Happy 4th Of July!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
http://pro.corbis.com/images/watermark/572/12669745/CB042237.jpg

VampirePrincess
Uhhh todays the 3rd I think... Aww I am confussed!

Slybaghouse
nothing wrong with getting an early start!

cool pic tex

HAPPY 4th!!!

VampirePrincess
My timing is all screwed... lol... But I got it straight. Yeah that is a cool picture!

bigbadbike2
Happy 4th to all the Americans.

Captain REX
Happy 4th of July!

This one will be much better than last year's 4th of July, unless someone decides to die.

bigbadbike2
This one will be much better than last year's 4th of July, unless someone decides to die.

I think I speak for all of us when I say, "HUH?".

Captain REX
My grandpa died of a heart attack last year. It ruined the holiday for me.

bigbadbike2
Oh.....Suck. sad

Captain REX
Yes, it did. The funny thing was that he was a major patriot. That very morning he had sent every single one of his relatives an e-mail about an ancestor who had fought in the Revolutionary War and participated in the Boston Tea Party.

BellaButterfly
Happy fourth of July everybody! I hope everybody has a great weekend! I know I willwink

Captain REX
A bunch of relatives came from Hawaii and other states, and we have all of our neighbors that we celebrate with. We live on an driveway type thing, where there are two rows of houses on a driveway.

bigbadbike2
What better of a day for a patriot to die?

Captain REX
That was why is was a funny thing. smile

finti
who said wars couldnt be civilized wink roll eyes (sarcastic) smokin'

happy kine
does anyone live in a city or state that bans the use of personal fireworks... here in tampa, FL we got some good stuff to shoot off.

Tex
Yeah, in Dallas fireworks are prohibited, but that doesn't stop the ocassional dumbass from setting them off.

julibug
we can't shoot them off in the city limits, but there are areas just outside the city that are fine. in fact, we will be visiting some friends at a farm to watch fireworks. i had thought about starting a thread like this, but i wondered what kind of response it would get. it seems us americans are in the minority around here. wink but i'm glad someone brought it up!! i plan to have fun tomorrow!!

Tex
We always have a 4th of July thread around herebig grin

LanceWindu
Still not the fourth for me for another 9 hours.

Tex
I wanted to get a head startbig grin

J_To_The_P
Yes happy 4th of July! big grin I personally will be celebrating it on the internet...wait...well I won't be going to fireworks, so I'll be home, I might TRY to go see Terminator 3 I guess, but nothing else.

Tex
Yeah, pretty much the same plans here.

Catch 22
Dammit, well that's gonna bugger up the stock market tomorrow. embarrasment(

happy kine
well i'll be shooting some very powerfull fireworks right out front of my house... i hope the neighbors have fire insurance.... muahaha!

Tex
Pink stocks at an all time low wink

bigbadbike2
I get to watch fireworks from the beach this year.

happy kine
beach huh... i live 10 from the beach so i usually do go to the beach and watch fire works... it has a nice ambiance. this year i'm throwing a blow-out party... lots of beer and food! woo hoo!

G.P
Well... Happy 4th of July in advance wink

(In France, we don't wish each other an happy 14th of July ! huh )

Tex
We have a major fireworks display downtown, If I stand on my roof and look south I can see themcool

Raz
Well its the 4th here.

Happy Independence Day y'all!

BondJamesBond
Hey, this summer when you're being inendated with all this fourth of July bru-ha-ha just remember what you're celebrating. That's the fact that a bunch of slave-owning aristocratic white males did'nt want to pay their taxes."

Tex
No one wants to pay taxes, I'll celebrate that!big grin

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Captain REX
Taxes suck shit anyway, Tex. A toast to shitty taxes...I guess...

Tex
Yupbig grin

julibug
i don't know if that's what you celebrate around your house, but i'm celebrating the land of the free & the home of the brave. the freedom that the blood of many men bought, the freedom from tyranny (and because of our contuing effort toward freedom and equality, the slaves you speak of were set free). while your remark may or may not have been entirely serious, please reread the declaration of independence and our bill of rights. our brief history as a nation in this world may not be perfect, but many of our founding fathers were remarkable men. i mean no offense to those living in other countries, but i believe i live in the greatest place on earth! that's what i'm celebrating on the 4th!!

*steps down quietly from her soap box* roll eyes (sarcastic)

julibug

pinkycheeks
wootily!!!

Catch 22
Actually, as they were celebrating Independance from the British, that might not have counted. laughing out loud

Catch 22
Possibly, but fortunately I have my money in something a LOT more lucrative right now. wink

chico23
Happy 4th everyone!!! Enjoy the weekend but by all means be safe. I'll be nestled up close to my beer and eating cookout food. Does it get more American than that?

finti
To all the Americans have a good 4th of July, behave nd dont be too drunk around the barbecue. Greetings from semi yank and fellow Arkansasnian Finti, btw Corran sasy hi too he is visiting me at the moment

Rogue Jedi
land of the free? hah!! more like land of the "pay us a lot of your hard earned $" and you can be free.

julibug
maybe, rogue, but try living somewhere else & compare...

again, i'm not saying america is perfect - but the opportunities here are unlike anywhere else. and there are ways of legally getting around most taxes!!!! stick out tongue

Tex
America isn't as high and mighty as you might think julibug. Many countries are safer, cleaner, have a higher standard of living and have more freedom than America. True the opportunities here are like nowhere else, but with Bush and the Christian Colition currently running the country, with the actions we have taken over the past two years, America has nothing to be proud of!

narcil
like canada!! big grin big grin big grin (awww...should have had a happy canada day thread. >.&ltwink

oh well...happy 4th of july to our american neighbours!

skule
Happy 4th of July peeps, wish i were there bbq'ing and having a beer with you guys!

julibug
i am very proud of america, and i am proud of pres. bush. i have a lot that i want to say in response to your comments, tex, but i don't want to cause further dissention. i am just very dissapointed in the americans here who are bashing our great land. i really think you guys might want to move to those other countries that are so much better than here. as for me, i'm sticking with the greatest nation on earth! happy 4th ya'll.

Kes
wow Tex! I like you better every day big grin
No ofense thou just most americans think they are the best.
Well have fun guys Happy 4th!

Raz
Please keep politics out of here. This is just a celebration thread!

Tex
No celebration is complete without strippers!rock

Ushgarak
Julibug, my dear- I think you should calm down! BondJamesBond was only quoting from the film 'Dazed and Confused', he was not making a political statement!

Tex
You like the stripper Ush? wink

Ushgarak
It's lovely...

Tex
'Its'laughing out loud

keokiswahine
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, USA. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance smokin' rolling on floor laughing

julibug
bond may have been joking, but i don't think tex was. but i am calm. calm as a bug. roll eyes (sarcastic)

just all caught up in the patriotic thing, ya know. wearin' the red white & blue - even went to ihop & ate the red white & blue pancake thingy. ha! the closer it gets to time to go out to the farm, the more i dread it. it's soooo hot here!! and i'll have to wear *gasp* bug spray!!! ouch! that might hurt!!!

Kes
LOL

keokiswahine
juli, when we lived in south central Missouri, we learned to take bleach baths to kill all the cooties and buggies. When you're in for the night, put a capful of household bleach into your bath water in the tub. splash around to get it all over you; will kill any bugs on your body. don't forget to sink under the water so your hair and scalp gets the bleach water, too. Then, drain the tub, and take a regular shower, and soap down well to wash off the bleach. shampoo your hair thoroughly. and you'll be fine.

if you're wandering through the pasture and brush, don't forget to spray the bug spray just above your socks, so the bugs don't get under your socks, and chew up your feet. roll eyes (sarcastic)

julibug
good idea! don't want any bugs on me besides the tattoo! hee! i have this avon spray, but i probably need to use something a little stronger. i may just try your bleach bath idea when we get back!

Kes
Hmm thats a pretty picture messed
Bugs erm
(no offense Juli)

keokiswahine
walking through the pastures, through the woods, gardens, barnyard, is great, but the bugs are looking for fresh meat; they want their din din, too. stick out tongue eek! laughing out loud laughing messed ninja whistle

julibug
ewww! good thing i'm not that kind of bug!! laughing out loud

Kes
lol Its hot here and the bugs are invading(sp) my house. And I dont even have 'green' around! erm

keokiswahine
flying or crawling bugs?

Kes
Both messed From rouches to grasshoppers messed

keokiswahine
close the windows/doors for grasshoppers. spray the door entrances where they crawl over, unless they're flying. ninja

Kes
I have animals. Cant spray stuff.

Ushgarak
Ick! Warm weather bugs! Nasty!

Yay for the UK's cool weather!

Kes
messed

Raz
Is bathing in bleach safe?

Ushgarak
Sounds worrying... but I am sure Keo knows it IS safe... yeah? I hope...

keokiswahine
It is safe, unless you're allergic to bleach. It's a cap of bleach to a biggee tub of water. Bleach is hydrocholoric acid, but in weak diluted levels, it's a water purifier for drinking water, too, just like it disingects swimming pools. and don't forget, after the bleach bath, you must wash it off with a good sudsy shower with soap. thumb up bunny yes

Captain REX
I can picture that...

*slaps self for being perv*

Sorry, bout that...

keokiswahine
Rex, get your mind out of the gutter.... stick out tongue evil face devil rock

Tex
Yeah!stick out tongue

Well, 4th of July is over, except on the West Coast and Hawaii.big grin

keokiswahine
It's still the fourth here. big grin I have no clue what board time is here. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.