the oscars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

turin
who thinks that ROTK will win at the Oscars? I keep hearing that this will be the year PJ will receive credit for the films, but i just have this feeling that he is going to get robbed yet again. I dont see a fantasy or science fiction film ever winning a best film award, instead it will always be that artsy crap (excuse the language) that wins. Hopefully PJ receives the praise he deserves but i guess we will have to waite and see.

chica16
there's no doubt it will get nominated but those dumb***es at the academy won't have it win cause it's a fantasy.. if they do i'll be VERY pleasantly surprised... dumb movies like the hours win that crap... seriously.... LOTR will stand the test of time and be a classic while Chicago is on the $5.88 rack at Wal-Mart....

Lady Ellie
Chica16, you are damn right! Maybe Lotr won't win an oscar for best movie, but it won't be forgotten. And like Turin said, we can only wait and hope.
thumb up

Kes
wow guys. I know this is a LOTR thread and you all love the movie but dont trash the other movies. The hours is very good!
LOTR is 1 movie broken in 3. It could never win an oscar cos the movie is incomplite (sp). Maybe next year cos it will be the last, but I doubt thatmessed
I dont think it has anythyng to do with fantasy (normally fantasy isn't very gooderm)

Seraph
i think ROTK will be the best of the three movies and win most oscars

LilySatine
yes I agree.
I believe it will for sure be nominated, perhaps even win! ROtK is said to be the better of the three, perhaps good enough to win! smile

BackFire349
it should but it wont. i agree the the lord of the rings will be looked at as a classic of all time. probably the only movie of recent memory that will.

Dark_Queen
im sure ROTK will win some oscars,but im not going to get my hopes up 4 it to win best picture or best director.the other movies will get those ones.but it doesnt really matter-we all know that it is the bestwink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.