Charlies Angels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
What a top film! So it at the weekend and it was a riot. If you remember the original series as well then there are quite a few "Easter Eggs" in there for you to spot.

All three girls and really funny and Bill Murray was good as a new kind of Bosley.

If you haven't seen it yet then I can recommend it. It's not a serious movie, there is a lot on tongue in cheek stuff. It's very much aimed at being 2 hours of escapism and does that very well.

Go see it!

Dim
I don't know...I just can't imagine Drew Barrymore kicking but...it's not her image...

Ratcat
Actually she has a really cool fight scene, but noting compared to CD or LL

Dim
Hmmm, maybe I'll go see it this weekend..to get me over the Unbreakable disappointment.

queeq
RC, let's face it. You just loved the tights outfits, the legs and the buts. It's a real man's movie. I'd love to see it.

queeq out

Ratcat
Actually no, if I had one criticism of the movie it was the tendency to over expose the cleavage of the stars. There was only one point in the movie where it made sense and I found the rest rather gratuitous.

queeq
Woooooohahahhahaa. That is the best joke I've ever read from you. Whoooohahahahahaha.

queeq out

Gundark
I'll wait for the video stick out tongue

queeq
It's not for you! It's for your hubby.

queeq out

Dim
Yeah, I kinda gathered it was a boy's flick.

Ratcat
Queeq, please don't judge me by your sorry standards. I'm a legs and miniskirt kind person anyway. Cleavage doesn't figuire high on my list of wants in a woman.
Anyway, my wife has both so there :P

Gundark
Hehehe, RC spanks queeq and caps his name.

What am I supposed to do while hub is watching the angels ? Come here and hang out with you guys ? laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
We guys are at the movies watching Charlie's Angels.

And RC, that was very rude, capping my name. And if it makes you more comfortable, I have no standards. And mini skirts are very tacky and outdated, BTW, but enjoy it anyway.

queeq out

Dim
Hehehe..queeq:fashion police stick out tongue I take it long skirts are in style in (insert queeq's country here)...It's anything goes here...

Ratcat
Well the UK is definately in a Mini skirt phase right now smile

Gundark
I'm almost afraid to bring this up, but I have to ask because I absolutely loved her, but how do you brits feel about the loss of Princess Diana ? sad

queeq
They have almost forgotten her, Gundark. But what does that have to do with Charlie's Angels?

Miniskirts in the UK? What's next? A punk revival?

queeq out

Dim
Yep...and the 80's will live FOREVER!! stick out tongue

Ratcat
I wish they would. If I could go back to the 1980's, say about the spring of 1982 would be good. There are sooooooooooooooo many things I would have change about what I did back then.

Princess Di, well it was tragic at the time but I think it's prety much history in the eyes of the public.

Short skirts and nice legs *are* nice but there's a lot more to an attractive woman.

Darth Daft
I still haven't seen Charlies Angels yet, but I really want to. It looks like kind of a movie for both genders. The women get to see their fellow sisters kick some butt and show some real girl power, while the guys get to dribble as they stare at three attractive young actresses doing kung fu in tight costumes.

queeq
The 80's!!!! Well, it couldn't possibly be as bad as the 70's revival we had. Orange and dark brown, uuuughghgh. At least white I can bear to live with.

queeq out

Dim
Hmmm, somehow I don't consider Cameron Diaz a sister..oh well.
As for the 80's...just say no to big hair. And pastel everything..

Ratcat
No queeq, not a revival, I just wanna go back there and do it all again.

queeq
The eighties? Okay, I can see that: economic crises, war between Iran and Iraq, Reagan. Very good. Very good.

Well as I said, not as bad as the 70's. That I never want to relive again. Boy, did my parents have bad taste then, and they were never cured either.

Here's a question: what other series from your childhood would you like to see to be made into a movie now?

queeq out

Dim
Oh no...I bet they make a Dukes of Hazard movie...or Chips...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Ratcat
They already did CHIPS but it was a 2 hour TV movie. Actually the sotry was OKish.

My parents grew up in the 50's/60's.

As for the 80's. In 1982 I was 14 and disn't really care about all the things you mentioned.

queeq
They're working on a Spiderman movie. how about a decent remake of The Hulk. I saw an episode again after many, many years. Boy that was slow and bad. Especially all those horrible slomo's.

queeq out

Ratcat
Good news for you then. The HULK is in pre-production right now and I hear that the creature will be totally CGI. Imagine the classic comic book HULK but turned into a real flesh and blood looking creature and that's what you have.

I understand that they've already pin-pointed an actor for the roll of David 'Bruce' Banner, I'll see if I can dig out the name if you're interested.

I wish they'd done the Fantastic Fout. I saw the CGI for the THING and it was awesome, but I hear now that the project is dead at the moment.

Dim
Well, I was...8 and I watched them. stick out tongue

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooh, they could do Wonder Woman!

Gundark
HAH HAH queeq !!! You fell into my little trap !!

Hehehe. You are from the U.K. !! laughing out loud

queeq

Ratcat
Can we keep this in one palce cos it's getting confusing.

queeq
OK, I didn't know that about The Hulk. Cool...maybe... I would prefer a Fantastic Four myself as well. But that was not a live action series, right? Oh, that wasn't really a condition.

How about: The A-Team, The Movie. (help)

queeq out

Gundark
(Gundark uses her best Mr. T voice) "I pity the fool that tries to make me get on an airplane, Hannibal".

queeq is from Lipsicomordia..oops, wrong topic..sorry laughing out loud

queeq
Ooooooooh, Gundy is getting close now.

queeq out

Ratcat
queeq, the FF4 movie was to be a live action film. Ultra heavy on the effect naturally.

queeq
Cool.

How about Knight Rider the movie (uuugghghghgh). And who'd play David Hasselhoff?

queeq out

Ratcat
Actually, if you brought it up to date and lost all the DH machismo it would probably make a good film. IMVHO

Dim
I don't know...I don't think talking cars are that impressive at this point.

Ratcat
Talking cars *with* Turbo mode. laughing out loud

queeq
OK, dump the talking and add to the turbo.

queeq out

Ratcat
Vrooooommmmm, Vrooooommmmmm, Squeeeeeaaaaallllllll.

Gundark
They could be probably get David Hasselhoff to play David Hasselhoff. I heard he looks a lot like David Hasselhoff. Now doesn't that sound like Daft ???!!! (j/k, DD laughing out loud )

queeq
Why? That's is a very enlightened idea. Care to direct?

queeq out

Gundark
They could probably get David Hasselhoff to direct. stick out tongue

queeq
Oh? I thought it was supposed to be a good movie...

queeq out

Ratcat
Maybe David Hasselhoff could direct it.

Dim
For some reason this reminds me of that scene from Being John Malkavich...

David HasselhoffDavid HasselhoffDavid HasselhoffDavid HasselhoffDavid HasselhoffDavid HasselhoffDavid HasselhoffDavid HasselhoffDavid HasselhoffDavid HasselhoffDavid Hasselhoff

queeq
What was that alla bout? I didn't see it yet...

queeq out

Dim
There's this scene where John Malkavich gets in his own head..when he's in there everyone is John Malkavich...babys, waiters, women...and all they say is John Malkavich...it's pretty funny.

Gundark
I'll have to rent that, Dimmy, sounds bizarre.

Xizor
Back to Charlies Angels, the movie was pretty cool and all. Yet I was dissapointed that a flick with 3 really hot actresses had no nudity. In fact none of CD's movies have had nudity.mad

queeq
I heard the cleavage did not leave much for the imagination. That wasn't enough for you?

queeq out

Gundark
You can never have too much cleavage.

Ratcat
Oh you can, remember, More than 2 handfuls is a waste... laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

queeq
At least there'll be left overs the morning after laughing out loud

queeq out

Ratcat
queeq, when people say they want to eat them they don't mean it literally. They're not pizza's!

Gundark
There's never any leftover pizza at my house laughing out loud

Ratcat
That's why we always by two. One for now and one for ron.

Gundark
Actually, we're getting 2 pizzas tonight, but thats cause we having a couple of friends over. Pizza, cold beer on tap (don't know what kind yet, the old grouch has to pick up a new keg on the way home) and some good acoustic guitar music courtesy of the old grouch and his buddy Preston. Laid Back Friday, Coooooooooooolll ! smokin'

queeq
Now, why did we get off the topic of cleavage? Stay on topic people. Discipline, please. smile

queeq out

Gundark
I've got my own cleavage, queeq. I don't have to go hunting it like you poor pathetic males. ZING ! How was that Dimmy ???? laughing out loud

queeq
Is yours Charlie's Angels material? If not, I repeat: STAY ON TOPIC. laughing out loud

queeq out

Dim
Pretty good Gunny...of course it's a good thing mean don't have them...it would be like that one episode of the Drew Carrey show..

queeq
Or to quote Steve Martin:
"It's a good thing I'm not a woman. I'd stay home all day and play with my breasts." laughing out loud

queeq out

Dim
And that's so true...it's scary.

queeq
A man would, you know. laughing out loud

queeq out

Darth Daft
I agree. There's no doubt about it. Even the purest of men would have to have a little fiddle.

Dim
Kind of makes you wonder why men aren't running out to see some...

queeq
But they do...yes they do. Usually we get slapped, real hard. laughing out loud

queeq out

Xizor
Not me though...smile

queeq
Yes, but you're a real MAN. A stud. The real prize. No woman would have the guts to say no to you.

queeq out

Gundark
Well, the TOWER OF POWER has spoken. So much for the great and powerful OZ. Hmmmm.....well Dimmy, if you had a rocket launcher would you play with it all the time ?

queeq
People, people! Keep it civilised, people. There are children watching. Me for instance laughing out loud

queeq out

Ratcat
Actually, that's one of the advantages of having a pregnant wife, the "swelling"
eek!

queeq
Duuuuuh? I think I missed out on something there, RC.

queeq out

Ratcat
Well she don't need any padding in her bra, that's for sure. eek!

queeq
No.2 in the oven, RC?

queeq out

Gundark
What's wrong with playing with your rocket launcher, queeq ? Why my brother built model rockets in high school and went to rocket shows where they had amateur competitions. Hehehe. laughing out loud

queeq
You have amateur competitions???????!!!! Where are you from? Please tell me, I'd like to know where NOT to take my kids when I ever visit the States with them.

queeq out

Dim
I was going to point out the Pennsylvania/Dutch connection...but I don't want to be maimed..laughing out loud

queeq
Hey I don't get it?

So she's from Pennsylvania. Well, thanks for enlightening me, that explains a lot. A LOT. laughing out loud

queeq out

Dim
Which was settled by the Dutch..so yeah, it really does... *runs and hides*

queeq
We're long gone. The English messed it up.

queeq out

Darth Daft
Yeah, damn English people.

Ratcat
Hmmm, do I spot a little sarcastic irony there?

queeq
Errr...no? laughing out loud

queeq out

Gundark
queeq and I are related ???? That must mean he's my brother's uncle's cousins former college roommate !!!! laughing out loud

Dim
So you do have Dutch blood Gunny?...hmmmm, that explains alot laughing out loud

Gundark
Oh no, it looks like I've stepped in that blasted monkey poodoo with my wooden high heels !! laughing out loud

queeq
Try getting that green foundation off then. It'll keep the monkeys away. Oh and loose the broom too.

queeq out

Gundark
Hmmmm...if I didn't know better, I would think queeq darling is implying that I am a witch. Now where's that book of evil, painful, horrible, wretched spells I had lying around here.....

Ratcat
I'll get you my pretty and you little monley poodoo tooooo.....evil face

Dim
I'm a witch, there's nothing wrong with that! stick out tongue

Ratcat
Shall we start calling you Willow?

Dim
Huh?....I said a witch, not a dwarf!

Ratcat
Obviously don't watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer then

Dim
Well, lets see...I haven't had TV in 3 years...hmmmm..no.

Ratcat
Well that will give you something to watch over Xmas.

Dim
Well, I still can't get it...we don't get that station up here.

Ratcat
Oh well. You'll never know then.

Dim
Yep...and with that....this topic is closed smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.