Transformers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skule
Alrighty, how many of you guys was growing up in the 80's and a huge transformer fans like me?I know they are gonna make the movie soon not sure when exactly its gonna be realeased but i am excited about it. I thought Megatron was cool heh.

nopy
transformers is ripe for a remake.

sentinelrv
When Transformers aired, I was like two and didn't understand anything. I grew up on Beast Wars/Machines Transformers. I love Beast Wars, thats my favorite of the two, I loved Megatron the best. But it is not a beast Wars movie they are making. It is Transformers starting from scratch, but following the story of the original show. Maybe the movie will be a box office smash(which it should be if it is a big budget action film), and they will make sequels, which could lead into the Beast Wars continuity! Yay!!! I can't wait for the movie, but it will probably be released at december 2005.

BackFire349
i was.

skule
you was what????

KidRock
cheetor was THE coolest in beast wars!

kira
i used to watch transformer.. i don't like beast war or the new transformer

skule
yeah the remake is of the original though, i never got into beast wars myself.

Godshinto
I liked both the origional transformers I had a transformer birthday party when I was 9 I think. As for Beast Wars very good series that was a great spin off of the origional show it has some great graphics and it showed the home world that the origional series just talked about. But I actually like the newest adaption of the transformers the have the ones about the minicons, I think that's what they are going to base the movie on it's more modern and easier to write a story about.

skule
I thought it was a remake of the original storyline, ie decipticons and autobots crashing to earth and stuff. Could be wrong i should go look for more info on the net.

MarchHatter
If they were to make a new one, I wouldn't see it. The Transformers will always be the Transformers, a cartoon that came on after G.I. Joe and the He-Man and She-Ra hour

Godshinto
What I meant is that they have a new cartoon series which is about the origional cartoon series but has a new story line "Minicons" it's only on the Cartoon Network. The movies is supposed to be real life robotics gaurentee that most of the fighting scenes will be computer Generated, as for what the movie is going to be based on the new series or the old one I'm not sure I was just guessing.

sentinelrv
I hate it when people say that they don't like Beast Wars. I know that people are entitled to their own opinion, but most of the people that always say that they don't like it have never watched it but a couple of episodes. I remember when I was younger and the show was still on season one, which was an okay season, not all that. It had okay graphics, and okay stories. Anyway, I was like a lot of people and said it was gay and never watched it because they were animals and not vehicles like the originals were. But then a couple of years ago, it had started a rerun from the first episode to the last and for some reason I started watching it even though I didn't like. Like I said, the first season was good, but then the second season was incredible. Updated graphics, way better storylines, drama, the best characters I've known in a cartoon series. Season three was incredible too. So far it is the best cartoon show I have ever watched period!!! So if I were you, I would buy the DVD boxset of season one that is coming out I think in August. Then season two and three and hopefully Beast Machines will follow on DVD. I have heard they are supposed to follow. In my opinion it is way better than the stupid shows Robots In Disguise and Armada. Those two shows ruined the entire thing. They are in alternate universes which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. They are poor quality animation, storylines, music, and dialogue. I'm sorry if I've made people mad over my comments, but they are just my opinions.

Godshinto
the newest series is called Armata Right

skule
I saw only a couple of episodes of beast wars here and there and for me it wasnt like the original i grew up on so i never bothered about it anymore. However as for the movie i dont know where they are going to go on the story line, i thought i had read it was the original transformers storyline, i would personally like that as when i was a kid i always wished they would be able to make it into a real movie and not a cartoon, so finally they are. Hope its good. cool

Godshinto
I think that we can safely bet that it's not going to be based on Beast Wars. And there will be a Megatron but what we have to find out is what the story is about. I just heard that the decided to do the movie it may not come out until sometime in 2006-07 so we really don't to have to worry about it right now.

skule
Yeah Megatron optimus prime and star scream would be cool, i always liked when megatron kicked starscream's ass for trying to stab him in the back.

THE CRITIC
t-3 rules lol go to t-3 boards skules

skule
uhm ... yeah i just did.

nopy
you guys are all showing your age you know smile

skule
hey i am under 30 ok! mad

nopy
what I meant was that, by admitting thay you were into the transformers as a kid you are basically saying you are aged somewhere between 25 - 30 sad

Erazmus
Deleted, misread a post. Sorry.

skule
yeah i am 28 so yes i am in that age group for growing up on transformers. smile

nopy
yup,

Im in that range as well and would luv to see a big screen remake.

-=Urot=-
I still get my kicks running around the house, listening to Instruments Of Destruction in my Transformer Underroos with a red towel around my neck like superman. laughing out loud

I guess that lumps me in the 25 to 30+ age group.

Sheepz
I seen Transformers a few times. It's....interesting.... What'a funny about transformers is when people play on the title...

Transgender: More then meets the eye

diegocala
I used to love to crush my brother's Transformers with a BFH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.