Was Anakin ready for his first mission alone?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
was it wise to send an untested padawan with padme as her protector? i think that perhaps a jedi master such as luminari unduli or adi gallia should have been assigned this task. also, obi wan was familiar with anakins feelings toward padme. any thoughts?

yerssot
perhaps Mace and Yoda know exactly what the prophecy was about and they needed him to go dark?

Rogue Jedi
maybe....still, im sure they would have been more concerned with padmes safety than that.

Ushgarak
Blatantly, no, he wasn't, which is why the thinking behind Mace and Yoda needs to be revealed- but I seriously doubt they actually WANT him to go dark.

justinday15
Obi-Wan said Anakin wasnt ready, but maybe Mace and Yoda were just testing him.

yerssot
" I AM ready to face the trials!"
-Anakin, AOTC

Rogue Jedi
heres a question. why didnt captain typho accompany them?

yerssot
because they went in secret!
it would be really clear it was the handmaiden who stayed if typho accompanied her to naboo

Julie
right you are Yerssot...you need protection for even a decoy....and the whole refugee thing would ahve been shot if typho went along

Rogue Jedi
sorry, that one slipped by me.

LanceWindu
They should have assigned another person to be with them though.

Make it like an older brother or something that is accompanying them to another planet.

Rogue Jedi
i still think that the job should have been given to luminari unduli or adi gallia.

Ushgarak
She wanted someone familiar.

Rogue Jedi
maybe so. but they hadnt seen each other in like 10 years, right? how familiar could they be, despite the time they spent together during the trade dispute? no, i still think a jedi master was a better choice.

yerssot
"Maybe someone who you're familiar with?
An old friend ... like ... master Kenobi..."

sorry, felt like posting that, since I saw simething about being familiar wiht someone smile

Captain REX
The quote proves it. Palpatine using persuasion...er...Padme wanting someone familiar. big grin

JediKnight2000
yea but if they didnt assign ankin to protect padma the there wouldnt have been star wars episode 4,5,and6

Rogue Jedi
padme never said she wanted someone familiar. that was palpantines suggestion. makes you think. maybe he knew about anakins feelings toward her.maybe by assigning obi wan and anakin as her guardians, he felt that anakin would give into his feelings and break his jedi vows.

grifta
I think that they sent Anakin because he was a padawan and around the age that they start to get tested, and go through the trials. As clearly shown during the battle with the droids he is attune with the force like a jedi knight but still emotional like a little boy. So in my opinion I just think it was a test, it wasn't uncommon for this procedure at all. Padme is important but they knew that Anakin was more then able.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.