Return of the King changes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

turin
Hello, in the previous two films there has been changes from the book, so what do you all think will be different between ROTK book to film. personally, I think that there are going to be elves involved more so then in the book. Maybe the rangers of the North are going to be replaced by Elves. Second thing, i hope and pray this aint so but i am thinking that Army of the Dead from the paths of the dead are going to battle it out on the pelanor fields not on the coast to the south (i forget the name). I hope that aint true and I am just guessing but I bet it is cut for time. I am really looking forward to seeing aragorn on those ships though so hopefully i am wrong. What do you all think?

Metroplex
Well Peter Jackson says that they removed the Scourgng of he Shire. I think thats a really big change.

chica16
i hope the rangers are there instead of hte elves.. i didn't think the elves were supposed to be at helm's deep.... oh dear i hope they dont make bad changes

Seraph
as you can read on

http://www.herr-der-ringe-film.de/v2/de/news/news-detail_654.php

they made many things different. but i dont know how many of them are true.
here are the most important ones:

- at the beginning of the third movie is the rebuilt of narsil, then named
anduril. and arwen will bring it to aragorn herself.

- while saruman is killed by grima at the end of the third book, he will be killed by wormtongue by pushing him out of the orthanc tower after gandalf broke his staff.

- maybe imrahil will not appear in the movie

- the army of sauron will blow up the door of minas tirith.

- aragorn will look in the palantir first after coming to minas tirith.

- after destroying the ring, frodo will not awake in aragorns home in ithilien but in the houses of healing

- the scouring of the shire was defenetly not shoot (think most of you already know it.

- aragorns and arwens dead will be shown, during galadriel speaks the epilog

Ember11
Is the Grey Havens still in?

chica16
i think i can live without the scouring of the shire....anything other BIG changes.. will just plain piss me off

turin
dido

Seraph
the grey heavens are still in the movie.

Metroplex
The scourging of the Shire is pretty Big. Thats where Saruman was suppose to die.

Ushgarak
...and they would be pointless in the film so that decision is a good one.

Imrahil isn't really important either.

turin
ya Imrahil isnt very important but neither was gamling and he made it in, but a lot of other Rohan soldiers didnt make it like elfhelm and grimbold. Looks like a shot in the dark whether he'll make it or not. I hope he does he is one of my favorite characters despite not knowing to much about him. problem is if he is in it his significance will be diminished probably due to too many characters. you know beregond will be there though.

Foxinbaox8u
Does anyone know when and/or where the premeire of ROTK will be in the states?! I've heard where the one in london, austraila, and new zenland...but not the states! can anyone help me out?!?!

sammilicious
yeh i think in ROTK, the elves will take place of the ranges.. in one of the ROTK teaser piccies.. arogorn is holding up the elven flag when they're walking to the black gates for that battle to distract sauran

ItsAllMerryToMe
okay i no that...okay...they grima kills Saruman off orthanc...then legolas shoots an arrow in the air...and grima looks at him like wow thats pathetic...and then the arrow comes back down and lands right in grimas head....i no alot lot more...just PM me and i will tell ya whatever you want to know...tehehe

CandyKoRn
Doesn't Grima kill him at hobbiton? sorry if I've spoilt anything...

ItsAllMerryToMe
yea in the book he kills Saruman at the shire by stabbing him...but they completely cut out the scouring of the shire...its not in the movie....they have like alot of other things...like i think that aragorn actually fights sauron...i have the last 2 pages of the script...its sooo sad...i like cry reading it

CandyKoRn
omg.... ooooooommmmmmggggg...... bleh

CandyKoRn
what happened to "staying true to the books" huh? HUH?!

ItsAllMerryToMe
lolol..your funny....trust me they stayed as close as a movie could to a book...and trust me this is gunna be just as good if not better than the book

CandyKoRn
I doubt it'll be better than the book..

No film is better than the original book..

lotrlover7000
itsallmerrytome could u put the script that u have on here

muse5
i agree, as long as he doesn't do anything that george lucas would do

hrh_jennifer
Does anyone know if the scene where Frodo has been captured by orcs and is kept in the tower stripped of all his clothes is still in the film? Many of my friends are really apprehensive about seeing Elijah naked they think it'll be too much, others really want to, others find it hilariously funny, and others see it as further proof of Sam's homosexuality!

Any thoughts?

silentfaf
Who ever said they had the last pages of the script is quit gaulable if you would know that was released as a april fools joke so dont take it serious

Arwenishott
hrh_jennifer....... they are not going to show elijah naked......the movies is obviously going to be pg13 and if it is then there can be any nudity. besides peter jackson can always find a way to work around things that happened in the book and i think that the rangers wont be replaced by elves, but that they may show up after aragron, legolas, and gimli have returned from the paths of the dead. otherwise, the three would be sailing a whole armada of ship by themselves.can u say impossible?

rohanrider
elfhelm is cool i was disapointed he wasnt in the movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.