OK-the-baddy-are-there-so-let's-just-go-and-kick-their-***" story. (D'you see what I mean ?)

Cyclops' & Storm's characters and their minds haven't been really examined in a detailed way (especially Cyclops...just one or two scenes in X-men one...I would like to see more about the nature of the character, his commitment to the task of being an X-man and leading the X-men, ...)

Ikobe
Cyclops = WIMPEH.

Bryan, give him a decent storyline (like, in it for more than 5 minutes), his general retarded-ness in the movies makes me cringe... hee, though it was funny to watch Jean the Telepathetic- uh, I mean Jean Grey, kick his glowy-eyes arse.

~Ik

Logan
Still mainly people are after more from existing characters but of the new ones archangel as opose to angel is more likely as during the end fight between Wolverine and Lady Deathstrike a picture of Archangel's wing was on one of the screens. Again with Beast don't get me wrong i like his character but still can't see anything major for the big screen it was mentioned that he could bring some reflection to the team, i think after the death of Jean Grey we'll see enough reflection and more screen time with Cyclops

Kes
The Archangel's wings pic was an homage. They had a scene writen but in the end didn't shot it because it didn't help the story.

Ness
hi kes

Kes

Ness
i sent you a message check

X-WOMen
Yes, Logan I agree with you. DEFINITELY more Cyclops. He's one of the best and favorites to me.

Darth_David
JEAN GREY TO COME BACK I THINK SHE WILL BECOME THE PHONIX Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Darth_David
MULTIPLE

Darth_David
BERZERKER MORE OF SHADOWCAT AVALANCHE AND PHSYLOCHE

Kes
Darth David don't use Caps Lock...ppl will think you're screamingsmile

verauko
Well, I wanna see Gambit of course...because he's one of my favourite... I want to see how he'll disturb the relationship between Rogue and Bobby >;] (ha ha!)
I also wanna see more newcomers, like Jubilee (she's my favourite ) than Shadowcat, Collossus and Siryn... By the way what's the name of Siryn... Terry (Theresa)? And I think Artie is nice and funny, I like him big grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

DemonicGambit
Gambit is definitly my most wanted! With Sinister!! Yeah, he did stuff for Sinister in the comics! Make him a teenager under Sinister's command, but not by choice! That way Rogue can fall for him, and we get a new cool villian!!!!

verauko
I wanna see Gambit as a bad guy at the beginning, and as he turns to the good side big grin

Kes
Kinda like he's stealing, humans find out he's a mutant and start to hunt him down...so the x-men pick him up and he's all like I don't need anyone but then decides to help big grin

verauko
Yeah! I like him!

DemonicGambit
totally that's why he should work for Sinister, he never wanted to but was indebted to the man. If I remember correctly it was because he lost control of his powers and Sinister gave him a serum.

See, he's really good, just has to do bad things.

verauko
I've read there's Gambit II, who can morph into a wolf, bat and something else... and it's Remy LeBeau... I really don't understand!

Kes
Maybe an alternate reality thing. Like theres a Storm who's also a vamp or something like that.

DemonicGambit
Hmm, I don't know how I feel about that. Gambit a wolf? Stormy a vamp? I thought this was X-Men, not Buffy....

Metroplex
How about a little relationship with Storm and Gambit. Those two were thieves and worked together once. They are really close friends.

CJG18
Cyclops and jean grey, scott is very important in the phoenix saga. also wolverine, it won't be an x-men movie without him!

DemonicGambit
Ok um, Metroplex. I hope you mean friendship wise on the relationship thing with Gambit and Stormy.

Cause if not, that's just wrong and sick on so many levels.

verauko
Storm and Gambit?!?!?!?!! No!!!!!!!!!!! Never! They are only close friends! But once Gambit tried to flirt with her...

Kes
Probably got is a$$ zat by a lightning laughing out loud

X-WOMen
LOL! Gambit....what a player raver

DemonicGambit
But we have to remember that would never happen, I mean Gambit found her when she was a child, and that would just be wrong.

blackicedragoon
I wanna see some gambit hittin on rogue and i wanna see some jubillie and some beast.

DemonicGambit
I wanna see Bobby's butt kicked by Gambit!!! Hehehe, that would be cool, but seriously Bobby and Rogue should break up at the beginning of X3.

Metroplex
Gambit joined the X-men cause of his connection with Storm. But not lover relationship no, but more like friendly

DemonicGambit
When they first met it was like Gambit was a subistute father for her, and that's why they are such good friends

tokyo_goddess
I think Bobby's a waste of space, or maybe the actor playing Iceman in the movie makes me cringe...he just doesn't seem Iceman material...everyone else fits...

DemonicGambit
LOL!!!

Thank god you are my hero!!! I don't like Bobby, he just seemed to joke around too much in the comic and I really really hate how they have Bobby and Rogue together!! And kissing, not good idiots...

tokyo_goddess
Well I watched X2 again, and I noticed that only Wolverine and Clyclops deduced that Jean must've been dead, but a the very end, Xavier said it would be a good day or somethin, so probably Jean lives, she lived in the movie novelization of the book so she'll live...

tokyo_goddess
I'm not ashamed to say it...I also think Rogue would do better with Wolverine, if only his heart wasn't dedicated to Jean Grey, which is another character I can't stand that much, in the 2nd movie she was better...can't say good, but an improvement...or she could be with Gambit...Wolverine would be more of a father/brother figure to Rogue than a lover of sorts.

DemonicGambit
I always thought it funny, cause in the comic Jean would die, then come back.

I'm completely for Rogue and Gambit being together. I've never thought of it anyother way. It's my obession, all because of my cousins.

tokyo_goddess
I don't know...I'm more of a Wolverine/Rogue fan, but I can see the evidence. Wolverine is more of a protector to Rogue, whilst Gambit is a little more promising as a lover for Rogue...

DemonicGambit
I can see why people would like Wolverine/Rogue, but I just can't see them that way. I mean I got into the comic before I got into the movie, so I was sitting there arguing with people.

"Come on Logan's like 300 or something in the comic!"

But that's just my opinion

tokyo_goddess
I'm not the only one that knows...I know this guy and I told him that Wolverine's like as old as...well he's from the 1800's...or early...and they said he was the same age as Xavier... I'M NOT CRAZY!!!...I just got 'Origin'...the first one...and I'm waiting for the rest of the series to come in the mail so I learn more about Wolverine...*influenced little kid voice* he's the coolest character ever!

DemonicGambit
lol, I know, I mean if I didn't know he was that old. I would most likely be for Logan and Rogue. But I'm old fashioned

tokyo_goddess
Nah not me...if it works...go for it...age means nothing, unless the younger person is in their addolecence...I know Rogue's considered to be 17 or so...but that seems like a reasonable age...still...she'd look good...if she's with Gambit...then who could Wolvrine be with?...that's a tough one no?

DemonicGambit
well in the comic he was in love with yuriko in the comic

tokyo_goddess
Wow...now I feel bad that Yuriko's dead...

MaverickIce
I want to see Angel given Bobby advice (he does that) for the ladies so that Gambit doesn't take Rogue so easily Beast adding some depth into the movie, Havok, Scott's bro being introduced, Scott's as an alchololic after Jean "dies", And Collossos kicking ass!

tokyo_goddess
I can't see Scott as a alcoholic, that seems more ofa Wolverine thing to do. In X2 when Scott found out that Jean was dead, he cried like a little pansy, the only sollace he had was leaning on Logan's shoulder, but then again, if Jean can transform into the Dark Pheonix, then perfect Cyclops can go drunk...weird...but possible.

holdenhsvgtsr
i liked the car in x2 (didnt know what else to say)

tokyo_goddess
You mean Cyclops car? Yeah that was pretty awesome. Anyone know what kind of car that was?

holdenhsvgtsr
thats a Mazda RX-8 yeah i like it too

DemonicGambit
Yeah the car was cool, although I'm not to sure about his choice of music. They really made Scott seem like a sissy.

I could see Scott being a closet drunk.

tokyo_goddess
In the book he was listening to techon and it said that Wolverine liked jazz and some r+b....but in the movie, I guess doing NSYNC would suffice...I can't believe I used to like them...

DemonicGambit
lol!

lucky me, my cousins kept me as far away from them as possible, so I didn't get into the Nysnc crazy.

tokyo_goddess
my friends did it...ugh...now i hit my friend everytime she says Linkin Park is a boy band...that's so wrong on so many levels...I like rock now..well I always have, just liked it even more so... I can't believe I went to a Brittney Spears concert! sick

DemonicGambit
Linkin Park is NOT a boy band. First off boy bands have 5 members or something, like that.

lol you went to a Brittney concert!? I'm so sorry for you, I'm just glad I can't say that I know just how you feel. Ugh, Brittney...

tokyo_goddess
*shivers*...but thankfully last wek a friend and I went to Summer Sanitarium with Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Matallica, Deftones and Mudvayne...it was frickin awesome, that was technically my first concert. I smelt like beer for 2 days. big grin

DemonicGambit
lol

tokyo_goddess
I actually did scream when I was watching the movie...when the Nsync was blaring into the theater...but no one blamed me...it was evil to the ears!!! wacko

DemonicGambit
lol

I screamed when Rogue started draining Bobby...well it was more of a "Yes!!"

.....they laughed at me...

tokyo_goddess
why...just imagine them in the sac! But I laughed when I saw the drawing that kid did of Rogue kissing Bobby and him being xapped...anyone have a picture of that!?

DemonicGambit
I wish, I think the guy drawing it was Colossus. I'm not sure..

I would like to have that pic, post it on my wall, OH and then underneath it I could write:

Dreams Do Come True!

tokyo_goddess
laughing out loud What the f**k?...ME TO...I'm now going to go look for that picture!

DemonicGambit
good luck!

Kes
Yeh it was Colossus.

JixQuillan
In X2, when Mystique was breaking into the Mutant Files you could see Remy LeBeau aka Gambit's name. And during the bar scene you see Hank McCoy aka Beast discussing how mutants are not a threat.
I'll bet that Gambit fits into the story just as Rogue and Iceman break up. So that way, there's a love triangle like Wolverine, Jean, and Cyclops. And Beast will have his lab accident that makes him blue and furry, then turns to Xavier for help.

JixQuillan
I was hoping that they wouldn't introduce the Pheonix until much later. And they should have put Colosus in more of X2. I hope that Omega Red, Juggernaut, Avalanche, and Apocalypse in X3.

tokyo_goddess
we'll most likely see scenes of Colossus in the dvd...as extras?

DemonicGambit
I wanna see Sinister in X3, but only cause I'll think he's the coolest villian.

BOPRecruit 16
the minor mutants that they have in x-evo should make appearances in X3. i wanna see: scarlet witch, avalance, boom boom, quicksilver, beserker, etc.~

JixQuillan
Was Berserker in the comics? I never heard of him there. But Sinister would be cool. And maybe have Sabretooth and Toad come back. Even thought they're dead. What a great idea that was Bryan Singer.

DemonicGambit
Actually I heard that they aren't dead, toad was supposed to be in 2 I think

tokyo_goddess
huh I wonder how the people feel who are mutants who keep staring as special shots...never knowing if they'll be used in the later sequels. I'd get sick of it after a while...like the people that play Shadowcat, Siryn, and Jubilee...

JixQuillan
Who do you think would play Psylocke? I think either Jessica Alba or Angelina Jolie would be hot and dark haired enough to play Psylocke.

tokyo_goddess
I'd go with Jessica Alba...just cause...I'm not crazy about Angelina Jolie

DemonicGambit
Jessica Alba, cause I like her so much. And I think she could pull it off

Kes
Well the one that is rumored to play Psylocke is Kate Beckinsale (sp) from Pearl Harbour. What do you guys think about her? I'm not really familier with Psylocke.

DemonicGambit
I'm not sure how I feel about that. I mean Psylocke is Asian, but raised in Britian. I found a lot of humor in that

tokyo_goddess
Yeah, they should get Kelly Hu to do it...she was good as lady deathstrike...but I guess they need a change...maybe that chick in those 'Charlie's Angels' movies...

Kes
Oh I didn't know that. But Alba isn't Asian.

Kes
Lucy liu.

DemonicGambit
True, but if they don't have Psylocke being Asian, I'd like to have Jessica Alba doing it

tokyo_goddess
My mind's a blur!

JixQuillan
Nah Lucy Liu isn't that hot. Besides, what about Psylocke's brother? Captain Brittain? I still say Jessica Alba

X-WOMen
Good choice about Jessica Alba, but I don't even think they're gonna have Psylocke in X3. I could be wrong though.erm

tokyo_goddess
I think X-WOMen is right, if she is in there it'll be a cameo appearence done by someone we don't know.

DemonicGambit
Yeah, they do that alot with cameo's

tokyo_goddess
I just can't help but feel sorry for the cameo's...think about them,...there in movies...playing characters that have greatly influenced the movie...always wondering...when will my part be bigger...when will I say anything...that's gotta rack the brain!

DemonicGambit
I think it would drive me crazy....

tokyo_goddess
I'd be seething with anger and jealousy all the time...one of the drawbacks of acting...you have to wait for stardom to hit...

JixQuillan
Poor cameos...they're just there. And all of the un-obsessed X-Men fans will go on not knowing who they are. Tsk Tsk. Ah well, either way, they should have Angel in X3. And what ever happened to Rogue absorbing Ms. Marvel's powers. And it would be cool to have Multiple Man in the next one too, it would be cool to see him split into several people and have them all kick the crap outta people. Maybe in the Danger Room...Hmmm...Bryan Singer DO A BETTER JOB!!

tokyo_goddess
Now wait a minute...not necessarily...if the cameo's are that of very well known mutant, they don't go unnoticed.

I'd expect Multiple Man a few sequels down the line..no offense.

DemonicGambit
Yeah I agree Multie probably won't be in 3

But I read some where that they are already starting the designs for the danger room

tokyo_goddess
*sigh* wonder what it'll look like.

DemonicGambit
I want it to be like it was in the comic. Where it was a holographic room

JixQuillan
No doubt, they already have the Danger Room planned. they were just on a deadline and they didn't have enough money, I think. mad

DemonicGambit
I just don't wanna see a whole bunch of mechanical weapons that the X-Men have to dodge like they do one Evo, that's my thing

JixQuillan
Yeah but they also had Holographic stuff in Evolution. like in Turn of the Rogue and the Hex Factor. The Danger Room can be anything it needs to be. Even the old cartoon had both. Like in Night of the Sentinels, Gambit and Wolverine face off in a room with spiked balls, crushing floors, and then in X-Ternally Yours, Cyclops faced off against a holographic Omega Red, Juggernaut, Gladiator, Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse.
"One part gymnasium, one part survival course. Affectionately called, the Danger Room." - Beast

DemonicGambit
Oh yeah he said that in the first ep huh?

I miss the old danger room, hell I miss the old cartoon it was cool

JixQuillan
I like the old one, but Evolution is pretty cool.

DemonicGambit
Yeah I gotta agree, at first I wasn't sure. But then it really grew on me, I watch it as much as I can.

I gotta say I really like Rogue being gothic

JixQuillan
Yeah well next Saturday they're gonna finish the Third Season. I'm making a tape collection of X-Men Evolution. heres a very good site on both the Original and Evolution cartoons: http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/replicant/70/xmenseries/evolution/

DemonicGambit
Thanks!

Kes
Back on topic.

DemonicGambit
okay okay....

If they do have Sinister or even theh sentinals I wonder how they will look. I mean in the comics Sinister was as white as the dead, black lips, with a diamond embedded in his forhead.

Then the sentinals would most likely be CG

JixQuillan
Probably something like Zao in Die Another Day.

DemonicGambit
Hm, I guess that could work

Paola
Psylocke in X3!!

Kes
Yeh just make-up to make him look pale. I read that the sentiles were an opition for X2 but Singer changed his mind. If he does the sentinals they will be human size, not giante(sp) robots.

JixQuillan
Singer's a shithead, and if you ask me, it should have been Stan Lee who was the director.

MaverickIce
THAT would have been stylin'!

Kes
Well don't know if Stan Lee would be good at directing a movie. But Singer is a great director.

verauko
Well... I like Rogue and Bobby plot. I don't think that Shawn Ashmore doesn't match to his role, in fact I think his quite good. I really like them as a couple... but I want Ro'n'Gam more... Rogue and Bobby should break up but without any unhappy heart, I want them both to make the decision.
And maybe a little fight between Bobby and Gambit could be interesting. And I think that this Bobby/Angel advices are not so bad at all big grin I like it big grin

JixQuillan
Well Lee knows what to do with the X-Men, I'll bet that Singer didn't know anything about X-Men beforehand. Singer's probably just some profiteer out to make money by making Mystique look like a ****, Sabretooth just some goon, and Mastermind a guy in a wheelchair.

DemonicGambit
I gotta agree with you there. I heard in an interview that he said that he infact didn't know anything about X-Men, before. He just watched a couple of the original cartoons and felt that he had a pretty good knowledge of them.

That condemner FOOL!! But then again I'm just mad cause Bobby and Rogue are dating and Gambit's nowhere to be found

JixQuillan
What about Blob? That might be cool.

DemonicGambit
Blob would be a cool character to see in the movies

Kes
Actually he was asked to do it. And Stan Lee liked what he had in mind. He was actually about to say no because he didn't want the responsability of pleasing fans, make it understandable for non-comic fans. And put 40 years into a an hour and some change. I think he did a good job.
And if I'm not mistaken Gambit is his fave, but he doesn't bring anything new to the story. He's personality is to much like Wolverine and power like Cyclops (I guess that one would be in the special effects).

JixQuillan
or Displeasing them, which he did to many X-Men fans. Remember that big hype about Wolerine being too weak? I don't really agree with it but there were many things thatt were f**ked up about the X-Men movies.

Kes
The only ones I read where:
Wolverine is taller than Cyclops;
Jean isn't a red;
Storm is to short;
That was it. I've meet several fans and they pretty much like it. You know some like old comics more, others more recent. Can't please them all.

DemonicGambit
True, that's another drawback on movies, they can't be like the comics/books. Because the comic/book can do much more and take longer to explain the storyline

tokyo_goddess
I just thought of something evil...when we're old and grey...someone will probably come along and remake these movies...Will I be the only one pissed? >.<

DemonicGambit
Um, I'll probably be pissed then when I see it, and I will, I might be more or less pissed.

tokyo_goddess
No one cares what a old person says...so no one will value my opinion.

DemonicGambit
well you can get on the internet and pose as someone that they will listen to

tokyo_goddess
I could do that...?*thinks*

verauko
I'm sick when I read that Gambit's character is alike Wolverine's and powers like Cyclops'!!!!! He's an unique and exeptional character! And don't tell me he's not!
Besides, Wolverine is a lonely rebel, and Gambit is a misterious dark guy. Cyclops' eyes emit laser beams and Gambit can blow up everything what he touches big grin! He's like a walking detonator laughing out loud ... and this is similar?! UGH!!!!

tokyo_goddess
The pairing that freaks me out the most is Wolverine and Cyclops.

Kes
I don't think Singer means it that way. I think he means that Gambit would bring conflite like Wolverine did, and as in specia effects his power cool look to much like cyclops.

scifigunslinger
Gambit, Angel, Pyro, Beast, Havok, Collosus

JixQuillan
sentence fragments, scifigunslinger, sentence fragments

verauko
They don't look like Cyclops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cries loudly*

DemonicGambit
Poor Verauko, don't worry I feel your pain.

ClarkGriswold
I am kind of surprised no one has mentioned Apocalypse. He's easily the most interesting/powerful villain in the series. However, I don't see how they would fit him in at all.

That being said, the Sentinels are a logical next step in the progression of this storyline. Xavier nearly killing everyone on Earth would warrant the creation of a defense against the mutants. Frankly, I'll be surprised if the storywriters fashion anything but sentinels or an already-existing villain from the X-Men comics. Brian Cox did a damn good job with the role he had, but he was completely made up.

woahquicksilver
I would really like to see Quicksilver, Gambit and more Beast in the next movie-was anyone else annoyed by Collossus' lack of a Russian accent and that fact that they re-cast pyro, kitty and jubilee?

Kes
I wasnt.
I dont think Collossus is Russian in the movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.